SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-13, 04:14 PM   #1
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Corrupt save?

Hello folks,

I've spent two days trying to search for a prior thread/post concerning this and had no luck; so, here's the question (and I hope this sub-forum is the right place to ask it). I apologize for the length of this note also.

Playing SH4 OM/OMEGU, in the middle of a "BdU Deployment to France" career. Each time I reload a saved patrol, I get the sound of my last torpedo, or salvo, being fired again. Normally, that's all that happens; in the past, the patrol continues through several additional saves and then ends with RTB and a round on the Flotilla Staff following mail call (well, OK twice DID as well, once due to a mine and once by RN DCs ).

But, this morning, I also got a report (text and verbal) of "torpedo in the water" and a few minutes later "torpedo missed"...well, of course it missed, I was 120km and nine hours away from the location of the last sinking; there wasn't any target to hit with this "phantom" torpedo.

Wondering what was going on, I exited to the main screen w/o saving and lo and behold, the last ship that had been sunk and was logged as sunk, was no longer included in the tonnage credits.

To be clear; I do all mid-patrol saves at night, on the surface, in "Zentrale", with no contacts anywhere in sight or by hydrophone, and at least 100km from the nearest land and at least 50km from the site of any sinkings. I also ensure that there have been no indications of anything spawning for at least an hour before saving and exiting.

Has anyone seen this happen before and if so, is there a known (or even just a "suspected") cause/solution? Since this just happened after months of problem-free careers and single missions/single patrols, I hesitate to think it's a Mod-related problem. But, if anyone thinks it could be, I'll send my Mod list back separately.

I also don't think it's a hardware or OS problem either, but my system specs are: Alienware Area 51; i7 960 Quad Core CPU (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache); Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit; 12GB DDR3 1333MHz Triple Channel RAM; Dual 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 460-SLI Enabled; 1TB - SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache HDD (Raid 1). All of the SH series game folders are installed in a "SubSims" root folder outside of the "Programs" or "X86 Programs" folders and I use Multi-SH4 with separate save-game folders for the TMO and OM versions...and the 4GB patch is applied to both "SH4.exe"s. BTW...I use "Game Booster" to shutdown all unwanted Processes and Services before launching any of my games/simulations.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd be extremely grateful.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote