SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-01-22, 09:37 PM   #4156
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
We have been looking for broken animation links since the beginning of FotRSU. More of the crew now move their mouths than before. The one fellow only nods his head still, for the most part. Also, sometimes you might expect a given character, such as the Chief of the Boat to answer, but since there are only nine voices in the game, and 12 characters, plus there is no way to "place" the sound, you might see the Chief nod his head, but if you are up in the conning tower, you would see the JG moving his lips and is the one "speaking". Same with being on the bridge, and the Officer of the Deck does some of the "calls". All of that depends upon the boat, the crew, the ranks, the location, the circumstances, like Battle Stations, etc., and all make a difference.

I would be curious to see Kal's trouble with the Cachalot's flag. As to the non-FotRSU mods, there are several reasons NOT to use ANY, with the main one being there is no way to determine what is wrong with your activations. If you look in that Splash Effect mod, it changes the Materials.dat file - NOT GOOD. If you look in the Smaller Seabed Rocks mod, it changes the Undersea.dat - NOT GOOD either. Both files are different than the FotRSU versions of those files, and changing them will break links to other aspects of the game. The Particles.dat file is very important in the game. Some of the other mods you are using are just texture files, but those two are definitely not.
The sub, that I noted with the "chief" I'd gather... while in the control room view... that I'd see move, right after giving the order to dive... that I'd assume, was giving the confirm audio wise... & having that visual confirm, in the "command's box"... just not their facial that is... was the... Porpoise, the boat, used in the.. nav map trainer.

With the others I've done careers with, iirc, that guy aka crew member of the sub's I've used... had their back, to Me... per say... & likely didn't really think on it, so much... that perhaps they weren't animated to the... sound bites, as I thought they were.

That said, it could well be, 1 of the guys up in the upper control room, that did... & because of that, led Me to think that the other officers/p.o's, did as that 1 did...

With the smaller seabed rocks.. have since dropped it from that earlier on list... the only set up that I still use that in, is the older 1.6X preview & v1.46, OM: DW's... "all" older versions, that would I think, not have isses with it having been used.

I had... another, (they know who they are... thanks for your doing so, ) & looked through those mods.. providing Me.. with a blueprint of those that they could consider, fairly confident could be used, with v1.7 to the best of their knowledge.

Of which, I understand that there is always the 1 in a... (whatever # you want to slap in there) chance that it could cause small to big, issues.

Haven't yet gone out in a full-bore career run... but, from the test runs I have made with the nav map trainer... it looks to perform alright with the others in... that are non FotRS mods.

M. M.
Old 01-01-22, 10:10 PM   #4157
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozle View Post
My sincere apologies if this has been brought up before but I'm getting kind of a weird error. I brought out the Nautilus in anticipation of those special missions, I went with the treasure island start and did all my sea trials but once I got to midway and went into port I am greeted with this interesting error the next time I tried to set out. "Error: No primary objectives found!" It won't let me leave for port either. I'm not using any mods except the updated version of fleetboat interior and FOTRSU v1.7 of course.
You were supposed to stay on patrol for the Battle of Midway... There should be an assignment for you anyway, even if you do dock there though. Open JSGME and click on the "Tasks..." link in the middle gutter, then choose "Export activated mods list to -->" and choose "Clipboard", which copies the data to the clipboard so that you can then paste the text into your next posting here. Also, can you navigate into your Save folder, down to "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 (or whatever Save folder name you used) \ data \cfg \SavedGames" folder, and find the numbered folder that has the most recent date / time stamp on it. Open that folder (such as 00000004), and find the CareerTrack.upc file. It is a plain text file, and can open in Notepad or Notepad++ by the use of the "*.* All Files" filter. There is a line in that file that will read something like "PlayerDefaultObjectives=ID94", which would be about the 34th line in the file. Below that should be a similar line, but say something like "PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID374", but the "=ID" number 374 would most likely be different. The line below should be the date and time you are supposed to leave on the mission. Barring that, if you upload the file somewhere, or possibly zip up the whole Save folder with 7-zip app, and post that somewhere for us to download. Send the link in a PM though, if you do that.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-01-22 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Went around the corner...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 10:14 PM   #4158
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
s7rikeback,

Know that your & propbeanie's hard work, is appreciated... that goes without saying... & is beyond dispute. Not just appreciated but respected.

Kal, I believe, is like Me, in the regards that we both strive to want to see that, improved even more... & wanting something to be better, is never a bad thing. It just needs finesse in getting to that point.

