Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-21, 07:15 AM   #1
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Default 10 dead after rampage at a Boulder Colorado supermarket

10 people have been killed including one police officer at a Boulder Colorado Supermarket.

Quote : A suspect is in custody, Boulder Police Chief Maris Herold said, but authorities did not share any information on his identity, the type of weapon used or any possible motive. It has been reported by authorities that the weapon used was an AR style rifle.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/us/bo...day/index.html

The fatal shooting at the King Soopers store comes less than a week after attacks with weapons left eight people dead.

The Police Officer who was killed, 51-year-old Eric Talley, was one of the first to respond to the scene.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 07:36 AM   #2
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

So tragic and senseless

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 07:45 AM   #3
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
So tragic and senseless

They always are.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 08:03 AM   #4
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Thoughts and Prayers!!1
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 10:14 AM   #5
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Sad news-Followed it on CNN until bedtime.

I live under the Prime Directive-not pointing fingers or telling the Americans how things should be done.

I only pray that one day the Americans say ENOUGH.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 10:50 AM   #6
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

What does enough mean? That we isolate and divide each other even further by pro-gun, anti-gun, religion, who has a more comprehensive plan than the last, politics, skin color, defining the 2nd amendment, origin, slogans, or by the political media personality we listen too? Isn't that what incidents like this always turns into? Hows that helped, feel free to speak up, anyone? In my opinion it doesnt it just perpetuates it.

Everyone speaks the language they grew up hearing as a child. The questions should revolve around what CAUSED him to act as he did. Couple that with mental instability what else can we expect to happen? In this world we live in there are individuals that do bad things and hurt people for a multitude of reasons. Do the continued arguments mentioned above stop any of it? Hell no it doesn't.

Maybe increase wages, better living conditions, economic security, less internet, less political divide, less war, less divisiveness, less strife in the news. Or maybe we can develop the technology and chip people or inject them with something that makes them more docile.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-23-21 at 11:03 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 02:40 PM   #7
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
So tragic and senseless
We let them lock us in our houses for a year without much fuss so we'll probably allow them to totally disarm us now too.
Old 03-24-21, 06:27 PM   #8
Hardigen
Sparky

Downloads: 165
Default Sad Day

It,s the Families that remain who have the pain and sadness , what a waste so sad
Hardigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 09:07 PM   #9
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Bad people do bad things. They've done so since the beginning of "civilization", and will continue long after we're dead.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 04:49 AM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

And the usual, experienced ritual begins...

As long as so many people, after these many, many incidents, still refuse to ask why in their society these things happen so very very often any way more often than in other civilised countries, my sympathy remains limited.

Wer nicht hören will, muß eben fühlen.

A culture gloryfying violenc, and media focussing on fear-raising sensationalism, create an emotional cultural climate that was well described and corfectly identified as a key answer in Bowling For Columbine. Violent neurotism.
Old 03-25-21, 10:48 AM   #11
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And the usual, experienced ritual begins...

As long as so many people, after these many, many incidents, still refuse to ask why in their society these things happen so very very often any way more often than in other civilised countries, my sympathy remains limited.

Wer nicht hören will, muß eben fühlen.

A culture gloryfying violenc, and media focussing on fear-raising sensationalism, create an emotional cultural climate that was well described and corfectly identified as a key answer in Bowling For Columbine. Violent neurotism.
That would be true if it weren't for the fact that most gun owners are normal people without violent tendencies or mental illness who never engage in unlawful use of their firearms. Just like most knife owners or car owners.

It is very troubling that the media refuse to admit their complicity in encouraging people to go on a rampage with a firearm. They routinely publish the suspect's information, wedding their hands about the situation, and claim it's always white heterosexual men who commit these crimes. They were up in arms that the police refused to provide details on the suspect. They've completely ignored that the gunman in this case was a Syrian refugee who claimed that islamophobic people were after him. As soon as it turned out to not fit the media's narrative, they were not interested in his motivation.

They also rely upon statistics from countries where firearms are not legal, using circular logic - " see - they don't have any gun rampages in the UK!" completely ignoring that knifings, vehicular homicide, axe murders are at a record high in places such as the UK, Australia, etc. People bent on murder are going to commit murder, regardless of whether it is a gun, knife, or their bare hands.

One must ask - in other places where gun ownership is legal, what is the percentage of people who commit gun crimes? In those places, does the media sensationalize it and provide immortalization of the suspect like in the US?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 11:06 AM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

As I said, the usual ritual. Crocodile tears and the same old explanations.
Old 03-25-21, 11:28 AM   #13
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The love to a politicians or a party is a lot stronger than the wish for a change

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 12:07 PM   #14
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Shooters seem to breed shooters

Glad someone saw him before he could come out of the restroom

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/atlanta-ma...022852837.html

Atlanta man arrested with 6 guns, body armor at Publix grocery store

Quote:
Two days after 10 people were murdered at a grocery store in Colorado, a man was arrested at an Atlanta supermarket with a semiautomatic rifle, a shotgun and four handguns. The man also was wearing body armor and had a cache of ammunition, according to police.

Atlanta police identified the suspect as Rico Marley, 22, and said he'd been charged with reckless conduct.

The incident happened at about 1:30 p.m. when a witness saw Marley allegedly enter the Publix grocery store's bathroom with a cache of weaponry. The individual called police and the suspect was arrested when he left the bathroom, law enforcement said.

No shots were fired and no one was injured in the incident.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 02:49 PM   #15
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I travel A LOT. And I sometimes wear my Body Armour depending on the area I must travel in.

Now I don't go carting Fire Arms with me but still.
Am I to be suspect now even though I am using my right to protect myself in a NON-VIOLENT way?

Tags
shooter