SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-20-21, 04:22 AM   #3841
pmaura
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default narwhall

the narhwal in this mod is it the same as the narwhal bonus mod?
pmaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 05:58 AM   #3842
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
If NOT mistaken, is no need to have the 525 stickie cam in the mix... again, if I'm not mistaken...

M. M.

I'm using the FOTRSU Preview and the Stickie Cam is necessary otherwise the cam reverts to the original fixed limited zoom version...

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 09:49 AM   #3843
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Default Campaign Underway

Dec.9, 1941 departed Pearl for Eniwetok recon, then Marinas. Assigned sub is USS Thresher (SS-200) Tambor Class. Underway...

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 10:42 AM   #3844
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
I'm using the FOTRSU Preview and the Stickie Cam is necessary otherwise the cam reverts to the original fixed limited zoom version...
Hmmm... strange, as I am running 2 instances of the v1.6x preview & don't require the 525 stickie cam mod.

Instance #1:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN\MODS]

FotRS_U v1.6 preview
Preview Enlisted Fix
Nippon_Maru_v_1.3
Nihon Kaigun - addon to Nippon Maru
Roster for Nippon_Maru
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.46_EN
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod
Enhanced Sounds for SH4
International Radio mod
399_OAKsHudGauges_v1.5.Edition
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat interior Officers quarters
1-MM's Gramophone music mix (My own music mix)
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SAURY_SS189
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SAURY_SS189

Instance #2:
(strictly run as an S class career only.)

[C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U - S boat Career\MODS]

FotRS_U v1.6 preview
Preview_EnlistedFix
Nippon Maru v1.4 -A
Nihon Kaigun v1.0 -B
Nippon Maru & Nihon Kaigun Combined -C
Z01-Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46
Enhanced Sounds for SH4
Z3-International Radio mod
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
FOTRSU v1.46 Sub skins 4k
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter
Sea life SH4
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOTR SU
Periscope wake splash for FOTRSU
Improved gun tracers - torp damage mod
vickers03 Aircraft reflections mod
302_MoreDifficultAI001
650_LotsaDudz
TMO-New depth charges - Type 95 (until 08-43)
2-MM's Gramophone music mix

(Of note, the 1- & 2- MM's Gramophone music mix, is a compilation, based on 1- being '41 music, 2- '42 & so on, until wars end of '45. Am working on a compilation for '39-'45 to go with We dive at Dawn SH4 mod set... has been slow going as am having fun locating strictly brit music from that time period. )

In both instances, can see that nowhere do I have 525 stickie mod, in the mix & do not require it to do a 360 arc around the sub... so why you are having to include it, am at a loss as to explain why. It could be that 1 of the supplemental add-ons, may have it included in the inner workings, would be My guess.

M. M.

Old 09-20-21, 01:53 PM   #3845
Capt RAP
Watch

Downloads: 253
Default Quick Question

Hello All
I have never been able to get the 1.6 preview to download. Just wondering if there is a time line for the next version? All these Japanese aircraft are driving me crazy!!! They are on me no matter where I go.. HA!! Thanks and Great work !!! Capt RAP
Capt RAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 03:43 PM   #3846
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt RAP View Post
Hello All
I have never been able to get the 1.6 preview to download. Just wondering if there is a time line for the next version? All these Japanese aircraft are driving me crazy!!! They are on me no matter where I go.. HA!! Thanks and Great work !!! Capt RAP
Ahoy, Capt RAP...

Concerning your lack of ability to downloads, 2 things come to mind...

1. Subscriber status... meaning, donators get unlimited download ability, depending on their level of having contributed...

If, you're a free subscriber, you are limited to 10 (I think, is the current download capability, at the latest... that I'm aware of.. ) in a given 24 hour period.. & I think it is tied in to the last d/l attempt.

If you're able to, I would recommend the Overlord one.

That said... moving on to #2...

2. Browser.

Not knowing what browser you're using here... this could also very well, cause issues as some, require whitelisting the site & even then, can still cause issues with d/l ability.

Myself, use Opera, for downloading from subsim & have no issues with My ability to do so & have not had to "whitelist" subsim, at all. I do, however, utilize Window's "Edge" for those downloads I need... to do rapid updating with... mostly geared towards computer use. But.. that's another matter altogether. I only mention this in passing, here.

Overall.. I highly suggest grabbing & utilizing "Opera", for your subsim download needs. Just a suggestion... :yep

Hope this helps...

M. M.

Old 09-21-21, 10:42 AM   #3847
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

pmaura! after a long silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 09:51 AM   #3848
pmaura
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

how do you install trigger maru with forsu? it wants to over right things, which one do I install first?
pmaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 09:58 AM   #3849
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Those two mega-mods are not designed to run together.
Old 09-22-21, 09:58 AM   #3850
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaura View Post
how do you install trigger maru with forsu? it wants to over right things, which one do I install first?
You can't run TMO and FOTRSU together. They are both exclusive mega mods.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 08:29 PM   #3851
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755
Default Music

Does anyone know what original tracks the in-game music was taken from. Especially Joy number 5 and the opening music when the game starts.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 04:35 PM   #3852
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Hmmm... strange, as I am running 2 instances of the v1.6x preview & don't require the 525 stickie cam mod.

