SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-16, 05:55 PM   #1
bruniik
Nub

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Support SH4 windows 10 JSGME mods wont work

i installed SH4 on my laptop using steam with no issues, the game plays flawlessly. i downloaded JSGME from here on subsim then watched these videos that explained it and followed the instructions to a T. downloaded a bunch of mods, some of which i had on my old pc years ago, and tried to get them to work with no luck. i tried only doing 1 mod that i had used previously and it didnt work. i assumed i did something wrong, uninstalled JSGME, watched both videos again and did it along with the videos. i noticed when they both opened the MODS folder that they had 2 folders inside of it, i did not. a friend of mine says JSGME might not be compatible with Win 10, though i dont think thats the case. please help, i want my mods.
bruniik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 06:13 PM   #2
jonmar
Bosun

Downloads: 86

JSGME works fine with win10.

Is your Steam install inside one of the Program Files folders? If it is, run JSGME as an admin.
Have you enabled the mods in JSGME?
Check the file structure inside your MODS folder. Go into your MODS folder and open one of your mods, the first thing you should see is the Data folder and maybe some others if the mod has them. But they'll always have at least a Data folder. If the Data folder and the others are one or more levels deeper, then the file structure is wrong and you need to move the files so that they are in the right place.

F.ex: MODS/mod name/Data <------ this is the right folder structure. So make sure that the Data folder, and any other folders or files that are in the same place, are directly inside the mod's folder.
jonmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 06:20 PM   #3
bruniik
Nub

Downloads: 48

i figured it out. i had put all of it in the "my documents" sh4 instead of "program files x86" sh4. ty for the reply. im going to leave this up for anyone else that may find the same issue
bruniik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 06:26 PM   #4
jonmar
Bosun

Downloads: 86

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I watched the video that you linked and also noticed that he just said "now open your silent hunter 4 folder" but he didn't specify the location of it (it's important) and he opened it by clicking on a shortcut instead of navigating to it. I didn't think more of it but in hindsight it can be confusing.

Glad you got it sorted.
jonmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 01:45 AM   #5
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruniik View Post
i figured it out.
Welcome to Subsim! Glad to hear you got this figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruniik View Post
im going to leave this up for anyone else that may find the same issue
This makes me happy. I'm so annoyed by finding search results that describe a problem I'm having, followed by the same user saying "Nevermind, I got it" and no explanation of the solution. Thank you!
Old 03-06-16, 04:16 PM   #6
Hardigen
Sparky

Downloads: 165

Took me a long time to figure that out ,I did exactly the same (put JSGME in the Documents folder) it was the Berbster with he,s Stickys that show me where I was going wrong. Any one whose not computer literate like me will find it easy when following the instructions he gives , I,d buy him a pint if I could .nice t know you,ve got it sorted
Hardigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 06:39 PM   #7
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Bruniik
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod
SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT <> INFO <> DOWNLOAD LINKS -STICKY INDEX
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
it wont work, jsgme, sh4, something is missing, windows 10