Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-11, 08:54 AM   #1
Mr_Kaizer
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Help with campaign mission 1

Ahoy!

I just picked up DW again, and I've found out that I suck more than ever at it. So much in fact, that I cannot seem to complete mission 1 of the campaign. I'm using the latest version of the LWAMI mod.

When I try to use either of the submarines, I get counterdetected right away, just as the mission starts. That leads to me getting my ass torpedoed before I can even begin to locate any hostile units. And for the Russian side not getting counterdetected is a critical part of the mission.

When I try to use the P3, I always end up getting shot down. If I'm flying low I can't photograph the installations I'm supposed to, due to them being behind a mountain. If I fly high, I get shot.

So some tips would be great And which of the available units is the easiest to complete the mission with?
Mr_Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 01:06 PM   #2
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

The easiest thing to do with the first mission is just to disable LWAMI for it. The Oscar has a towed array in LWAMI, but not in stock DW. The towed array is what will sometimes detect you from the start of the mission.

The other option is just to hope for a better spawn.

With the P-3, I'm not too sure, but you might be able to avoid being engaged if you keep your radar off and avoid flying too close to anyone. They'll detect you on radar but they won't classify you unless they have you on ESM or visual.
Old 03-12-11, 01:11 PM   #3
Mr_Kaizer
Watch

I had the radar off. They detect me if I'm high up, but if I fly low I can't do the photo recon I have to do :P

Thanks for the info on the Oscar TA. Guess I'll try for a better spawn point. Hell, the first time I spawned right next to a Victor III :P
Old 03-13-11, 09:55 PM   #4
Shazer
Swabbie

Downloads: 93

how high exactly are you? in ft or meters and how far are you from the land/enemy ships, best if your at about 5000ish feet and about 6-12ish miles away from any enemy boat or sam ect as they will detect you no matter what but they will only engage you if the AI /enemy senses hostile intent which would be closer than the above range and dont go directly at a ship as it will be considered hostile intent
Old 03-14-11, 08:50 AM   #5
Mr_Kaizer
Watch

Ah, I was probably too close to the ships then, I was measuring from land.

I'm trying it again with the 688. This time I wasn't counter-detected right away, but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay hidden. If the other times I played it is anything to go by, the proverbial **** will hit the fan soon enough, and the Oscar plus all the ASROC-armed skimmers will start lobbing torps at the loyalist Akula. And that might have spawned a little bit close to me this time :P
Old 02-22-15, 08:56 AM   #6
moha14881
Loader

Downloads: 264

In fact I found mission 4 at Qingdao chinluk the most difficult ever! I killed USS Annapolis without much problem but USS Santa Fe is rediculously overpowered with fat fresh Mk 48 ADCAP torps from nowhere and slamming the entire convoy without a problem. I've eaten many of his torps like insane while mine are miserable couldn't even scratch his paint! Any idea how to sink this insane skipper cause I have an INSANE VENDETTA on him???
moha14881 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, lwami, mission 1