Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-22, 08:25 PM   #1
OPFOR-06_Actual
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Comms Check... Over...

I started playing 'Red Storm Rising' (I believe) on my Commodore 64 a very long time ago.
The game captured my interest so much that I had to read the Tom Clancy novel of the same name in paperback. Loved it!
I saw 'Cold Waters' being played by a couple content providers (Jive Turkey for one) and I decided to get the game on Steam a few years ago.
Haven't had much time to invest in playing over the years, but I like the Dot Mod I've been seeing, so I came here to find the mod & download it for inclusion later.

I'm a retired US Army vet (1977-1991), a genuine 'Cold Warrior'. I was a 'Young & Stupid' paratrooper stationed at Caserma Ederle, Vicenza, Italy, when the Iranians took the hostages back in the bad old days of Jimmy Carter.
I then PCS'd to CONUS (82d ABN) & eventually went to Mother Rucker. Flew the TH-55, UH-1H, and went to the AH-1S Cobra Qual Course (1982). Never got any combat time: Grenada & Panama happened while I was on flight status, but my unit was never tasked for those opns.

I'm now retired with a house to build in Florida. Leavenworth, KS was too cold!
I'll share my post-Army work experience at a later time, but suffice it to say that I worked as a Military Trainer for the USAF (AWSIM) & US Army (WARSIM) for over 20-years. I know a good wargame when I see one, and Cold Waters *IS* a very good wargame, imho. Played World of Tanks for a few years, but that's a fancy arcade game at best.

ooh-RAH!

OPFOR - OUT!
OPFOR-06_Actual is offline   Reply With Quote