SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-22, 10:48 AM   #406
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815
Uploads: 0

Hello everyone
I don't understand here... I think I was clear I show what I see in my games. The screens are pretty self-explanatory I think.
now I haven't checked in the basic TmO 2.5 to see if there are the same problems.. I can't check all of them...
another thing that I noticed... some time ago I had assembled RFB 2.0 by the way, it's great..!! for the time I do not understand that such a project was not pursued... the smoking problems are identical to yours so I conclude that you took pieces of RfB and TmO to build yours... however it there were already errors it seems to me in these ... so the errors were reflected in yours ...
now I don't need an explanation for the radar besides there is a manual for that "in game" what I want is to stop seeing all these graphic bugs... I'm not familiar with all these mods I master more silent hunter3.. I was a bit fed up with this one... so I'm going to devote myself more to the American navy that I really don't know...
Now I understand very well the effort you are making here and I know that you can't all do... besides yours is on the right track and I think that will be part of the best here... especially the navigation which is very good.. whatever the fuel consumption.. the weather.. battery charging.. better than Fotrs (I think Beanie & s7rikeback will cut me out...!! lol )
but what I want is to no longer see bugs of this kind whether on the antenna cables or whatever because it really does stain the mod
we are already bored enough with the graphic bugs of the basic games..
if only Nvidia released official drivers to fix these problems with through lights and such... because there is really a problem with anisotropy, anti-aliasing etc... it would really help modders with their creations...
I don't understand some here.. those who support Ubisoft who don't give a damn about you for years have not assumed their after-sales service the DMCA it works both ways so it seems to me to stop stamping their logo on the bars loading I do not support people who take me for an idiot..
if you allow me the expression...
Hi my friend Mad Mardigan who supports your work here...
A lot of people download your mod and nobody sees these things... I find it strange...
or no one says anything .. it's ommerta or what?
or maybe my computer is not like the others...
FYI, I don't use the steam version, it's the disk version.

a relic almost impossible to find today or at prices that are too expensive.... Mine is in perfect condition, new impeccable disc..

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 01-15-22 at 11:20 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 11:26 PM   #407
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hello everyone
I don't understand here... I think I was clear I show what I see in my games. The screens are pretty self-explanatory I think.
now I haven't checked in the basic TmO 2.5 to see if there are the same problems.. I can't check all of them...
another thing that I noticed... some time ago I had assembled RFB 2.0 by the way, it's great..!! for the time I do not understand that such a project was not pursued... the smoking problems are identical to yours so I conclude that you took pieces of RfB and TmO to build yours... however it there were already errors it seems to me in these ... so the errors were reflected in yours ...
now I don't need an explanation for the radar besides there is a manual for that "in game" what I want is to stop seeing all these graphic bugs... I'm not familiar with all these mods I master more silent hunter3.. I was a bit fed up with this one... so I'm going to devote myself more to the American navy that I really don't know...
Now I understand very well the effort you are making here and I know that you can't all do... besides yours is on the right track and I think that will be part of the best here... especially the navigation which is very good.. whatever the fuel consumption.. the weather.. battery charging.. better than Fotrs (I think Beanie & s7rikeback will cut me out...!! lol )
but what I want is to no longer see bugs of this kind whether on the antenna cables or whatever because it really does stain the mod
we are already bored enough with the graphic bugs of the basic games..
if only Nvidia released official drivers to fix these problems with through lights and such... because there is really a problem with anisotropy, anti-aliasing etc... it would really help modders with their creations...
I don't understand some here.. those who support Ubisoft who don't give a damn about you for years have not assumed their after-sales service the DMCA it works both ways so it seems to me to stop stamping their logo on the bars loading I do not support people who take me for an idiot..
if you allow me the expression...
Hi my friend Mad Mardigan who supports your work here...
A lot of people download your mod and nobody sees these things... I find it strange...
or no one says anything .. it's ommerta or what?
or maybe my computer is not like the others...
FYI, I don't use the steam version, it's the disk version.

a relic almost impossible to find today or at prices that are too expensive.... Mine is in perfect condition, new impeccable disc..
As previously explained, I made no updates to the graphics etc, these, if present, are "native" to TMO or are a end user issue. If not aware, I did not create TMO, I merely picked up updating the mod since the creator is no longer active in the community. I am not having the same issues you report. The screenshots, to me, appeared you were pointing out tubes on the radar cabinet etc. Things can get lost in translation sometimes.

Yes, Ducimus was able to get the subs to historically accurate(mostly) fuel consumption and speeds, which is one of my favorite aspects of TMO. No trolling around the pacific at what is essentially harbor speed. The fuel in TMO takes into account the modification of the ballast tanks to carry fuel, which US subs would use for the transit to area, then once fuel consumed, typically about time arrived in patrol area, would convert tank back to ballast. Originally, this was a "special ability" but he did away with this and made it standard.

I have hoped it will be incorporated into FOTRS as well, it may be at some point (not sure) , but I understand why if not, its a lot of time consuming work and testing to implement this, and the numbers for the engine power etc that work in TMO may not work same in FOTRS, can have unintended consequences on other aspects of the sim. More than I would be willing to do at this point when have many things in mod can accomplish.

I've experimented with making the subs handle a bit more realistically, a long the lines of RFB but ran into some issues, quite time consuming, so its been put on backburner for now while I finish up things for the upcoming release.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 12:46 AM   #408
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

FotRSU player submarines have completely different settings for almost all sim file settings, and therefore the fuel consumption is quite different. We have worked on that several times, and are only successful in changing battery charge and drain times, besides the fact that the "Range at current speed" uses bad math and is basically useless, which might be why the devs did not have it enabled in the Stock game...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 01:03 AM   #409
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
FotRSU player submarines have completely different settings for almost all sim file settings, and therefore the fuel consumption is quite different. We have worked on that several times, and are only successful in changing battery charge and drain times, besides the fact that the "Range at current speed" uses bad math and is basically useless, which might be why the devs did not have it enabled in the Stock game...
The range/speed/ETA estimates appear pretty accurate in TMO, never had issues. I would not want it to be exact, as tech of time did not provide for exact, there was always human error to some degree in the calculations.
Old 01-16-22, 10:55 AM   #410
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Hello friends
Yesterday... I had installed RFB 2.0 on my laptop since this summer...!!
I replayed it despite my rotten smoke problem...
this RFB and RSRD mod is a must.. (I like the version with the old artworks on the download pages, it looks authentic..)
_the fuel consumption I find it top..
_recharging the batteries as well as the consumption in immersion
_the weather which brings here a real experience... (but I have to go further to see some thing..)
_the navigation of buildings which in stormy weather really brings sensations...
_the wake of the submarine is magnificent, it is clearly superior to the others..
_The HuD which is more complete at least I find that it is to my taste....
ok tonight I will continue...
in the recognition manual the same error is present...
Bubblehead1980
Why does this team no longer exist?
I'm happy to see that Comrade Luckner is present I really like what he does research etc... with a talent like that it will progress I'm sure...
Besides, I have installed his mods and will see but it will not be obvious since he is Russified...
Bubblehead1980
I will continue and let you know what I would like to see in yours...see you soon..
Old 01-16-22, 11:29 AM   #411
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
The range/speed/ETA estimates appear pretty accurate in TMO, never had issues. I would not want it to be exact, as tech of time did not provide for exact, there was always human error to some degree in the calculations.
yes Bubblehead1980 is right... even if I'm not familiar with these mods... I'm just getting started... I'm learning...
but for having tried a little...!! all 3 (Fotrs;TmO;RFB)
the best feeling is to enter games for RfB then TmO then Fotrs...
your mods, my dear Beanie, are too rigid... the consumption is not there.. it's too low.. but hey, I had already broached the subject with you.. the navigation is not there either. .. No feeling...
besides I hope that Vickers will adapt all these fabulous mods to TMO revisited by Bubblehead which in my opinion deserves it more...
now... whoever loves the arcade... take Fotrs..
the one who wants "TMO" RFB sensations...the challenge...the Bubblehead1980 one who will be very good, I'm sure....
That we agree.. I do not criticize the work of the fotrs team..
but it's about my tastes as I said a beautiful clean graphics... a great gameplay... sensations close to the simulation... what happiness what... (which has trouble happening what. ..let's be patient...)

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 01-16-22 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-16-22, 11:32 AM   #412
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Yes, FotRSU is for the person that does not desire to get seasick while operating their submarine... lol - the original plan was for a mod to alter handling characteristics, but since the geometry of the boat is so different, most other settings used in other mods do not take very easily, so it will be a bit of a process to accomplish.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 11:39 PM   #413
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Yes, FotRSU is for the person that does not desire to get seasick while operating their submarine... lol - the original plan was for a mod to alter handling characteristics, but since the geometry of the boat is so different, most other settings used in other mods do not take very easily, so it will be a bit of a process to accomplish.

The main task in fashion, if it affects campaigning, is the historical correspondence of the described time, events, technical characteristics of the units used, etc. The complexity of the game should be controlled only by the settings in the menu. In fashion FotRSU everything is just great, except for campaigning and those questions that rest on historical compliance, for example, paired Bofors is a clear overhaul, ST radar did not give a circular view, but only a directional signal in the chosen direction. But if you focus on the historical correspondence of fashion can become an ideal mega fashion.
--------------------------------------------------
Главная задача в моде, если он затрагивает кампаинг - это историческое соответствие описываемому времени, событиям, техническим характеристикам используемых юнитов и т.д. Сложность игры должна регулироваться лишь настройками в меню. В моде FotRSU все просто великолепно, кроме кампаинга и тех вопросов которые упираются в историческое соответствие, например спаренный Бофорс это явный перебор, ST радар не давал кругового обзора, а только направленный сигнал в выбранном направлении. Но если сделать акцент на историческое соответствие мод может стать идеальным мега модом.
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 01:33 PM   #414
Xboxman523
Watch

Downloads: 136

Could someone let me know what's between the japanese destroyer mutsuki and kamikaze classes in the recognition manual? After doing tests with FOTRS, I've determined my CTD issues can't be computer related. It has to be the mod, which I don't mean as disrespect of course.
Xboxman523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 04:55 PM   #415
EddieLyons
Watch

Downloads: 72
Default Pre-Pearl Harbor career start

I've just installed the recommended setup for TMO-BHU. Can I ask, is the Pre Pearl Harbor career start compatible with it? Will it cause any problems if I add this option from the original TMO 2.5?
EddieLyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 05:05 PM   #416
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieLyons View Post
I've just installed the recommended setup for TMO-BHU. Can I ask, is the Pre Pearl Harbor career start compatible with it? Will it cause any problems if I add this option from the original TMO 2.5?

If, you can be patient... & hold off for a bit, an just roll with the 1st run of TMOverhauled, there is coming an update/upgrade that will have a pre-Pearl career start, worked into it.

Not completely sure, but if not mistaken, the updated version... may also, include... SubRon 50, as well.

M. M.
Old 01-17-22, 05:16 PM   #417
EddieLyons
Watch

Downloads: 72
Default Pre-Pearl Harbor career start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

If, you can be patient... & hold off for a bit, an just roll with the 1st run of TMOverhauled, there is coming an update/upgrade that will have a pre-Pearl career start, worked into it.

Not completely sure, but if not mistaken, the updated version... may also, include... SubRon 50, as well.

M. M.

Perfect! Thank you very much!

I'm much impressed with the details in the ReadMe files, so I'll look forward to embarking on a new career in this overhaul of the overhaul!
EddieLyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 10:51 PM   #418
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieLyons View Post
The current Pre-Pearl Harbor start mod is not compatible with the TMO Update. However, Mad Mardigan is correct, the next TMO Update will include a pre-pearl harbor start in June 1941. This will provide some peace time operations amid escalating tensions with Japan through summer and fall of 1941. The possibility of hostile encounters is there, one ijn ship my depth charge you if detecting or open fire with deck guns, while another may ignore you and sail on unless you conduct hostile action.
Old 01-17-22, 10:54 PM   #419
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

M. M.

I do plan to include Subron 50. in next release. I am about 75 percent finished with the Subron 50 campaign. I need to add the Operation Torch and orders to support the op as Subron 50 boats did, and get career start from New London added, as well as port facilities for New London (still figuring that out)
Old 01-17-22, 11:06 PM   #420
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I do plan to include Subron 50. in next release. I am about 75 percent finished with the Subron 50 campaign. I need to add the Operation Torch and orders to support the op as Subron 50 boats did, and get career start from New London added, as well as port facilities for New London (still figuring that out)

No sweat... thought I had recalled it being mentioned of 50, being looked at being included... in an update... just was not sure if that'd be with the upcoming one, or in one, after the upcoming update...

Very much looking forward to the upcoming update... & can wait for the addition of SubRon 50, if that is in a follow up update. No rush.

M. M.