SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-10, 06:09 PM   #241
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
the beauty of Randomness.....I have lots of it coded into the ship's AI
That's random alright. But getting 6DDs stuck to you and nothing lets you shake em.......They could have at least had the courtesy of killing me with dcs but nope, they would rather me suffocate.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 08:10 PM   #242
dogshu
Mate

Downloads: 120
Uploads: 0

I'm unable to download this from filefront, it gives me a 404.
dogshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 08:17 PM   #243
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogshu View Post
I'm unable to download this from filefront, it gives me a 404.
Filefront has been on the fritz the last day or so.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 08:38 PM   #244
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

any news about fixing non agressive planes ?

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 08:54 PM   #245
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Working a treat . I was at periscope depth at all stop and silent running . I had a task force running from approx 300deg across the bow about 2000mts away . Everything was going normal when all of a sudden one of them breaks off and starts heading straight for me . WTH , ok so i stayed at 1 knot but slowly sank to 80 mts . Benno told me that he went over us without detecting anything and then headed back to the group and continued on away from us . Terrific fun .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 06:42 PM   #246
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Is this Mod compatible with ddrgns Elite Campaign Mod and his Feared Hunters Mod and Nisgeis' Killer Uboat AI Mods??
Old 07-22-10, 07:26 PM   #247
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Is this Mod compatible with ddrgns Elite Campaign Mod and his Feared Hunters Mod and Nisgeis' Killer Uboat AI Mods??
if they modify any of the ship .aix files, the airplane .aix file, or the init.aix file then no.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 07:37 PM   #248
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Thanks for the quick replies

Just gotta wait for filefront to stop being dumb
Old 07-23-10, 07:41 AM   #249
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

TDW, when you will ask permission to upload ur mods on subsim? You are not just a 1 day moder, your mods are the most wanted stuff here ... so maybe is time to up them on subsim and give all who wanna use ur mods a valid chance to download it without any trouble. Just my 2 cent....
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 08:27 AM   #250
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
TDW, when you will ask permission to upload ur mods on subsim? You are not just a 1 day moder, your mods are the most wanted stuff here ... so maybe is time to up them on subsim and give all who wanna use ur mods a valid chance to download it without any trouble. Just my 2 cent....
I already upload to Subsim. My UIs mod is posted on subsim but currently that's the only one. I should upload the exhaust and flags mod also. I'll do that today. IRAI though is still a WIP.
Old 07-23-10, 11:49 AM   #251
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

TheDrakWraith,

You are doing an impressive work with this mod. Very important to make SH5 truly enjoyable. Thank you !!!

Let me ask about your work on the submarine AI: how is it shaping up? Do you think it will be possible to have AI U-boats that attack effectively a convoy with you, producing something similar to a Wolfpack attack?

I know the interaction between the player and the Wolfpack will be limited to reporting the possition of the convoy, but if you do it and AI U-boats arrive to the location will they be able to attack the ships of the convoy effectively??

Crossing my fingers !!

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 02:42 PM   #252
Slimak81
Watch

Downloads: 40

AI tactics is great but there is a huge problem with DC barrels , their effectivness is ZERO/ I mean damage and accuracy. I sunk 3 destroyers near london , in 2 hours around 12 destroyers came to investigate and they located me in minutes and started bombing .... for 5 hours they bombed and all in vain , i got some little hull and engine damage . I cant escape them and they cant kill me )))))))))))
7 hours bombing ... oxygen is out *
Slimak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 03:00 PM   #253
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimak81 View Post
AI tactics is great but there is a huge problem with DC barrels , their effectivness is ZERO/ I mean damage and accuracy. I sunk 3 destroyers near london , in 2 hours around 12 destroyers came to investigate and they located me in minutes and started bombing .... for 5 hours they bombed and all in vain , i got some little hull and engine damage . I cant escape them and they cant kill me )))))))))))
7 hours bombing ... oxygen is out *
then you have some other mod that has modified some files of IRAI's mod. I know the DC barrells are effective in the mod - I set them up with the hex editor and I've tested them many times in game. There are others that will tell you the same thing - DC barrells will do damage. I've been sunk by DCs also.
Old 07-23-10, 03:08 PM   #254
Slimak81
Watch

Downloads: 40

i cant redownload ur mod as link is broken , but I didnt use any mod that changed DC_barrels .
I tried thousand time to increase damage radius and depth accuracy via goblin editor but no visiual changes ((

in fact i set 3000 min damage and explosion radius to 100 but only once i lost 35 % Hull HP when barrel was exactly placed on my sub all other barrels that were just nearby my sub caused almost zero damage (

Can you post somewhere the sim and zone files with more accurate (1 m depth precision or so ) DC barrels that inflict real heavy damage if even explosion nearby ... please

and next question : why destroyers are bombing me endless if i am at depth 40 m and engines off . They just dont go away )

Last edited by Slimak81; 07-23-10 at 03:24 PM.
Slimak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 03:29 PM   #255
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimak81 View Post
i cant redownload ur mod as link is broken , but I didnt use any mod that changed DC_barrels .
I tried thousand time to increase damage radius and depth accuracy via goblin editor but no visiual changes ((

in fact i set 3000 min damage and explosion radius to 100 but only once i lost 35 % Hull HP when barrel was exactly placed on my sub all other barrels that were just nearby my sub caused almost zero damage (

Can you post somewhere the sim and zone files with more accurate (1 m depth precision or so ) DC barrels that inflict real heavy damage if even explosion nearby ... please

and next question : why destroyers are bombing me endless if i am at depth 40 m and engines off . They just dont go away )
are they pinging you?