SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-12, 05:13 PM   #1
flip665
Watch

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Here is Help with Multiple game installs and other modding stuff

to start, this is a step by step summary. i had a comprehensive post but it seems theres a character limit, or timeout limit because every time i write it and post it, it says im not logged in, and deletes my post so heres the quick version. if you need more info, or i am cleared that this post is accurate, i will try the long version again.

this post will teach you from scratch how to install multiple copies of SH4 and the programs needed to mod your game. i take no credit for this post as the info given to me was from this forum and others. the reason for this post was my need and the needs of others to answer a few questions that you and others have about modding and multi installs

this tutorial pertains to SH4 gold on windows 7, but with a little common sense, could likely be used on other OS's and or games.

follow me step by step and you will succeed, guaranteed, or your money back

START.

create three folders in C: drive
mynameSH4
mynameSH4c1 (designator 'c1' sets custom1. create more if you want for later c2 c3 ect.)
SH4downloads

copy or install a stock version of SH4 into mynameSH4 and c1

if you have a downloaded version or its installed stock already search C: drive for SH4.exe, check the properties on the SH4.exe icon and note the file path to locate the game. the folder you want is called Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific in an Ubisoft folder. i copy the ubisoft but im sure you can just copy the SHWotP one.

C:/mynameSH4 and mynameSH4c1/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific (here on refered to as 'game' and 'game c1' so pay attention)

download programs MultiSH4, JSGME, 7zip file manager, and any mods you want into your SH4downloads folder (i will be using TMO 2.5 as an example)

unzip (if needed) JSGME

copy jsgme setup icon to game c1, execute icon, click through install
run jsgme via the installed 'G' icon, this will create a MODS folder, keep created folder MODS called MODS to eliminate reference confusion, when jsgme enable/disable window pops up click tasks, take snapshot, when complete close JSGME

unzip MultiSH4
copy .exe icon (looks like stack of subs) to game and game c1
execute icon, it will suggest a suffix for the save game file. keep game stock suggestion, change game c1 suggestion to 'c1' , 'c2' , ect.for additional installs. also will suggest a desktop icon (optional) and put a 'G' icon in game c1 folder to run JSGME later

uzip, install or otherwise use 7zip file manager to decompress TMO mod folder in SH4downloads (if already installed right click on compressed folder to do this, some files may require a different program. TMO is a .7z file)

copy TMO folder (now called 1_Trigger_Maru_Overhauled_2-5 or similar) to MODS folder created by executing JSGME (should be in gamec1)

execute JSGME in game c1 again via 'G' icon. now your mods enable/disable window pops up again with the TMO mod available. click TMO mod and click enable.

click tasks (when complete) to compare your prior snapshot with the enable mod to be sure it worked. it will tell you Xfiles same Xfiles different Xfiles changed Xfiles removed... if there are no 'changes' retrace your steps and look for mistakes..

you are now modded in game c1 and stock in game

last thing, go to game and game c1, create desktop shorcuts to the .exe files (submarine icon that says .exe file or application)

happy hunting.

-Flip665
send me a pm if you need help. but beware im a rookie too...

if your new, note that some mods are not compatible with each other or need to be enabled/disabled ONE at a time in order... do your reasearch, and keep a backup...

Last edited by flip665; 04-14-12 at 09:01 PM.
flip665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 07:07 PM   #2
flip665
Watch

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

thanks for the updated title...

Last edited by flip665; 04-17-12 at 06:10 PM.
flip665 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, jsgme, mod, multish4