SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-09-07, 04:07 PM   #1
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127
Default [REL] Captain's Desk Photos Mods

These are sets of images to replace the sailor photo on the desk in the office. Images have been resized, then either cropped, or had padding added top and bottom or on the sides to meet the SH4 size requirement, then converted to the required TGA format. These files ONLY work with the American Career when using the U-boat Add-on. The German office uses a different directory and image size.

These files are set up to be used with my SH4 Randomizer, or Digital Trucker's A Girl In Every Port program.

Files which say "some slight nudity" means either naked backsides, or nudity with the "naughty bits" not visible. Usually both types are in a given set.

Except for the modern era girls, images are from WWII era actresses or artists. I've tried to not include images that are blatantly so, however some images are post-war.

All files include a readme.txt, which includes more information and instructions on using the images without AGIEP. They also include a thumbnail image file which you can also view by clicking the following link:

View Thumbnails

NOTE: The thumbnails are on my MediaFire account. For the larger images, you will have to download them to see them properly.

Download from the SH4 Downloads section here under the Pinups section of Graphics Mods.

From MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bzq2qeg3p4356

Files marked with a * are only available on MediaFire.

Captain's Desk Photos 1

32 black & white pictures (no nudes) of modern day model and self-proclaimed "Most downloaded woman on the Internet," Danni Ashe. Images were originally in color, but for a bit of "realism" I dropped them down to grayscale.

Captain's Desk Photos 2

32 black & white pictures (no nudes) of modern day model & late night premium cable actress Shannan Leigh. Images were originally in color, but for a bit of "realism" I dropped them down to grayscale.

Captain's Desk Photos 3

50 black & white pictures (no nudes) of modern day burlesque star and model Dita Von Teese. Her look is based on 1940s style, so she's a natural for this. Images were originally in color, but for a bit of "realism" I dropped them down to grayscale.

Captain's Desk Photos 4

117 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist George Petty. Chosen primarily because he was born in my home state of Louisiana.

Captain's Desk Photos 5

292 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Alberto Vargas.

Captain's Desk Photos 6

51 color and black and white pictures of actress Dorothy Lamour. Born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Captain's Desk Photos 7

108 color and black and white pictures of actress Hedy Lamarr.

Captain's Desk Photos 8

88 color and black and white pictures of actress and pin-up queen Betty Grable.

Captain's Desk Photos 9

420 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Gil Elvgren.

Captain's Desk Photos 10

113 color art pin-up pictures by artist Peter Driben.

Captain's Desk Photos 11

51 color and black and white pictures of actress Lauren Bacall. This is a bit of a fudge, as her movie career didn't start until 1944 (though she did do some modeling before then). But I just couldn't pass her up.

Captain's Desk Photos 12

95 color and black and white pictures of actress Veronica Lake. Famous for her film noir roles, and her Peek-A-Boo hairstyle.

Captain's Desk Photos 13

47 color art pin-up pictures by artist Edward D'Ancona.

Captain's Desk Photos 14

481 color and black and white pictures of actress Rita Hayworth. A favorite pin-up girl of WWII.

Captain's Desk Photos 15

30 color art pin-up pictures by artist Pearl Frush, one of the few female pin up artists, and considered one of the best. She was raised in Mississippi and took her first art instruction classes in New Orleans.

Captain's Desk Photos 16

128 color and black and white pictures of actress Lana Turner, one of the three pin-up favorites (Betty Grable and Rita Hayworth being the other two) of G.I.s in WWII.

Captain's Desk Photos 17

109 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Zoe Mozert. One of the few, and most popular, of the female pin-up artists of the time. She often used herself as a model.

Captain's Desk Photos 18

126 color and black and white pictures of actress Marlene Dietrich. Besides being an accomplished actress, she could play the saw!

Captain's Desk Photos 19

108 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Earl Moran. Not only known for his pin-up work, he was also one the first people to use a young lady by the name of Norma Jeane Baker as a model.

Captain's Desk Photos 20

66 color and black and white pictures of actress Ann Sheridan.

Captain's Desk Photos 21

154 color art pin-up pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Rolf Armstrong. Most of his work was done in the 1920s and '30s, though he did continue working into the '50s.

Captain's Desk Photos 22

146 color and black and white pictures of actress Gene Tierney. Besides being a great beauty, the plot of the Agatha Christie novel "The Mirror Crack'd" was based on an incident in her real life.

Captain's Desk Photos 23

28 color art pin-up pictures by artist Art Frahm.

Captain's Desk Photos 24

128 color and black and white pictures of actress and dancer Ginger Rogers. As these pictures show, she was a lot more than just Fred Astaire's most famous partner.

Captain's Desk Photos 25

81 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Billy DeVorss. He was an entirely self-taught artist.

Captain's Desk Photos 26

698 color and black and white pictures (some slight nudity) of 1950s pin-up queen Bettie Page. Although her career didn't start until well after WWII, she's still considered by many to be the greatest pin-up girl ever. This set is a tribute to her, in honor of her passing on December 11th, 2008.

Captain's Desk Photos 27

43 color art pictures by artist Al Buell. An almost entirely self-taught artist, his pin-up career lasted from the mid 1930's to the mid 1960's.

Captain's Desk Photos 28

95 color and black and white pictures of model, actress, comedian, and TV executive Lucille Ball. Before "I Love Lucy," she was, as you can see here, a major hottie back in the day.

Captain's Desk Photos 29

10 color art pictures by British born but American working artist Arnold Armitage.

Captain's Desk Photos 30

146 color and black and white pictures of actress and director Ida Lupino. Not only one of the few female movie and TV directors in Hollywood, at one time she was the *only* one.

Captain's Desk Photos 31

122 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Earl Mac Pherson.

Captain's Desk Photos 32

171 color and black and white pictures of actress Linda Darnell.

Captain's Desk Photos 33

57 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Jules Erbit.

Captain's Desk Photos 34

219 color and black and white pictures of actress Joan Blondell. Her career spanned from 1930 all the way to her death in 1979.

Captain's Desk Photos 35

39 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist K. O. Munson. Born in Norway, he emigrated to the U. S. as a teenager and began his art career in his twenties.

Captain's Desk Photos 36

387 black and white, color, and some color art pictures of actress Myrna Loy. Her movie career began near the end of the silent era. Even before U.S. entry in the war she was so outspoken against Hitler that he had her movies banned in Germany. After Pearl Harbor, she all but abandoned her film career to work towards the war effort.

Captain's Desk Photos 37

163 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Enoch Bolles. A very prolific artist who mainly did magazine covers in the '20's, '30's, and into the early '40's, when his pinup career ended due to a psychological breakdown.

Captain's Desk Photos 38

258 black and white and color pictures (some slight nudity) of actress Carole Lombard. Her career started in silents films in the 1920's. She made the transition to talkies, mostly in comedic roles. Killed in a plane crash on January 16, 1942, after attending a war bond rally, a Liberty ship was named after her in 1944.

Captain's Desk Photos 39

29 color art pictures (some slight nudity) by artist Merlin Enabnit. Though born and working in the U.S.A., his work was most popular with British soldiers.

Captain's Desk Photos 40

60 black and white and color pictures of actress Anne Gwynne. Considered one of the first Hollywood "scream queens" for her work in horror films, she was also one of the most popular pin-up girls of WWII, being ranked in the top 5 by Yank magazine readers 3 separate years.

Captain's Desk Photos 41

80 black and white and color art pictures (some slight nudity) by various artists of 1950s pin-up queen Bettie Page. Since her photograph set is by far the most popular set I've done, I thought y'all might like some art based on or inspired by her photos.

Captain's Desk Photos 42

267 black and white and color pictures of actress Jeanne Crain. Although her movie career didn't begin until 1943, she was a popular pin-up during the last two years of the war.

Captain's Desk Photos 43

36 black and white and color art pictures by artist Vaughn Bass.

Captain's Desk Photos 44

273 black and white and color pictures of actress Yvonne De Carlo from before she was Lily Munster.

Captain's Desk Photos 45*

281 black and white and color pictures of actress and swimming star Esther Williams. Though she only made a few movies during the war years, she was a popular pinup.

Captain's Desk Photos 46

21 color art pictures by 1920s and '30s pinup artist R. Wilson Hammell.

