SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-18-21, 06:56 AM   #466
RickSarg
A-ganger

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Keitzer View Post
I love the ARB Widegui mod, but I am in the process of setting up a new computer with the Nvidia RTX 3080 graphics card. I can run Silent Hunter III no problem on this new computer, but I cannot get ARB Widegui to work -- the display wants to stay in the original 1024x768 resolution with only the lower left hand portion of the ARB Widegui screens displaying. This is a free standing non-StarForce version of SH3 1.4 w/ GWX. The Nvidia 3080 runs DriectX 12, which is supposed to be backward compatible.

Interestingly, I have the exact same setup on a portable with an Nvidia GTX 1050 running DirectX 12 and SH3 with ARB Widegui runs perfectly.

If anyone comes up with a solution to SH3 with ARB Widegui 1920x1040 on the Nvidia 3080 RTX, please post your solution here. Thanks.
This sounds more like a monitor issue. I have an RTX 2070 card and I can run ARB Widescreen without any issues.

Rick
RickSarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 03:35 PM   #467
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Downloads: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSarg View Post
This sounds more like a monitor issue. I have an RTX 2070 card and I can run ARB Widescreen without any issues.

Rick

Well, that's good to know. I've played SH3+ARB using this monitor with my old W7 computer (now dead) using VGA, as well as plugged my W10 portable through this monitor using DP to HDMI with no problems in the past. For some reason this RTX 3080 using HDMI to HDMI just won't play ball so far.

Thanks for the reply -- I'll keep trying.
Alfred Keitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 04:50 PM   #468
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Downloads: 264

RTX 3080 and ARB WIDEGUI ISSUE SOLVED ...

Well, I found that there are no less than 8 variants of "d3d9.dll" on my new RTX 3080 computer ranging in size from 72.1 KB to 1.54 MB. I noted that the newest 1.54 MB version resided in my SH3 directory. My guess here is that if Windows needs but does not find a copy of "d3d9.dll" in your application directory referenced by an .INI file, it will get and use the latest and greatest version.

I noted on my portable computer with working SH3+ARB that the "d3d9.dll" was 190 KB in size -- a version which did not exist on my new machine. So I copied this version over to my new machine with the RTX 3080, replaced the version in my SH3 directory, and now SH3 with ARB Widegui works great on the new machine. WOO HOO!
Alfred Keitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 05:14 PM   #469
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Keitzer View Post
RTX 3080 and ARB WIDEGUI ISSUE SOLVED ...

Well, I found that there are no less than 8 variants of "d3d9.dll" on my new RTX 3080 computer ranging in size from 72.1 KB to 1.54 MB. I noted that the newest 1.54 MB version resided in my SH3 directory. My guess here is that if Windows needs but does not find a copy of "d3d9.dll" in your application directory referenced by an .INI file, it will get and use the latest and greatest version.

I noted on my portable computer with working SH3+ARB that the "d3d9.dll" was 190 KB in size -- a version which did not exist on my new machine. So I copied this version over to my new machine with the RTX 3080, replaced the version in my SH3 directory, and now SH3 with ARB Widegui works great on the new machine. WOO HOO!

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde...

M. M.
Old 10-21-21, 03:15 PM   #470
Ghost Dog
Planesman

Downloads: 114

Excellent work. I'm surprised to see that it works with LSH 2020, although some of my map tools are off center. For example, when you center the rule "circle" and click, your actual pencil marks are a few inches above. Is that something I can fix or because this mod was never really meant to work with LSH??

free image host
Ghost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 11:27 AM   #471
Jhanz
Swabbie

Downloads: 120
Default No TDC on/off on Attack and OBS periscope

Weird that I can't find the TDC button on both periscopes. I already have the hotfix.
Jhanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 08:51 AM   #472
print.scr
Swabbie

Downloads: 59

Just want to say great mod! Wolfpack345 on YouTube recommended this mod in a video but you guys probably already knew that.

Wolfpack345 is to the subsim community what Gene Roddenberry is to trekkies.
Old 11-19-21, 08:21 AM   #473
NTurano
Watch

Downloads: 79
Default Funcionó!

Muchas gracias!

Fue algo complejo traducir las instrucciones para parchear el juego y disfrutar de éste gran Mod, pero valió la pena

NTurano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 02:03 AM   #474
kacpro090
Sailor man

Downloads: 52
Default Where can I edit the ARB Gui textures?

I'm trying to get back to SH3. I just want to edit the ARB Gui for myself, so I can somehow get rid of the swastikas and other nasty stuff in it.
I'm trying to do the same thing that Wolfpack did back then in his SH3 campaigns.
kacpro090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 07:06 AM   #475
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacpro090 View Post
I'm trying to get back to SH3. I just want to edit the ARB Gui for myself, so I can somehow get rid of the swastikas and other nasty stuff in it.
I'm trying to do the same thing that Wolfpack did back then in his SH3 campaigns.
Nasty stuff??? you mean beautiful artwork and symbols?

This is a historical game untouched by the silliness of today's politics. I'm glad this game has all the original swastikas and original symbols because if not then its not historical or realistic and just arcadey and censored like all the new sub games that get released. Games these days are ruined all because of social media and people over sensitive about everything weather it be statues, symbols or even building names/street names. Its like they want to erase history never to be told again and forgotten that it actually happened. there i'm done ranting for now

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 07:08 AM   #476
kacpro090
Sailor man

Downloads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
This is a historical game untouched by the silliness of today's politics. I'm glad this game has all the original swastikas and original symbols because if not then its not historical and realistic and just arcadey and censored like all the new sub games that get released. Games these days are ruined all because of social media and people over sensitive about everything weather it be statues, symbols or even building names/street names. Its like they want to erase history never to be told again and forgotten that it actually happened. there i'm done ranting for now
Alright, I understand
kacpro090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-21, 07:34 PM   #477
mungojerry311
Watch

Downloads: 95

I'm having an issue with the nav map. It appears as if there are two maps side-by-side and they're inaccurate when zooming out. Everything else works just fine though.

I've already seen the detailed instructions on Page 12, but I already have everything I want installed and would rather not do another clean install.
mungojerry311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-21, 04:28 AM   #478
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by mungojerry311 View Post
I'm having an issue with the nav map.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...21&postcount=2
Old 06-18-22, 07:43 PM   #479
ROCTEC
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 6
Icon14

please add zoom in and zoom out menu in navigation
ROCTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 10:11 AM   #480
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

ROCTEC!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote