SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-11-20, 03:38 PM   #1801
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Well, I'll just restart my SH4 career in the same boat I was in.

Thanks for the help.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 04:25 PM   #1802
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Well, I'll just restart my SH4 career in the same boat I was in.

Thanks for the help.
and what did you learn by this experience?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 05:20 PM   #1803
FotRSU Mod Team
Team Leader

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 3

See Page One Post One of this thread for

Version 1.21pv02 of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition

of the mod, which incorporates the patch and latest files into the v1.21 of the mod. There is also a link to an updated patch for those still using the v1.21 of the mod. These should still be mostly backwards compatible...

The next version of the mod will not be backward compatible due to flotilla & start changes for the subs - but this will take a while. Let us know asap of any other issues - like are there upside-down flags? Ships light in their skirts? Too much traffic? Not enough duds? Need stronger AI response? "We want more airplanes with more bombs!!!" - that kinda thang... ???
Old 09-11-20, 05:39 PM   #1804
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default ERROR: NO PRIMARY OBJECTIVE FOUND

Starting 3rd patrol out of Perth/Fremantle in USS Tautog (SS-199), Tambor Class with a departure date of Aug 1, 1942. Got the titled message. Have not yet downloaded the newest version v1.2p02, but I hadn't seen anything about this particular error.

Any suggestions?

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 08:10 PM   #1805
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
and what did you learn by this experience?

To follow the advice of the experts here, and not to follow every suggestion given to you.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 09:51 PM   #1806
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Starting 3rd patrol out of Perth/Fremantle in USS Tautog (SS-199), Tambor Class with a departure date of Aug 1, 1942. Got the titled message. Have not yet downloaded the newest version v1.2p02, but I hadn't seen anything about this particular error.

Any suggestions?
I haven't seen that either yet. I do not like those. Have you got the mod listing from JSGME, and can you link me a copy of your Save folder, or at the least, the latest dated, highest numbered Save folder inside your Save folder?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 10:39 PM   #1807
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
To follow the advice of the experts here, and not to follow every suggestion given to you.

i was thinking more specifically: never change mod-releases in the middle of a career.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 02:35 AM   #1808
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59
Default Super slow turning

Just got going in this mod, got me to revisit SHIV after a few years. I've noticed that, for the live of me, in my Gar boat, when I turn at all my speed reduces to 4 knots or less unless at full or flank. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance!
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 07:14 AM   #1809
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I haven't seen that either yet. I do not like those. Have you got the mod listing from JSGME, and can you link me a copy of your Save folder, or at the least, the latest dated, highest numbered Save folder inside your Save folder?
Mod List:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21p_EN
399_NoScrollNavMap
449_FOTRSU Umark Removal
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
901_strategic_map_symbols

I don't have a clue as to how to upload any of my save files or their components.

All I can say is that I started a career in a Sargo (Spearfish) out of Manila on 12/8/41, ended the first patrol at Surabaya, ended the 2nd patrol at Perth/Fremantle, did one more out of there, and then was offered the Tambor (Taurtog). Completed one patrol from Perth/Fremantle (same objective as the 2nd patrol, the one from Surabaya - land a team on the far side of Luzon). I did think it unusual to have the exact same mission for the 2nd and 4th patrols from 2 different bases and 2 different boats. Otherwise all seemed normal. It was while attempting to start the 5th patrol (2nd in the Tambor boat) that I ran into the Objective Missing error.

If you have a suggestion for getting you my save file(s) I'll be happy to do that.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 08:40 AM   #1810
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramike View Post
Just got going in this mod, got me to revisit SHIV after a few years. I've noticed that, for the live of me, in my Gar boat, when I turn at all my speed reduces to 4 knots or less unless at full or flank. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance!
You will scrub off a few knots when turning, which can affect your "turn-ability" quite a bit when submerged, but generally speaking, only a couple-three knots if at Ahead Standard and doing a 90... but I'm talking while on the surface, from say 10 knots to 6-7 knots at the most. Submerged, you might go from 6 to 4 knots while turning... Had you cleaned the Save folder and started with a known-good SH4 install? I would think, since you say "got me to revisit SHIV" that you probably did... Can you get your mod list from JSGME, or is the base "100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition..." the only run you are using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Mod List:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21p_EN
399_NoScrollNavMap
449_FOTRSU Umark Removal
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
901_strategic_map_symbols

I don't have a clue as to how to upload any of my save files or their components.

All I can say is that I started a career in a Sargo (Spearfish) out of Manila on 12/8/41, ended the first patrol at Surabaya, ended the 2nd patrol at Perth/Fremantle, did one more out of there, and then was offered the Tambor (Taurtog). Completed one patrol from Perth/Fremantle (same objective as the 2nd patrol, the one from Surabaya - land a team on the far side of Luzon). I did think it unusual to have the exact same mission for the 2nd and 4th patrols from 2 different bases and 2 different boats. Otherwise all seemed normal. It was while attempting to start the 5th patrol (2nd in the Tambor boat) that I ran into the Objective Missing error.

If you have a suggestion for getting you my save file(s) I'll be happy to do that.
email sent, "assembly" needed on that... lol - in the meantime, my understanding of the game was that if you did a given mission in one boat, that was it - the game kept track of the missions assigned, and you did not get the same one again - unless there was something amiss in that first one... - let me look for that insertion on Luzon. There are a couple of missions that are very similar, with the only differences being the "artwork" of the circle, the wording of the orders, and maybe the zone being moved a bit, so it might be that for the similarity in assignment, though why the game went back to that "pool" again so soon is "different"...

Edit: I may have found it! "Insertion Commando Philippines 04.mis" does not have a drop zone... let me "dress" that up proper, and send you a "fix" that you can drop in, and attempt that same mission then... Please Standby... lol

Edit 2: This is for everyone, but give this a shot torpedobait: PalawanFix.7z, which is the mis and tsr file for Insertion Commando Philippines 04. Added a drop zone, and linked an Objective to that, and presto-change-oh, it works. In theory, you should be able to drop this into your game, then click on the map for your assignment again, and this time, it should find the Objective... in theory. We'll incorporate this into the Patch file, which will now be "03" - at this rate, we'll hit that "99" count s7rikeback and myself were joking about last night, within a 2 week time frame...

Edit 3: Here is the all-inclusive Patch 03 with the above in it: Version121Patch03.7z, along with the Shinano, flags, etc. fixes...

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-12-20 at 09:37 AM. Reason: PalawanFix & Version121Patch03.7z
Old 09-12-20, 10:54 AM   #1811
propbeanie

I should clarify the above, I suppose... seemed fine when I posted, but now that I have re-read the above...

Edit #2 above would be for those of you with "100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21pv02_ EN" of the mod.

Edit #3 above is for those of you with "100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21_ EN" of the mod.

As mentioned, the "PalawanFix.7z" in Edit #2 is just that mis & tsr file - only - while Edit #3 has the whole patch, including the PalawanFix...

It does no harm if you use the full patch on the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21pv02_ EN" version of the mod, it just overwrites what is already there...

Old 09-12-20, 01:14 PM   #1812
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59

Thanks for the response propbeanie. Its a fresh install and FOTRS is the only mod. As I hadn't played in years, I wanted to familiarize myself on the controls again so I manually took the boat out of Pearl. Ahead 1/3, right 15 degrees rudder barely made steerageway (2knts tops?) I don't remember any of the boats being that slow surfaced.

Any thoughts?
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 05:31 PM   #1813
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Mr beanie, all this patch business is going to send me round the bend, I have installed the 100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21_EN version, does this mean I can uninstall the Version121Patch and use this new patch which is Version121Patch03 instead, please say yes or I could end up throwing myself on the floor and screaming like a madman.
Old 09-12-20, 10:13 PM   #1814
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

You guys may not have done much to the S boats in the last couple releases, but 1.21p worked much better for me than 1.21. Today I completed a few patrols in an S boat without one single CTD, including a few times I loaded an earlier save.

Game is now much more stable IMO. Yes, I started over with a totally fresh install, as recommended, but I've done that before and yet still had to work around multiple CTD (most often when loading a recent save). Sometimes having to almost start a patrol over completely.

I've now upgraded to a Salmon so I can give the what-for to the Japanese task forces I keep stumbling across. Sticking with Asiatic command for now, though the long trip from Fremantle is a drag.

Btw is it just me or do task forces sometimes spawn out of nowhere? I've run into TFs leaving a bay I was patrolling the previous few days. Numerous destroyers and even a couple battleships appeared out of nowhere. That is, there's no port for them to originate from within the bay, and I would have run into them earlier had they already been there before my patrol. Basically they seem to appear out of thin air.
Old 09-12-20, 11:41 PM   #1815
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramike View Post
Thanks for the response propbeanie. Its a fresh install and FOTRS is the only mod. As I hadn't played in years, I wanted to familiarize myself on the controls again so I manually took the boat out of Pearl. Ahead 1/3, right 15 degrees rudder barely made steerageway (2knts tops?) I don't remember any of the boats being that slow surfaced.

Any thoughts?
Well, the Gar is the Tambor, and they are both identical in cfg files, and both only do like 2 knots at Ahead One Third... six to seven at Ahead Two Thirds, 9 maybe 10 with a tail wind at Ahead Standard. The boat needs to be re-visited in that regard. It won't be soon though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Mr beanie, all this patch business is going to send me round the bend, I have installed the 100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21_EN version, does this mean I can uninstall the Version121Patch and use this new patch which is Version121Patch03 instead, please say yes or I could end up throwing myself on the floor and screaming like a madman.
If you have v1.21, you can either put the PalawanFix on top of what you have with the 02 Patch, or back the 02 patch off, and put the 03 patch on... The PalawanFix makes the 02 Patch into the 03 Patch... is my head spinning yet?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
You guys may not have done much to the S boats in the last couple releases, but 1.21p worked much better for me than 1.21. Today I completed a few patrols in an S boat without one single CTD, including a few times I loaded an earlier save.

Game is now much more stable IMO. Yes, I started over with a totally fresh install, as recommended, but I've done that before and yet still had to work around multiple CTD (most often when loading a recent save). Sometimes having to almost start a patrol over completely.

I've now upgraded to a Salmon so I can give the what-for to the Japanese task forces I keep stumbling across. Sticking with Asiatic command for now, though the long trip from Fremantle is a drag.

Btw is it just me or do task forces sometimes spawn out of nowhere? I've run into TFs leaving a bay I was patrolling the previous few days. Numerous destroyers and even a couple battleships appeared out of nowhere. That is, there's no port for them to originate from within the bay, and I would have run into them earlier had they already been there before my patrol. Basically they seem to appear out of thin air.
You have to be careful when loading Saves from previous versions, though a Save in v1.2 should work fine in v1.21, and v1.21P, etc. Very few groups spawn out in the middle of nowhere. There are a few, like a whaling group will spawn off of South America and come west, or a BB group will spawn just outside Iron Bottom Sound for the heavy shelling of Guadalcanal, but for the most part, especially the Task Forces, but also most convoys and merchants start inside of a bay. Now, another thing to keep in mind, is if you are within roughly 30nm of where a groups is supposed to spawn, they will not spawn until your submarine is beyond the "range" for them to spawn.