Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-23, 11:10 PM   #3916
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Oh come now; She was already calling you that in the boudoire long before ya 'shady bugger!

Ya wasn't supposed to tell anyone that one. Will my rep ever recover ?
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-23, 02:29 PM   #3917
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Moira had an accident with the hair clippers today so she 'put it right' by shaving the rest off. Now I have to walk around looking like Mussolini for a month
Old 01-23-23, 06:20 PM   #3918
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

I just got out of the hospital this AM. Saturday night my wife noted something was wrong while I was sleeping tried to awaken or revive me at 3AM; then called 911. When I came to, I was already in the emergency room about to go into a scanner. I then spent tha day and the night in the local hospital till an EKG could be performed and was finally discharged around 11AM with a 325 mg aspirin, plavix and blood pressure prescription; together whith my usual cholesterol medication... I was in better shape than the two roommates and I've at least driven myself to the pharmacy this PM to pick up my new prescriptions. The neurologist cannot find anything particularly wrong. Probably it was a very mild ischemic stroke.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-23, 06:29 PM   #3919
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm using my travel computer these days not because my gaming computer is broken, no I'm paying my Mom a 5 day visit. arrived this afternoon 23th of Jan.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-23, 06:40 PM   #3920
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
I just got out of the hospital this AM. Saturday night my wife noted something was wrong while I was sleeping tried to awaken or revive me at 3AM; then called 911. When I came to, I was already in the emergency room about to go into a scanner. I then spent tha day and the night in the local hospital till an EKG could be performed and was finally discharged around 11AM with a 325 mg aspirin, plavix and blood pressure prescription; together whith my usual cholesterol medication... I was in better shape than the two roommates and I've at least driven myself to the pharmacy this PM to pick up my new prescriptions. The neurologist cannot find anything particularly wrong. Probably it was a very mild ischemic stroke.
hope you get better and don't let anyone make you mad
Old 01-23-23, 06:43 PM   #3921
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

looks like i'm going be looking for a new job since this outfit I'm working for don't want to pay for two weeks of work
Old 01-23-23, 07:06 PM   #3922
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:

I hope you're on the mend, Vinnie. I hope that they can figure it out. In the meantime, I hope you take it easy.

All the best, Vinnie.
Old 01-23-23, 10:07 PM   #3923
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
hope you get better and don't let anyone make you mad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I hope you're on the mend, Vinnie. I hope that they can figure it out. In the meantime, I hope you take it easy.

All the best, Vinnie.
Thanks fellows; at least al the 'habit changes' the hospital recommends: smoking, alcohol, red meat, etc. I had already instituted long before. Four of my friends, workfellows and peers have suffered this and are doing ok...all in their late sixties or early seventies...which I 'spect is the basic problem... Technically, there are 3 kinds of stroke. Mine is properly a TIA or Transient Ischaemic Attack where the plaque from arteriosclerosis (in the brain) then disappears after the episode. My recently departed(91) mother-in-law had lots of them...and they add up...so it's not to be ignored. All credit goes to my wife who summoned assistance and got me into the hospital in 20 minutes. I had to miss my daughter's 34th Sunday birthday...but I shouldn't eat baked filet mignon now anyway....(damn!)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-24-23 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-24-23, 09:05 AM   #3924
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A TIA was what I suspected whilst reading your first post on the matter.

If I were you I'd take the TIA as an early warning and adjust accordingly but I reckon you already know that.

You take care of yourself Vinnie.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-23, 10:05 AM   #3925
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks fellows; at least al the 'habit changes' the hospital recommends: smoking, alcohol, red meat, etc. I had already instituted long before. Four of my friends, workfellows and peers have suffered this and are doing ok...all in their late sixties or early seventies...which I 'spect is the basic problem... Technically, there are 3 kinds of stroke. Mine is properly a TIA or Transient Ischaemic Attack where the plaque from arteriosclerosis (in the brain) then disappears after the episode. My recently departed(91) mother-in-law had lots of them...and they add up...so it's not to be ignored. All credit goes to my wife who summoned assistance and got me into the hospital in 20 minutes. I had to miss my daughter's 34th Sunday birthday...but I shouldn't eat baked filet mignon now anyway....(damn!)

What Jim said is simple advice but makes a lot of sense. My lady is big on salads, maybe with a slice of pizza. Sometimes, the salad have a little bit of chicken or steak cut up in them. Most of the time, just salad and lots of veggies.

Flavonoids in your diet is also especially important. First, Flavonoids are powerful antioxidant agents. Not only can they rid the body of free radicals but also help in the reduction or elimination of inflammation. Also, the flavonoids found in tea, coffee, and soy may help lower your risk of having a heart attack or stroke.

One study published in the Journal of Translational found that people who consumed higher levels of flavonoids as part of their diet had a lower risk of experiencing a cardiovascular event. This can also translate in cerebral vascular accidents / episodes. Flavonids can be found in not only wine but also other fruit drinks, especially grape juice. Flavonoids in foods has also been shown to naturally reduce blood pressure and also lower the risk of Diabetes. In addition, Flavonoids have been shown to stop the growth of Cancer cells.

Flavanols

These types of flavonoids are known for their antioxidant properties. They may help manage symptoms of cardiovascular disease. Flavanols are found in these foods:
  • onions
  • kale
  • grapes and red wine
  • tea
  • peaches
  • berries
  • tomatoes
  • lettuce
  • scallions
  • broccoli
Flavan-3-ols

Foods with these types of flavonoids are very rich in nutrients. They include:
  • white tea
  • green tea
  • oolong tea
  • black tea
  • apples
  • purple and red grapes
  • blueberries
  • strawberries
  • cocoa and chocolate products

From your previous posts, you seem pretty active with your boating and such. Keep in mind assistance might be further away if you're out on your boat and have another episode like the one you just had.

Maybe take up walking, If you haven't already. I need to do more of that too instead of the saddle time spent on a motorcycle. I like being out with a stick and hockey puck on the ice in the winter. These days though, I can be timed with a sundial instead of a watch. You and your wife can celebrate your daughter's birthday with her another time. I'm certain your wife and daughter are just happy that you're okay.

We have an exercise program at work. Sometimes the people at work engage in jumping to conclusions or running down the boss. I'm not sure if that qualifies as exercise but it does get the blood pumping if not boiling.

Take it easy and let us all know how you're doing in your recovery.

https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...o-know#sources

All the best, Vinnie.
Old 01-24-23, 10:20 AM   #3926
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Just saw this. I hope that you are on the mend Vinnie. Take care of yourself old boy.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-23, 01:24 PM   #3927
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

...thanks again y'all for the concern! One point: don't ever wear a good night$hirt! The EMT standing, in your bed in his EMT boots, snips that off you to place the heartmonitor sensors on the abdomen; and then uses the queensize bottom-sheet to hoist U onto the gurney... all of which I have no memory of 'till I was in the ER with my head in the scanner!!? My wife says I spoke to the ambulance personnel going out the door, but I've absolutely no recollection whatsoever of it till I came to in a cut-up nightshirt atop a fitted bedsheet-which my bride promptly reclaimed...priorities I tells ya. I certainly enjoyed sleeping in my own bed with renewed appreciation last night... and the cat, age 14, was glad to see me too; demanding love and attention. The EMTs were pros; with no traffic at that hour, no sirens or lights were necessary...so no nosey neighbors were disturbed on my miserable account! My wife read all the G-mail'd test results to me this AM; aside from somewhat elevated glucose, I'm well within parameters on all issues and the EKG, yesterday, matched the one from 3 years ago following a light cardio-event(mild infarction?) out on the boat in the middle of the Bay.

Old 01-25-23, 01:27 PM   #3928
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

YIPES! https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpos...5&postcount=26

Old 01-25-23, 01:35 PM   #3929
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Crikey, mate You don't say whether you're on blood-thinning meds such as Apixaban - surely they must put you on these?
Old 01-25-23, 04:16 PM   #3930
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

I did in the first post below your haircut pic; 'plavix' is a blood thinner as is the 325 mg aspirin. I was already on a blood pressure and statin for cholesterol medication. Went for a mile walk yesterday and will do another today. Get Moira to get a front photo of U with the dome-look so U can use yourself for '0' points in Whac-A-Squirrel!