M. M.
OKAY - I have kept a cool head here for the last few days, the post above has blown that.

Let's one thing clear right away, If you both strive to want to see things improved even more, then by all means do your own mod... Nothing is stopping you... But you will not be using FotRSU as your base.
We have a proud name to protect, and up to now, you cannot even get a basic install of FotRSU together without help, as you cannot seem to read the very simple instructions on the first page of the thread.

you keep injecting third party mods, without understanding the files you are attempting to use. Some of these are binary files, which will over-write and harm the fabric of FotRSU.
Also 99% of the FotRSU binary files, have been reworked for duplicate ID & name conflicts, hence why the WARNING in the first thread, again you fail to understand that simple warning...
These means a vast majority of the SH4 mods that carry Binary files, will cause FotRSU to CTD or show errors, these are not FotRSU errors.

We should not be here for the 1000th time explaining the text that is so clearly available on the first page of the thread. Perhaps the first page of the thread is really an important read after all , as i have mentioned it three times already.

Okay, you stated "Kal, I believe, is like Me, in the regards that we both strive to want to see that, improved even more... & wanting something to be better, is never a bad thing. It just needs finesse in getting to that point."

Can I just remind you, that this is a mod by the FotRSU Mod team with help from some of the best modders in the game, from SH3, SH4 to SH5... Some of these have retired, some have passed away, but we had one moto...
It's our mod, it always was, always will be...

We will not let anyone tell us, our direction, you can offer clear advise or suggestions by all means.
Yet all we get from you is a mod list, containing multiple lists of non-FotRSU mods, and complaining it's broken... Even after we advise you otherwise.

And finally, a part of your the post above - You state improved even more, what, where, what's the idea? Perhaps finesse needs to be definded more, as to explain what you may want improving, do we need to increase the font size in the thread for you to understand it ? Thats the forth time i have mentioned the first page of the thread now... Guess it's very important to read and understand...

Do we need to highlight the misunderstandings in understanding what the AddIn mods do, there is a file for the set in the ModPak, as well as on the 2nd post of the SubSim thread, and each mod (generally) has a jsgme text file and inside its structure. No further explanation should be necessary.

Happy New Year to you all.
Old 01-01-22, 10:38 PM   #4159
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotRSU Mod Team View Post
... Note: This mod is for "Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific" v1.5 only - with Uboat Missions Add-on aka: "Gold Edition"
Note: This mod is NOT compatible with previous versions of itself

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Read Me Please
Please read the included instructions found in this first post or on the download page, as well as also found in the mod itself in the Support folder. Briefly reiterated:
1. You must have a fresh install of Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific v1.5 - the one with the U-Boats
2. That game must be installed in a folder that is NOT a "Program Files" folder, including if you are using Steam
3. You must have at least four (4) gig of RAM and a 64 bit Windows OS
(if you have something older and 32-bit with 4 gig of RAM, PM propbeanie who can get you going)
4. You must PROPERLY use either LAA or NTCore's 4Gig Patch, or similar on the SH4.exe file
5. You MUST empty the Save folder prior to starting the modded game
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It is recommended that you NOT use additional mods with this release initially, until you are certain the base FotRSU mod is functioning correctly, and then only use mods found in the Extras / AddInModzPak_1.7 folder...
... it matters little who says what about what works with FotRSU. If they are not part of the team, they do not know all that has transpired in constructing the mod, unless they trace a lot of links through files. FotRSU is NOT like Stock, it is not like TMO - it is NOT like anything else, and is most likely not compatible. There are quite a few things done quite differently with the mod, in OUR EFFORT at improving gameplay. Also, almost all of the AddInModz in the Pak have plenty of documentation included with them. There is a ReadMe in the Extras / AddInModzPak folder, as well as documentation for each individual mod, both in a jsgme text file in the Documentation folders, as well as ReadMe files in the Support folders. The ModPak files are written such that if they impact another file, they have a combination mod of the same number, else it matters little what order they are activated in. That's the idea behind the numbering system.

Old 01-01-22, 10:53 PM   #4160
Woozle
Swabbie

Downloads: 29

It's getting a little heated in here and I'd hate to contribute to that atmosphere but I'd really like to get to the bottom of this Nautilus issue. It turns out my mod list was a bit more voluminous than I thought.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[Z:\Games\Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7
FotRSUv17m_Patch
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
CPT_ROOM_CUSTOM_NAME_PLATE
SEA_LIFE_SH4_PACIFIC_FOTRSU17
FOTRSU_1.7_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k

That out of the way, the radio message I got after completion of sea trials told me to head to midway and "end patrol" so I did that and that's when the error started. Maybe I went to midway too early? I docked at april 28th, I'm going to try waiting around and see if any more events fire. I really appreciate you guys doing tech support even on new years day, above and beyond the call of duty!
Old 01-01-22, 11:11 PM   #4161
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
It's getting a little heated in here and I'd hate to contribute to that atmosphere but I'd really like to get to the bottom of this Nautilus issue. It turns out my mod list was a bit more voluminous than I thought.

FotRSUv17m_Patch

That out of the way, the radio message I got after completion of sea trials told me to head to midway and "end patrol" so I did that and that's when the error started. Maybe I went to midway too early? I docked at april 28th, I'm going to try waiting around and see if any more events fire. I really appreciate you guys doing tech support even on new years day, above and beyond the call of duty!
Was stated by vickers, to NOT use the sealife mod, as there were issues with it, Woozle.

Remove that... do a wipe of the save folder & restart, anew.

M. M.
Old 01-01-22, 11:14 PM   #4162
propbeanie

Quote:

FotRSUv17m_Patch

I am getting boats mixed-up. Let me ask you this:
1. You start at Naval Station Treasure Island, and then did what I call a "dunk and go", where you did some diving tests, and then find the DD 54nm south, correct?
2. you are then told to proceed to Midway and dock, reporting to com subs there for further disposition, correct?
3. So you arrive at Midway then April 28th...
4. What day does that order thingie say you are to depart on? like May 12th or so?
I do not see anything wrong with the mission, which if you can look in your Save folder, should show a "PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID525" on that Line 35 in that CareerTrack.upc file (if you use Notepad++). That points to the BOM_01.mis file, which assigns you an area to patrol off Midway, to look for the Japanese invasion force and / or the Strike Force. You then should be sent to Empire Waters. I'll try to run a test on that again, with the mods you have. vickers03 did say to remove Sea_Life from the game in "update 29.12.21, but I don't think that is the issue here. If you can find that line in your Save folder, it would be helpful in tracing down your trouble.

one last question: Did you apply any of the other mods after docking at Midway? Thanks.

Edit: Hang ON!!! I found the trouble... Let me send you a little test file via a PM here shortly... Please Standby!
Do NOT remove any of your mods just yet!!!

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-01-22 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Found it
Old 01-01-22, 11:32 PM   #4163
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

*sighs*

Just to let it be known.. might wish to take a look at, in the nav map trainer... the QE BB... no idea if that BB is in any of the task force calls, or any convoy calls, either... but..

topmost prop, port side... the prop, is arse backwards... trying to hump the rudder.

Also, another thing you may care to want to look into.. is when you're calling for reverse speeds... is felt that you should NOT be seeing prop wash, nor bow wave action, that I know of, at any rate... coming from those areas, as if you're going ahead, when you're in reverse. To the best of My knowledge at any rate.

That said... it is with sadness & regret... that as of now, I am walking away from FotRS.

I do, wish you all the best with it.

M. M.
Old 01-02-22, 01:07 AM   #4164
propbeanie

Default FotRSUv17_Patches

OK, slight change to the Patch file, not necessary if you do NOT use the Nautilus out of Treasure Island in April 1942. We were calling for a "BOM_01" file, but had it as "BOM01" in the folders. That is corrected, and now confirmed to work on my computer and Woozle's, who is now heading out for picket duty off Midway. It will be very boring "work" until June 4...

Anyway, as pointed out by Mad Mardigan, and we thank him for the find, the prop on the Queen Elisabeth is mounted backwards, and both props on that port side were off-center. That is in this little patch, as well as the Queen Mary liner had #3 prop dead - now also corrected. That was another naming issue.

As far as the wakes go, the game has a bow wake, and a prop wake, as well as a few secondary additions, but there are no qualifiers for forward and reverse associated with them. They change as the speed changes, but they do not have a turn-around function. So "functioning as intended" at this time.

We hope to have a full release out later tomorrow with everything found included in one file.

FotRSUv17_Patches.7z

Notice the "N" instead of "M" now. You might have to use that same download icon as MM pointed out earlier, depending upon OS and browser. Also, note that I trashed the link trying to do housekeeping, so there is a new link there now... As stated, this is NOT necessary unless you are going to use the Nautilus out of Treasure Island April 1942. The above includes all changes in the "M" update, so remove it and then apply this, if using it.

See thread FotRSUv17_Patches

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-11-22 at 07:26 PM. Reason: ... and now for this update of the update of the update...
Old 01-02-22, 12:46 PM   #4165
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Kal,

you have a number of non-FotRSU mods in there ... why are you surprised things are "showing errors"?

you are right on this point ...

Quote you in a previous post;
it's just great the multitude of options .. documentation storage ... is to order .. details on everything ... I say excellent ... a must
no excuse for misunderstanding will be tolerated

it seems to me that I was joking .. how would you like to swallow so much document ... more in english .. i try to save time but it got stuck ..

Now I think your mods came out too early .. there is info all over the place .. patch re .. patch ..

Regarding the flag, it would be good to make it optional .. on all boats .. you tend to put it everywhere too much more it is not realistic I am not a specialist in American submarine warfare but I doubt that 'he was flying the flag in the sea plain ... I have no problem underwater ... it is on the surface that I do not want to see him

I have created a new assembly that here is still errors ...

