SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-13, 08:45 AM   #1
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0
Default New Build

Thinking about putting together a new PC.

I want core i7. I'm willing to drop the cash. I've always had middling machines, and I want a beast this time.

I'm digging through the i7 lists on newegg, and seeing different sockets. Some have graphics. I'm a little rusty on my builds, having not done one in a few years, explain the differences between i7 features please?

Comments on mobo's and power supplies wanted too.

And I'm going to go with a Nvidea Mobo and Gfx Card, as I've had good experiences with that combination in the past. Convince me otherwise if you see an issue. Recommendations on best bang/buck in Vcards? Leaning more towards bang. And I need multi screen support, so if I only get one vcard, it must have multiple ports.

Rounding it out, I'm thinking 8gb+ RAM, Win 7 64, C drive being >100gb SSD, 3tb+ D drive Raid 5, C drive may be Raid 0 Array for more speed, but only if theres enough SATA ports. Rest of the machine will be rounded out to my personal likes, as I have some hardware pieces that I always use. Going into a semi-full tower.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote