SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-17, 02:09 PM   #1
Rikk Von Westhoff
Nub

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
Default What are the top 3 or 4 best and most stable Mega-Mods for SH4?

As someone who has long played and loved modded SH3, has played un-modded SH4 a fair amount since it came out and finds SH5 (modded or otherwise) to be beautiful, but rather rigid, overly complex and just not quite enough 'fun', could I get some opinions on SH4 megamods and which ones add the most without making the game too finicky or unstable?

Thanks Gents!

Rick
Rikk Von Westhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-17, 02:13 PM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Rikk Von Westhoff
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Support The New SH4 Mega Mod Project FOTRSU > 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.56 PublicBeta_EN
Steam Conversion SH4 Installation Instructions By ValoWay

I also can recommend Websters GFO which you can find details of in my signature.

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 01:12 AM   #3
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I would like to recommend you my ModPack for SH4.
It is a compilation and assembly of four large and many small modifications, which are compatible or made with one another and are absolutely stable with each other.

The pack mainly consists of these mod (inkl. Patches):
1. Trigger Maru Overhauled
2. Run Silent, Run Deep - The Campaign
3. Optical Targeting Correction (OTC)

Furthermore are included as well as adapted (inkl. Patches):
- Improved Ship Physics (ISP)
- Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start
- MadMax ShipPack (inkl. IJNNagato_IJNMyoko)
- Ralles SoundPack
- Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD Map
- Real Environment RSRDC_TMO by Kriller + Caustic
- Enhanced EnvMod experimental; Derived from W_clear's EnvMod for SH5 with new weather cycles and climate zones
- NewDepthCharges
- Torpedoupdate V2
- TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
- Nav_Map makeover V2.1
- Sub Class Info
- AftStbAntenasCorrected
- AI shooting torpedos
and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I've been meaning to give Bleiente some feedback on this, and have been having trouble with Photobucket quite a bit lately. I did finally manage to get these more recent shots up and linked to, but that actually took twice as long to do as setting up a new career and playing a whole mission...

I've done two single missions, successful at both of those, but of course, you don't have to get away from the enemy in a Single Mission... you complete the objective, and it matters little that you've got 6 DDs buzzing above you, you just hit the OK and exit... A career is different, especially after you've been "testing" another mod, and trying to hurry along through actually testing the thing to see what happens if you surface in the middle of a Japanese Task Force with an American S-18 Sugar Boat...

Needless to say, when actually playing my first career in Bleiente's Mod Soup, I died in my first encounter. Mostly due to impatience. There was a nice big tanker plugging along at about 9 knots... who cares about those DD? I didn't even count how many there were. What's it matter anyway? I was mesmerized by the blue sea, the wailing of the gulls, the idyllic fishing vessels that all of a sudden started shooting machine guns at me!... Crash Dive!... anyway, saw the tanker not long after that, attacked it at like 1006 am, dead calm sea, and before the first "Boom!" the point DD was after me. I think they ended up with 3 on me, but I died after like their 2nd pass.

So I started another career this evening, and noticed that Bleiente has a pre-PH start, so I did that. Here's some shots:

Intro screen, got impatient, so you'll notice the assignment isn't finished...

Navigation map, Oahu overview

Leaving the dock, slightly zoomed navigation map

Look across toward Ford Island

Through the binoculars

Getting around the bend, looking over the left shoulder

Zoomed out a bit as we're leaving

On my way to the patrol area for some sea trials

Shot of the periscope station. you might notice the "Flank" speed. I've done a test Crash Dive with the crew...

Sunday morning, December 7th, 1941 at about 0352 hours local - Sound contact bearing 9, and after "traveling" a while with the camera, look what I saw:

... and a little further along:

They ended up being over 10k away from me, and going too fast for a Porpoise to catch. I did radio in a contact report, but since I'd fulfilled my patrol assignment requirements, they just told me "Good job. Continue with what you're doing, or return to base"... hmmm. Let's see, bunch of soon-to-be enemy ships out here, but I am down to less than 25% of my fuel... I lost them anyway before 0600 hours on the sound contact, and never did re-establish, so they got away...

Of course, the jpg format ruins the color a bit, and "flattens" things, so the shots aren't quite true. But it is a nice little mix that Bleiente has put together. Just don't forget to load the guns if you have to use them... Kind of hard to shoot 'em if they're empty... Shtinking fishermensezz... Good job Bleiente! I give it two thumbs up! Thank you sir!

Last edited by Bleiente; 04-23-17 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-23-17, 01:38 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Rikk Von Westhoff!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 03:41 PM   #5
LCQ_SH
Lieutenant

Downloads: 175

Awesome,

Exactly the post I was looking for since it's been a while I was around in SH4 forum.

It looks amazingly quite though
LCQ_SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 03:43 PM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
I would like to recommend you my ModPack for SH4.
It is a compilation and assembly of four large and many small modifications, which are compatible or made with one another and are absolutely stable with each other.

The pack mainly consists of these mod (inkl. Patches):
1. Trigger Maru Overhauled
2. Run Silent, Run Deep - The Campaign
3. Optical Targeting Correction (OTC)

Furthermore are included as well as adapted (inkl. Patches):
- Improved Ship Physics (ISP)
- Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start
- MadMax ShipPack (inkl. IJNNagato_IJNMyoko)
- Ralles SoundPack
- Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD Map
- Real Environment RSRDC_TMO by Kriller + Caustic
- Enhanced EnvMod experimental; Derived from W_clear's EnvMod for SH5 with new weather cycles and climate zones
- NewDepthCharges
- Torpedoupdate V2
- TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
- Nav_Map makeover V2.1
- Sub Class Info
- AftStbAntenasCorrected
- AI shooting torpedos
and more

That's awesome you are using some of my mods in your pack.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 09:22 PM   #7
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
That's awesome you are using some of my mods in your pack.
Yes ... I found your modes good and appropriate.
The description of NewDepthCharges is self-explanatory and works fine. With your TorpedoUpdate I found particularly good that you have the Mk 27 from the explosive power adequately defused.

Tags
megamod, sh4