SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-22, 07:18 PM   #1
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default Great Deal on Steam for SH4 & U-Boat Upgrades

For anyone looking to get back into the SH4 with U-boat Missions that also patches the original game to V1.5 Steam is offering the SH4 original version for $2.49 and the U-Boat upgrade which patches the original version to V1.5 for an additional $2.49.
Great deal and everything works fine.
Only last for a short time so get it now.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 09:21 PM   #2
Xerxes
Bosun

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
For anyone looking to get back into the SH4 with U-boat Missions that also patches the original game to V1.5 Steam is offering the SH4 original version for $2.49 and the U-Boat upgrade which patches the original version to V1.5 for an additional $2.49.

Make sure to buy the individual items, not the bundle, the bundle is full price for some reason.
Old 05-29-22, 10:18 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, is v1.4 & is just sub simming with fleet boats... only.

SH4 Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions/stories, is v1.4 w/ Uboats in the Pacific, added in in a limited fashion, making this v1.5

v1.5, can be purchased solo & used to play SH4... without having to have v1.4, just so you know.

I have Steam access to SH3, both v1.4 & 1.5 of SH4 & SH5... I picked all those up in a 3-for-1 pack deal... for back at the time, for $21 & some change.

They do, offer that pack deal, every so often, just have to catch it when they do... not sure what the price for it is now, though...

M. M.
Old 05-30-22, 06:25 PM   #4
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, is v1.4 & is just sub simming with fleet boats... only.

SH4 Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions/stories, is v1.4 w/ Uboats in the Pacific, added in in a limited fashion, making this v1.5

v1.5, can be purchased solo & used to play SH4... without having to have v1.4, just so you know.

I have Steam access to SH3, both v1.4 & 1.5 of SH4 & SH5... I picked all those up in a 3-for-1 pack deal... for back at the time, for $21 & some change.

They do, offer that pack deal, every so often, just have to catch it when they do... not sure what the price for it is now, though...

M. M.
Yeah but it doesn't beat $5.00 lol.
Was having so many issues getting it to load up on Windows 10 I didn't want to drop another $20 to $40 to download from Steam until this deal came along.
Not only was it a great deal but it already had the problems fixed with the .dll problems that I was having with the original games.
So glad to see we can still play these classics from so long ago.
While they continue to improve the U-boat versions Nobody's ever done anything other than MODs for the U.S. WW2 sub fleet since this game came out.
SAD!!

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 08:49 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Was having so many issues getting it to load up on Windows 10 I didn't want to drop another $20 to $40 to download from Steam until this deal came along.
Not only was it a great deal but it already had the problems fixed with the .dll problems that I was having with the original games.
While they continue to improve the U-boat versions Nobody's ever done anything other than MODs for the U.S. WW2 sub fleet since this game came out.
SAD!!
NOT... entirely, true.

There are 2 Uboat mod sets, especially built off of & based off of SH4.

The 1st, is Operation Monsun: Dark Waters v6, done up by Fifi...

The same Fifi, that has done very good enhancements for LSH3 2020 & I believe also LSH3 2022, as well. CCoM v12, as well as NYGM.

Note that there are some weeeee minor glitches, bugs with it but... outside of that, it is still... quite good.

This set, will call for you to set up... & for now, Fifi, has stepped back from updating it.

Is a couple of others that have done some fixes & am sure that they would be accommodating to forward their fixes, if asked for them.

Just make sure to have v1.5 of SH4 (which would be SH4 - Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat missions)

OM: DW v6, found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=243322

The other one, that is also good as well... is:

KSD II: Ace Ed. v1.41

This 1, is a full packaged set up, that predicates that you have full on access to a vanilla copy of your own...

After download of it, all that is needed is to unzip, put it where you chose to, then run the auto installer to finish set up.

KSD II: Ace v1.4.1, found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250525

Hope this helps, clear the air, of there being no Uboat variations for SH4.

M. M.
Old 05-30-22, 08:53 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
SAD!!
On the U.S. fleetboat side of the equation, there are the following:

Fall of the Rising Sun

Latest work up, is v1.7x

Which, can be found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=243064

Then, there is a reworx of TMO, by Bubblehead1980, which can be found, here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250635

Hope, this helps, as well.

M. M.