Last edited by fred8615; 01-27-15 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Removed SilentHuntermods links.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 06:18 PM   #2
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10
Default Excellent work, Fred

And an extremely good choice for the subject Nice work (as always)

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 03:05 PM   #3
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work fred

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 03:24 PM   #4
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Yeah, what RDP said

Totally off topic, RDP, where's Rudolph? He's not on strike with the Writer's Guild, is he?

Old 12-19-07, 05:35 PM   #5
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Totally off topic, RDP, where's Rudolph? He's not on strike with the Writer's Guild, is he?
Not being subject to FAA regs, Santa only uses Rudolph in bad weather. And as can be clearly seen, it's only partly cloudy.

(Do you realize that after RDP changes his sig back after Christmas, no one's going to know what the heck we're talking about? )
Old 12-19-07, 06:57 PM   #6
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
Not being subject to FAA regs, Santa only uses Rudolph in bad weather. And as can be clearly seen, it's only partly cloudy.

(Do you realize that after RDP changes his sig back after Christmas, no one's going to know what the heck we're talking about? )
Yep, we'll just have to tell anyone that asks "Well, you had to be there"

Old 12-23-07, 09:56 PM   #7
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615

Yep, we'll just have to tell anyone that asks "Well, you had to be there"

Here he is, poor guy got left behind.

Old 02-21-08, 06:50 PM   #8
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Two more sets added. See the first post for details.

For my next set, I'm considering something different. Pics of some male participants in the war. Stuff like FDR, Nimitz, Admiral Lockwood, MacArthur (for the Australia based boats. If you were there, you were ultimately under Doug), maybe some of the more famous sub skippers.

Sound good, or should I stick to the hot babes?
Old 02-21-08, 07:23 PM   #9
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Darn, I must be getting old (don't say anything) I'm getting behind in filling up my Captain'sGirls folder to the overflowing point :rotfl: Thanks for putting these together, dude

As for your question, my answer would be the same as my answer to just about any other question "Why not?". I'm sure that some folks would like to have a famous face sitting on their desk. And, who knows, there might be a lady or two out there playing this game

Last edited by Digital_Trucker; 02-21-08 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-21-08, 07:32 PM   #10
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work fred

By the way just saw the Rudolph posts , didn't even know he wasn't with
the team , oh well I'll include the poor schmuck next Christmas

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 05:34 PM   #11
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

In my opinion, in RL there is no way that there would be a picture on a desk of a Male!!! On the office wall, the military often has and/or requires, that an official picture(s) of the superiors in the chain-of-command be hung...FDR, Admiral King, CINCPAC Nimitz, SubRon Commander, etc,etc...But NEVER, ever, on the desk. That would always be a 'personal' pic of a loved one...family, GF, wife, fantasy celeb movie star, etc etc etc...
...imho and experience...

P.S. Thanks for your MOD. I use the Veronica Lake pack and it's always fun to enter the office to see what the next photo of her will be.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 06:38 PM   #12
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
In my opinion, in RL there is no way that there would be a picture on a desk of a Male!!!
That's why I started doing this. The stock photo is of a sailor...

A male sailor...

Not even a WAVE...

And to top it all off, he's not even an officer!!

My question to UBI is, "What's up with that???"

Really though, I thought it might make a nice change of pace. And also allow some "hero worship" as it were.
Old 09-22-08, 04:51 PM   #13
jimbob
Ensign

Downloads: 365
Uploads: 6

Sweet!

Thanks.

jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-08, 01:50 PM   #14
groomsie
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 50
Default Any ideas on how to change to a single photo we choose?

I have no idea how to do a mod, but what if we want to insert a single photo of our choosing--say a girlfriend or wife?

My wife--who gave me SH4 as a gift and loves that I'm loving it--is kidding me about putting her photo on the desk. Any ideas on how to do this?

Perhaps a small mod that accepts a photo?

The guts of what I'm asking are probably right here, just need to know how to do it. Can anyone offer any help / tips / point in the right direction?

Many thanks!
groomsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-08, 02:03 PM   #15
jimbob
Ensign

Downloads: 365
Uploads: 6

Fred probably knows, if any.

Awsome Pinup pics, been browsing all day.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
desk photos, images