[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7 = 1
FotRSUv17n_Patch = 2
Nippon Maru v1.6 = 3
Nihon Kaigun v1.1 = 4
Combined Roster = 5
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU = 6

does not tell me that 3 and 4 does not work in the compile ...
Peal Harbor December 8, 1941 class Cachalot ...

Thank you to Mr. Mad Mardigan for his support in this adventure.
but where is Kaleun Marco ..? (the technician)
because you have to be careful if you navigate this way ... do not stretch your arm overboard too long .. otherwise you will end up one-armed ..with Beanie & s7rikeback sharks roaming around ...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 01-02-22 at 02:16 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 03:08 PM   #4166
propbeanie

One more attempt at clarification: Your mod list looks fine, so we know it is not something interfering with the modded game. We thank you all very much for pointing things out, but "No" and "Bad" tell us absolutely nothing. What is "No" and "Bad" in the picture? The sub hull? The decking? The "skinning"? The color? The fact that there are no bikini-clad girls on deck? To say something needs improving is one thing, but please describe in which manner it could be improved upon. Saying there is troubles with the flag is fine, but what is the trouble? Is it too high? Upside down? at half mast? We finally figured out what you were talking about, in that the Cachalot had an extra flag node in the eqp file, and the flag was still showing when you had applied the NoPlayerSubFlag mod. That is hopefully fixed in the Patch, and we do appreciate your pointing it out Kal_Maximus_U669. If you downloaded the patch prior to roughly five hours ago, the link was pointing to an incorrect file, which has been rectified, and you can try to do it again.

As for "patches" - there are not that many mods out there that do not have patches. TMO, RFB and RSRDC are three that spring immediately to mind, being SH4 mods. Just the sheer size of a mod makes it next to impossible to fully test prior to release. We're amateurs and not to the level of the game's devs... oh wait... they had patches too, didn't they? As an aside, more work has already been done on the Cachalot. However, what is wrong or incorrect where the "No" and "Bad" are pointing to? We're not "sharks", have not played one, but did stay at a Holiday Inn Express about six months ago, so that should qualify us to act like one...

Old 01-02-22, 04:13 PM   #4167
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Hey! I'm a card carrying VALUED MEMBER of Holiday Inn Hotel/Motels!

No and Bad are generally reserved for the Wife to use on me when I'm home.
So I'm confused by that image and hiding under the couch!
Old 01-02-22, 05:03 PM   #4168
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Thank you to Mr. Mad Mardigan for his support in this adventure.
but where is Kaleun Marco ..? (the technician)
because you have to be careful if you navigate this way ... do not stretch your arm overboard too long .. otherwise you will end up one-armed ..with Beanie & s7rikeback sharks roaming around ...
i've played FOTRSU 1.46 Preview Edition without issue(s).
here is my config.

[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU 1.46 Preview\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_Preview16
200_Preview_EnlistedFix
300_Nippon_Maru_v1.2.1
399_NoScrollNavMap

i have not played later editions of FOTRSU because i've been off playing other modsets: Dark Waters and most recently TMO ala Bubblehead1980 (TMO_BH).

if i manage to complete my career in TMO_BH, i may venture back to FOTRSU in whatever version is current at that time.

i appreciate your advice given at the end of your post however i read AND abide by the modders' recommendations and directions for playing a modset.
as you can see with my config, i use only those mods that come with the modset, which means that if/when i encounter an error condition, if it is not my misunderstanding with the game, then it is truly an issue to be investigated by the modders.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 05:04 PM   #4169
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default Class Cachalot

Good evening Mister Beanie .. s7rikeback ..
I am aware of the errors in your mods ..
I am aware that I approached the theme a bit quickly .. but there was a lot of different focus ... in addition vickers c is adapting as quickly ... several updates with several files at different dates
at the beginning I trusted a certain list quickly ... then indeed not to add anything for the moment is necessary ...
I attach you some screens of the Cachalot as well as of these problems ...
: Kaleun_Wink:

:temps libre:

I add that adding the 4K skins you will lose the connection of several points in the tower ... the son will no longer have the right author .. you have to look at the position of the nodes with S3d ...
+1 flag voucher it now works with this class ...
Now for these "sharks" I said that just to joke .. !! I respect all your work ... and I am aware of the difficulty .. I am just a vulgar tester .. see you soon
Old 01-02-22, 05:27 PM   #4170
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Hey! I'm a card carrying VALUED MEMBER of Holiday Inn Hotel/Motels!

No and Bad are generally reserved for the Wife to use on me when I'm home.
So I'm confused by that image and hiding under the couch!
you should take it off right? besides I find it ugly ..
I'm not trying to cover a coat of arms here ...
I admit having been a little distracted ...