SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-17-21, 09:59 AM   #1
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0
bullhorn Merchant Fleet mod 3.3 Lite (Onealex & Toyotagt86 versions)

First and foremost all credits still go to iambecomelife as its still his mod with certain models removed depending on what wasn't already included in the Onealex or the Toyotagt86 compilation mods.

I removed all the A&X variants to remove neutral and duplicate ship models and added better recognition manual sils made by Izgud. I can't guarantee this will work with other peoples compilations as I only tested with Onealex and Toyotagt86 GWX based compilations, I completed several patrols at different times in the war sinking many different models from it but feedback is needed if you have issues. If people feel Onealex and Toyotagt86 compilations have enough merchants as it is then that's fine and totally understandable if you don't want to use this.

Install instructions
Download the version for the compilation mod your using and copy/paste the MODS and SH3Commander folders into your main SH3 folder then enable mod through JSGME application.
Make sure you install this before starting a new career and keep it loaded until you finish your career, never add and remove mid career or it will cause CTD.

MFM 3.3 Lite Onealex edition - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apf4S8iaE41M-S6J...gUOwZ?e=Ein2kL (last updated Jan 11th)

MFM 3.3 Lite Toyotagt86 edition - (work in progress)

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 01-11-22 at 10:29 AM. Reason: links updated
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 10:08 AM   #2
kyle9154
Commander

I'm looking for people to try out the Toyotagt86 version and give me their results as I only tested with it a limited amount of time (1 day).

Old 12-17-21, 02:14 PM   #3
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I'm looking for people to try out the Toyotagt86 version and give me their results as I only tested with it a limited amount of time (1 day).
I just installed it ... I played for about 1h30 ... without problem I have just started the basic career "weddigen" here is some screen of the boats crossing halfway through the patrol ... I do not all sreenshooter ...
now will try in Onealex mods

no CTD
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 02:21 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Have the 1 Alex version, in with that... am working on resetting back up Toyo's set up... have d/l'ed the version for that... but... 1 question...

is the Toyo 86 MFM lite... tuned for the v1 of Toyo's mix... or is this for the v2 mix.?

Just want to make sure that it is for v2, as that is what I have & am setting up on now.

So... that being clarified, would be of big help... as it is NOT clear of which Toyota86's Enhanced GWX3 mod set that your MFM lite, is for... exactly.

M. M.
Old 12-17-21, 02:30 PM   #5
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Have the 1 Alex version, in with that... am working on resetting back up Toyo's set up... have d/l'ed the version for that... but... 1 question...

is the Toyo 86 MFM lite... tuned for the v1 of Toyo's mix... or is this for the v2 mix.?

Just want to make sure that it is for v2, as that is what I have & am setting up on now.

So... that being clarified, would be of big help... as it is NOT clear of which Toyota86's Enhanced GWX3 mod set that your MFM lite, is for... exactly.

M. M.
hey Mad Mardigan commence par télécharger ici
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=138
ensuite tu place le mod MFM 3.3 tout frai de Kyle
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...83&postcount=1
here is my Mad Mardigan
Amicalement KM U669
Old 12-17-21, 02:32 PM   #6
kyle9154
Commander

the Toyotagt86 version was tested based off his newest version 2 with the enhanced effects included after he added the MFM ships from onealex, i went through and added the rest that was in original MFM mod and tested.

update: Toyotagt actually removed his older version off subsim today so that's redundant now, so only version now is his updated enhanced effects one he just released. Glad everything is working well.

I was also thinking of experimenting with the .sil files because as you know in the newest MFM 3.3 mod the recognition manual images look unfinished or very bland and the ones from iambecomelife's MFM lite beta from 2012 has the better looking images so I might use them from that version which shouldn't cause any issues as its just a .sil image file for the Recognition manual.

Last edited by kyle9154; 12-17-21 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-17-21, 03:03 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
the Toyotagt86 version was tested based off his newest version 2 with the enhanced effects included after he added the MFM ships from onealex, i went through and added the rest that was in original MFM mod and tested.

update: Toyotagt actually removed his older version off subsim today so that's redundant now, so only version now is his updated enhanced effects one he just released. Glad everything is working well.

I was also thinking of experimenting with the .sil files because as you know in the newest MFM 3.3 mod the recognition manual images look unfinished or very bland and the ones from iambecomelife's MFM lite beta from 2012 has the better looking images so I might use them from that version which shouldn't cause any issues as its just a .sil image file for the Recognition manual.
Thanks for clarifying... was NOT aware, that Toyo, had removed the v1... but, as you pointed out & I agree... moot point now.

But... it never hurts (or is stupid, either... ) to ask, as how else are you to learn, eh... "Life, is a continuous learning... experience, the only way you stop learning, is passing on... (& even that is not a definite 100%, either... as even that experience, is a complete unknown.)" I can't take credit, for that... as I learned that, from My granddad... a very wise ol' bird. *sighs* God, I miss His being here...

M. M.
Old 12-17-21, 03:14 PM   #8
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:

yes Kyle very good initiative still a plus if you get there know that I have just resumed my career with a construction of order of different mods all to restart without problem ... I continue my patrol now see you soon
Old 12-17-21, 03:33 PM   #9
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
hey Mad Mardigan starts
by downloading here https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=138
then you place the mod MFM
3.3 all
spawn kyle https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...83&postcount=1
here is my Mad Mardigan Friendly KM U669
Ahoy, Kal...

Already have all the rest of that... was just wanting & needed clarification of which version that kyle's mod went with...

of course, has been learned it is intended for v2 of Toyo's mod set... though, asking if it was intended for use with v1, is a moot point, since it's been removed/deleted from being downloaded, now... by Toyo.

For others, who may decide... their call.. with Toyo's v1 mod set.. it is good to know, that kyle's mod set here... will work with it, as well.

Warmest regards,

M. M.
Old 12-17-21, 05:01 PM   #10
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

bullhorn MFM 3.3 Lite-Onealex edition

good evening everyone I have just started with Onealex the MFM 3.3 Lite-Onealex edition mod .. it is imperative to start a career again if not CTD ... that's all for now ..
Old 12-17-21, 05:29 PM   #11
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
good evening everyone I have just started with Onealex the MFM 3.3 Lite-Onealex edition mod .. it is imperative to start a career again if not CTD ... that's all for now ..
Yes always start a new career if your using this and don't remove it until your done your career. You never load this mid-career as it adds ships to the RND.mis campaign file

Old 12-17-21, 05:50 PM   #12
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Query...

Can't add it in, even if you have a career started & are docked before beginning a new patrol...????

M. M.

If true, then is no big... as I have yet to begin an actual career start yet... have some... improvements of My own that I am working on with this set up, as is & have yet to finalize it, yet.

Just asking for others who may have this come to their own minds... for clarity's sake.

M. M.
Old 12-17-21, 06:03 PM   #13
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Icon14

Quote:
Query...

Can't add it in, even if you have a career started & are docked before beginning a new patrol...????

M. M.

If true, then is no big... as I have yet to begin an actual career start yet... have some... improvements of My own that I am working on with this set up, as is & have yet to finalize it, yet.

Just asking for others who may have this come to their own minds... for clarity's sake.

M. M.
Hey Mad Mardigan I just started a new patrol with no problem .. like i told Kyle you need a new patrol ... otherwise it doesn't work....
do not forget the config file to "order" install it via JSGME like that no back up c is NKL ..
i give you my list if it can help you
mod:
_Disabled Blur Effect=1
_Effects correction=2
_Gyrocompass fix=3
_Higher Air Strike Probability=4
_Hotkeys fix + Manual update=5
_Campaign update=6
_Negative buoyancy=7
_New Water (Atlantic)=8
_Navigation Map 2022 (for Onealex mod)=9
_No UMark=10
_Steam effect=11
_Type 2 armor correction=12
_MFM 3.3 Lite-Onealex edition=13
_U-Boat VIIB (Skin 1) Turm 1-2 V1=14

amicalement KM Maximus U669

in patrol AN_14
Old 12-17-21, 06:04 PM   #14
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Query...

M. M.

M. M.
I would recommend not removing it or adding it mid career, your either going to use this mod or not (no halfway measures).

Old 12-17-21, 06:05 PM   #15
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Yes always start a new career if your using this and don't remove it until your done your career. You never load this mid-career as it adds ships to the RND.mis campaign file

Strange; regardless of the rnd file one should be able to load it in port between patrols without causing any problems.

Tags
extra ships, merchant fleet mod, merchants, onealex mod, toyotagt86 mod