Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-20, 09:03 AM   #1651
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Oh, jeez, you weren't supposed to know that! Quick find shelter before the Trumpstaffel find you and haul you off for the dreaded "Hannity Rehabilitation Process"! Run as far and fast as your Canuck legs will take you...
Not to worry. I live on an island and you know what the guy said ...."an island never cries".

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 09:25 AM   #1652
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Went out for a short walk and to buy some milk and I noticed the loony stage is now here. Three people gave me very dirty fearful looks to suggest I was carrying the plague and I was out to kill them!

What is the matter with these people, look keep calm and obey the guidelines and don't act like a moron. CALM DOWN!

Man if this is happening now I dread to think what it will be like in two to three weeks time.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 09:25 AM   #1653
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Looking at traffic webcams on weatherbug. I'm very familiar with, Norfolk, VA; Charleston, SC; Atlanta, GA; Miami, FL. Highway traffic is almost non existent. Even during this time of day when things were normal seemed like everyone on earth was on the road.

https://www.weatherbug.com/traffic-cam/norfolk-va-23509

Of course the videos have probably all been altered in a massive cover-up by the U.S. to make it look like nobody is driving....

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-22-20 at 09:46 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 09:53 AM   #1654
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Let them stare, let them look in disbelief or angwer - I wear my mask when entering a supermarket with all that moist stale air inside.

And no, I do not buy vegetable an most fruit currently. Even cleaning or processing it in the kitchen could contaminate my kitchen. Currently, only bananas, oranges, citron, lemons get bought and carefully handled, since they have an outer skin that you peel off. Apples, berries and the likes: no-no.

Also no sweet pepper, tomatoes that usually I consume a lot. Only pickled or canned. Thank good for these tzhere are indeed very good canned and pickled altemrtaives, I recommend the Italian brands especially, Muti and the like. sometimes taste better than fresh but mediocre tomatoes form Germany or Holland.

I also thionk that I mvoe to baking my opwn bread again. Bakeries often are very warm with plenty of moisture in the air. Cant be good.

Bad for the bakers if everyone would do it, I know. Its bad times, and only bad choices left.
Old 03-22-20, 10:40 AM   #1655
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Letters are being sent to 1.5 million people in England most at risk of coronavirus, urging them to stay home.

Those most at risk will receive letters or text messages strongly advising them not to go out for 12 weeks to protect themselves, the government said.

It comes as the PM asked the UK not to visit loved ones on Mother's Day, and follow social distancing guidelines.

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan asked people to heed the advice, saying "do it for loved ones who will die if you don't".

The number of people who have died in the UK with coronavirus rose to 244 on Sunday, as cases topped 5,000.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51991887

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 10:49 AM   #1656
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
The move comes as Italy reported nearly 800 coronavirus deaths on Saturday and saw its toll for the past month reach 4,825, the highest in the world.
I heard on the news that more men than women are dying in Italy due to they are smokers, plus an older population.

In one day is more than all of the UK and the USA all together since it began

PS as for your theory vienna that the virus came from another country visiting Wuhan? I would say that the virus came from the first country that tried to hide it ... China
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 10:57 AM   #1657
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Cases pass 300,000 with more than 13,000 deaths around the world; 93,000 people have recovered

Old 03-22-20, 11:15 AM   #1658
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Israeli doctor Gai Peleg, who is currently working to save lives in Parma, Italy, told Channel 12 that things are only getting worse as the number of patients keeps growing...

Peleg said that, from what he sees and hears in the hospital, the instructions are not to offer access to artificial respiratory machines to patients over 60 as such machines are limited in number.
https://www.jpost.com/International/...over-60-621856

In other news

Quote:
Los Angeles County health officials advised doctors to give up on testing patients in the hope of containing the coronavirus outbreak, instructing them to test patients only if a positive result could change how they would be treated.
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...inment-testing

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 11:19 AM   #1659
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^That further adds to the belief of how seriously bad it must be over there

Old 03-22-20, 11:34 AM   #1660
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Reading the local news on my app these BASTARD SCAMMERS are scamming people with emails full of fear and worst still knocking on doors of pensioners! A couple of the door knockers have been caught thankfully. Sick evil twisted people who do this sort of thing are a disgrace to the human race.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 11:35 AM   #1661
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

/\ good to know: at 60+ I'm a triaged expendible! but as a sometime first-responder at massive car wrecks(as in what a mess; who ya gonna help first!) I sympathsize thoroughly with the tough call. When time(14 days+-?) and resources (ventilators, Covid-afflicted medical personnel et al)are acutely short, ya gotta make choices. The young uns should be given priority. No imho about it.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 11:39 AM   #1662
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Of course the videos have probably all been altered in a massive cover-up by the U.S. to make it look like nobody is driving....

I was in three different states last week and yes traffic is pretty light.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 11:47 AM   #1663
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
/\ good to know: at 60+ I'm a triaged expendible! but as a sometime first-responder at massive car wrecks(as in what a mess; who ya gonna help first!) I sympathsize thoroughly with the tough call. When time(14 days+-?) and resources (ventilators, Covid-afflicted medical personnel et al)are acutely short, ya gotta make choices. The young uns should be given priority. No imho about it.
Wan't there a movie about killing all of the old people so the young might survive ... I forget
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 11:48 AM   #1664
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Oh, jeez, you weren't supposed to know that! Quick find shelter before the Trumpstaffel find you and haul you off for the dreaded "Hannity Rehabilitation Process"! Run as far and fast as your Canuck legs will take you...
Old 03-22-20, 11:52 AM   #1665
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Think on (and we here of all people should realise this)... about the safest place to be right now is on board a nuclear sub that's already been at sea for the past month

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan