SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-08-22, 07:26 PM   #361
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxman523 View Post
Thanks, I'd hate for that to be reason I can't play your mod. I've only been doing tutorials so far, I want to try it out for real! I'll have to try that out later.
My mod will work with steam version of SH 4, as plenty of subsimmers do use it, just noticed that in general people who use steam version run into more issues with mods.

Would definitely do a fresh install, outside of the (x86) drive and make sure have the 4gb patch (believe I included it in the download, can't remember) and should have no problems. If continue to do so, do not give up, those who use steam version can provide assistance.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 07:38 PM   #362
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Thanks, I'd hate for that to be reason I can't play your mod. I've only been doing tutorials so far, I want to try it out for real! I'll have to try that out later.
Ahoy, Xboxman...

Ok, with your computer set up... how you fixed with regards to hard drives...

Are you rolling with just 1 internally... 2, internally... (or 1 internal 1 external...) that info will be of much importance, to know?

M. M.
Old 01-08-22, 07:50 PM   #363
Xboxman523
Watch

Downloads: 136

I will start off by saying I'm not the best when it comes to computers so I hope I answer you right.

I have a windows C drive and a Lenovo D drive.

I've tried copying the game files to another location but it doesn't let me run it cause it needs the steam stuff.
Xboxman523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 07:58 PM   #364
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
I will start off by saying I'm not the best when it comes to computers so I hope I answer you right.

I have a windows C drive and a Lenovo D drive.

I've tried copying the game files to another location but it doesn't let me run it.
Ok, C is internal... with D drive... is that a hard drive, an external outside the computer, hard drive or a cd/dvd disc drive.????

If it is just like C, or an external hard drive, then... we're in business.

M. M.
Old 01-08-22, 08:06 PM   #365
Xboxman523
Watch

I don't have any addons to my laptop so I'm gonna guess its internal. From googling it sounds like its where my computer's maker, Lenovo, puts some of their stuff.
Old 01-08-22, 08:29 PM   #366
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

You got discord, by chance... if so, then My handle in the subsim group there.. is the same as it is here.

& sent ya a message here.

M. M.
Old 01-08-22, 08:53 PM   #367
Xboxman523
Watch

Yeah I got me a discord, your team viewer idea might work.
Old 01-08-22, 09:19 PM   #368
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Yeah I got me a discord, your team viewer idea might work.
Got your reply & that is an app tool that allows both to work together... which is why I recommended it.

Mad Mardigan#3850

That's My Id for discord.

M. M.
Old 01-09-22, 10:17 AM   #369
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743
Default Download mod.

Is it possible to download fashion from other file exchangers? I really want to get acquainted with the new work of Trigger Maru Overhauled Update BH.
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 07:27 PM   #370
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKNER View Post
Is it possible to download fashion from other file exchangers? I really want to get acquainted with the new work of Trigger Maru Overhauled Update BH.

TMO BH is available only here at subsim currently . Are you having trouble downloading it?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 07:29 PM   #371
Xboxman523
Watch

I have been fortunate enough to come across a non-steam version of silent hunter 4. I installed it under C:\Games\Silent Hunter 4. However, I am still experiencing a ctd when clicking onto this unknown japanese warship. This does not happen for any of the other ships or countries.

Its between the kamikaze class and mutsuki class destroyers. So perhaps I could just delete this ship from my install?
Obviously this is a small issue in the sense its just so far has happened when clicking to see this ship, but I fear if I were to encounter this ship ingame it could cause a crash as well.
Old 01-10-22, 08:00 PM   #372
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
I have been fortunate enough to come across a non-steam version of silent hunter 4. I installed it under C:\Games\Silent Hunter 4. However, I am still experiencing a ctd when clicking onto this unknown japanese warship. This does not happen for any of the other ships or countries.

Its between the kamikaze class and mutsuki class destroyers. So perhaps I could just delete this ship from my install?
Obviously this is a small issue in the sense its just so far has happened when clicking to see this ship, but I fear if I were to encounter this ship ingame it could cause a crash as well.
Did you, after getting the install done... run a 4GB patch kit on SH4's .exe or barring that being used... use Large Address Aware... ???

Is odd, that you are having a CTD when running through the Rec Manual.

Either that, or instead... are you running into a CTD, with being in the Museum then not backing out of the game/sim, entirely before going for starting up a nav map trainer...

Seem to recall that going into the Museum then starting a training mission or just flat out, starting off on a career, after a visit to the museum... could cause that to occur.

1 last thing... when you nuke vaporized the previous install... did you also... remember, to nuke the games save folder for the initial install... & not, reusing it when you reinstalled SH4 then the mod set...

This can also cause a wealth (& not a good wealth, at that... ) of issues in & of itself, as well.

M. M.
Old 01-10-22, 08:16 PM   #373
Xboxman523
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Did you, after getting the install done... run a 4GB patch kit on SH4's .exe or barring that being used... use Large Address Aware... ???

Is odd, that you are having a CTD when running through the Rec Manual.

Either that, or instead... are you running into a CTD, with being in the Museum then not backing out of the game/sim, entirely before going for starting up a nav map trainer...

Seem to recall that going into the Museum then starting a training mission or just flat out, starting off on a career, after a visit to the museum... could cause that to occur.

1 last thing... when you nuke vaporized the previous install... did you also... remember, to nuke the games save folder for the initial install... & not, reusing it when you reinstalled SH4 then the mod set...

This can also cause a wealth (& not a good wealth, at that... ) of issues in & of itself, as well.

M. M.

Yes the 4gb patch has been applied. And I've tested going straight into the game not the museum first. I've also tested the museum and that doesn't work either. And yes I did remove the documents folder before installing the non steam version.

Can someone please tell what ship is between the japanese destroyers mutsuki and kamikaze?
Old 01-11-22, 12:19 AM   #374
StickMasterSteven
Watch

Downloads: 169

Not sure what y'alls experiences have been like but I really enjoy the mod...

...if I wouldn't keep getting CTD's every now and then. I got a mission about photo recon in a Korean port and every time I cross into the 'Abuse' area of the map my game consistently crashes. I've had CTD's before but got around them but this is the only consistent one I've come across. If anyone has any advice I'll gladly listen.

I've run LAA and set that up properly but I can't really think of anything else that would cause this.

edit: Ok I've gotten it to work by taking it easy on the TC and taking a slightly different route. Now I'm having trouble completing the photo recon objective. There's a pair of Jap flattops moored and I locked them up on the scope and snapped pictures of both of them but the objective is still not completing.

Last edited by StickMasterSteven; 01-11-22 at 12:58 AM.
StickMasterSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 01:25 AM   #375
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMasterSteven View Post
Not sure what y'alls experiences have been like but I really enjoy the mod...

...if I wouldn't keep getting CTD's every now and then. I got a mission about photo recon in a Korean port and every time I cross into the 'Abuse' area of the map my game consistently crashes. I've had CTD's before but got around them but this is the only consistent one I've come across. If anyone has any advice I'll gladly listen.

I've run LAA and set that up properly but I can't really think of anything else that would cause this.

edit: Ok I've gotten it to work by taking it easy on the TC and taking a slightly different route. Now I'm having trouble completing the photo recon objective. There's a pair of Jap flattops moored and I locked them up on the scope and snapped pictures of both of them but the objective is still not completing.
Ok, what with the mission objective... what, is the exact wording of it... does it mention to just snap photog's... or does it state specifically, a certain class or type of ship/s to take photog's of...???

In the port, you're supposed to visit & snap the photog's in... is there, other ships there.... other than just the IJN flat tops that you noted in your post.???

Is possible that with photographing... that you haven't snapped enough f them, to hit that completion bell for the objective & snapping pics of everything you can lock on to... might be called for.

With the accrued points to finish the obj., unknown... (the points awarded for each successful photog taken, that is...) could be you need more than just the photo's you got on the flat tops, it sounds like. May need to keep snapping pics, until you get that all complete message via the message clipboard.

For Bubblehead1980 to be able to allow for a more... definitive answer on that, would need to know just what port it is that you got drawn to go to, what the date is, that those orders were received. Add to that, what base are you operating out of as well as what sub you're commanding.

That info will prove useful for them to, then review them & give you a more... clearer, defined answer to that.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-11-22 at 02:35 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote