Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-19, 12:44 PM   #31
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A warm SubSim welcome to you both

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 05:04 AM   #32
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Welcome aboard, William
Old 04-03-19, 04:05 PM   #33
KojiKamori
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Greetings, I have been playing Wolfpack and googled searched for Angle Off Bow and how to determine that, as I think I was over complicating things with it. Stumbled across this site as a result and a few tools. Never played any other sub game but enjoying Wolfpack because of how detailed it is. No micromanaging, no point ploting, take what ever position and you manage yourself and what you are good at, Work with a crew, not a computer, it is great. I just hate hunting down for hours a convoy to either have the host disconnect and or some error, like leaving the hatch open, or surfacing right infront under a destroyer just to be blown out of the water because the navigator mis-calculated our course. Only recommend for those with patience and lots of time.
KojiKamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 04:19 PM   #34
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiKamori View Post
Greetings,...I just hate hunting down for hours a convoy to either have the host disconnect and or some error, like leaving the hatch open, or surfacing right infront under a destroyer just to be blown out of the water because the navigator mis-calculated our course. Only recommend for those with patience and lots of time.
KojiKamori! as u point out: the leading cause-of-death on Earth is...other people...usually a bad physician or cook but also faulty kaleuns...navigators or a bumbler in the torpedo room(Kursk?!!)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 06:03 PM   #35
Bailing_Out
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default New guy here

I have been reading your forums for awhile, even before I bought SH5. I know its far from perfect but it is much much better than the only other sub game I played, Silent Service for the old Nintendo.

I came across Subsim by accident, something spelled wrong in a search? maybe.

75. sunny, it is going to pour down rain tomorrow, Saturday the 6th.

You guys seem like great fellows and I've read a bunch here.
Bailing_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 09:09 PM   #36
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome aboard!

Bailing_Out!we only 'seem' like "great fellows" because we've completed mandatory charm school...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 04-06-19, 10:19 AM   #37
Ensign_Andy
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 9
Icon14 Permission to come Aboard?

Hello.

I had been reminiscing about about that fine old DOS game, 'Wolfpack' and wondered what had become of it.

Surfing around I found Silent Hunter 3 and have been playing it for a little while. I like it a lot. Feels bit Wolfpack too.

So now I am looking to expand my experience. I want my sub sim to have atmosphere. I did look at SH 5 but I find all the B-movie cut scenes and dialogues pretty unbearable and unnecessary.

Hope to explore the mods sometime although I'm not very geeky.

Cheers me hearty's.
Ensign_Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 12:02 PM   #38
Bailing_Out
Nub

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Bailing_Out!we only 'seem' like "great fellows" because we've completed mandatory charm school...
No ones perfect but its mostly friendly even when someone goes off about how damn hard it is to play and says they are going to quit.

I'd love the navigator to have this line when I totally blow it and get us sunk. His voice

"We could have scuttled the ship ourselves Captain, no need to have involved the Royal Navy"
Bailing_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 12:13 PM   #39
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

Ensign_Andy!

Old 04-06-19, 07:20 PM   #40
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
I'd love the navigator to have this line when I totally blow it and get us sunk. His voice

"We could have scuttled the ship ourselves Captain, no need to have involved the Royal Navy"
I'M SURE THAT GOT MUTTERED A LOT ON 6/21/1919 AT SCAPA FLOW! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuttling_of_the_German_fleet_at_Scapa_Flow

Old 04-06-19, 08:40 PM   #41
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
I have been reading your forums for awhile, even before I bought SH5. I know its far from perfect but it is much much better than the only other sub game I played, Silent Service for the old Nintendo.

I came across Subsim by accident, something spelled wrong in a search? maybe.

75. sunny, it is going to pour down rain tomorrow, Saturday the 6th.

You guys seem like great fellows and I've read a bunch here.
Very nice intro message, thanks Bailing and welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiKamori View Post
Greetings, I have been playing Wolfpack and googled searched for Angle Off Bow and how to determine that, as I think I was over complicating things with it. Stumbled across this site as a result and a few tools. Never played any other sub game but enjoying Wolfpack because of how detailed it is. No micromanaging, no point ploting, take what ever position and you manage yourself and what you are good at, Work with a crew, not a computer, it is great. I just hate hunting down for hours a convoy to either have the host disconnect and or some error, like leaving the hatch open, or surfacing right infront under a destroyer just to be blown out of the water because the navigator mis-calculated our course. Only recommend for those with patience and lots of time.

Yes, Wolfpack is not GTA V. I find that the deliberate pace of getting into position builds a LOT of tension, though. You may only get one shot at a convoy and you want it to be successful. So, yeah, tense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign_Andy View Post
Hello.

I had been reminiscing about about that fine old DOS game, 'Wolfpack' and wondered what had become of it.

Surfing around I found Silent Hunter 3 and have been playing it for a little while. I like it a lot. Feels bit Wolfpack too.

So now I am looking to expand my experience. I want my sub sim to have atmosphere. I did look at SH 5 but I find all the B-movie cut scenes and dialogues pretty unbearable and unnecessary.

Hope to explore the mods sometime although I'm not very geeky.

Cheers me hearty's.
Welcome to Subsim, Andy, glad to hear from you, sir.
Old 04-06-19, 09:10 PM   #42
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

First, let me address this question asked by keteimporta:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keteimporta View Post

And now I have a question for all of us: after being out of simulators for almots 15 years... What's the game I must play? Is SH-5 worthy, of I rather must play SH-3?

Cheers
Sh3 is the better sim but the graphics are not as nice as SH5. With a full suite of mods, SH5 is pretty good.

and
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmateurCaptain View Post

PS- Does anyone know how we can change our profile picture?
Simple, more posts, skipper

So, here are the new guys who posted in this thread and are eligible for the Subsim mouse pads:

Euraisa
keteimporta
Hubert Manche
Joshua lyng
AmateurCaptain
Klauklau
ekoostik
Anon420
die wilde jagd
Techlovr
Suazo
LowesyPC
Driveman83
KojiKamori
Bailing_Out
Ensign_Andy

So many friendly and clever, often funny posts! Good job, guys.
And the winner is: Hubert Manche

Hubert Manche, to claim your prize simply send me a PM and I'll ship your mousepad out.

thanks
Neal
Old 08-06-19, 12:41 PM   #43
Taylormoore282893
Swabbie

Downloads: 14

I got into Sh3 about 9 years ago by watching One F Jef he also got me into CataDDA which I one of my favorite games as well. My interests include music and history. I prefer the u boats for there ingenuity.
Taylormoore282893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-19, 01:22 PM   #44
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community To The Following >
Euraisa
keteimporta
Hubert Manche
Joshua lyng
AmateurCaptain
Klauklau
ekoostik
Anon420
die wilde jagd
Techlovr
Suazo
LowesyPC
Driveman83
KojiKamori
Bailing_Out
Ensign_Andy

Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contest