Instance #1:

[C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN\MODS]

FotRS_U v1.6 preview
Preview Enlisted Fix
Nippon_Maru_v_1.3
Nihon Kaigun - addon to Nippon Maru
Roster for Nippon_Maru
Enhanced Sounds for SH4
International Radio mod
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat interior Officers quarters
1-MM's Gramophone music mix (My own music mix)
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SAURY_SS189
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SAURY_SS189

Instance #2:
(strictly run as an S class career only.)

[C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U - S boat Career\MODS]

FotRS_U v1.6 preview
Preview_EnlistedFix
Nippon Maru v1.4 -A
Nihon Kaigun v1.0 -B
Nippon Maru & Nihon Kaigun Combined -C
Z01-Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46
Enhanced Sounds for SH4
Z3-International Radio mod
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
FOTRSU v1.46 Sub skins 4k
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter
Sea life SH4
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOTR SU
Periscope wake splash for FOTRSU
Improved gun tracers - torp damage mod
vickers03 Aircraft reflections mod
302_MoreDifficultAI001
650_LotsaDudz
TMO-New depth charges - Type 95 (until 08-43)
2-MM's Gramophone music mix

(Of note, the 1- & 2- MM's Gramophone music mix, is a compilation, based on 1- being '41 music, 2- '42 & so on, until wars end of '45. Am working on a compilation for '39-'45 to go with We dive at Dawn SH4 mod set... has been slow going as am having fun locating strictly brit music from that time period. )

In both instances, can see that nowhere do I have 525 stickie mod, in the mix & do not require it to do a 360 arc around the sub... so why you are having to include it, am at a loss as to explain why. It could be that 1 of the supplemental add-ons, may have it included in the inner workings, would be My guess.

M. M.

Mr. Mardigan:

I never used (yet) 1.6 preview (I have 1.46), so could you tell me if the Vickers interiors, etc., are realiy compatible with 1.6? I mean: they securely work, but I think (speculation), they ruin the modified subs of 1.6 (Vickers interiors overwrites many files). I believe you are playing an "hybrid" between 1.46 and 1.6.

Repeat: only an speculation. The main post about 1.6 clearly tells Vickers & other modder should adapt their 1.46 mods for 1.6 preview.

If I´m wrong, tell me, please, so I will install 1.6 with all your mod list, BTW, very similar to mine but with 1.46.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 05:03 PM   #3853
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar Re: Ahoy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Mr. Mardigan:

I never used (yet) 1.6 preview (I have 1.46), so could you tell me if the Vickers interiors, etc., are really compatible with 1.6? I mean: they securely work, but I think (speculation), they ruin the modified subs of 1.6 (Vickers interiors overwrites many files). I believe you are playing an "hybrid" between 1.46 and 1.6.

Repeat: only an speculation. The main post about 1.6 clearly tells Vickers & other modder should adapt their 1.46 mods for 1.6 preview.

If I´m wrong, tell me, please, so I will install 1.6 with all your mod list, BTW, very similar to mine but with 1.46.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Fitz... mate.

With the mod by vickers03, sub interiors.. yes, I can reply back that it is indeed, compatible with the preview FotRS.

Have both copies set up with them in the mix & working like a swiss... car... (to quote "Nitro" from the movie "Down Periscope"... )

M. M.

Old 09-23-21, 06:03 PM   #3854
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Fitz... mate.

With the mod by vickers03, sub interiors.. yes, I can reply back that it is indeed, compatible with the preview FotRS.

Have both copies set up with them in the mix & working like a swiss... car... (to quote "Nitro" from the movie "Down Periscope"... )

M. M.

Many thanks! Going for 1.6....

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 01:49 PM   #3855
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

OK folks, a small update on FotRSU:

Still doing edits (a LOT of line-by-line stuff), and we have been running into more than just mod troubles, so bear with us please. In the meantime, a re-work of the deckwatch crewing is leading to some pre-existing issues, some of which we knew of, some of which don't rear their ugly heads until the players find them... As an example, everyone has seen, at one time or another, the double-hatted watchcrew, as in:

Now, that can happen in either the mHats or the oHats (including NCO). It it nigh-on impossible to find them all, so when we get the next version out, please look for those anytime you are at battle stations. I am about 95% certain that they are all out of the 1st watch of all of the conns, but of course, not completely certain. Second & 3rd shift watches have not (and will not) all be checked. There are at least 3 conns & UnitParts files for each boat, in addition to the 3D crewmembers files, where these issues are found. Testing all possibilities is very time consuming, and it not something possible here at this time. Some "fixes" will look like this, either with no hat on the watchman, or no helmet (ignore the lack of binoculars for a minute - lol):

Where not all of the watch personnel don helmets when Battle Stations is called. Now, there are several ways to look at it. #1 is that propbeanie is getting tired working on this and is just too lazy to fix it, #2 not all of the deckwatch likes complying with rules, and therefore do not don their helmets or #3, their helmet fell overboard and or was lost on the last Crash Dive. I vote for #2 or #3, because that is done purposefully on some of them. The double-hat is NOT. We do need to know which position the watch person is at, whether behind the Office of the Watch (a Jr Officer or an NCO), on the other side, or maybe at the back of the conn. We will also need the date and the type of conning tower on the boat, in addition to which boat it is.

Something else to look for, though usually causing an error message or a CTD is this:

The feller lost his Navy issued binoculars, and is just pretending he has them... It is actually a missing "call" for him to pick them up, so we'll need the details, as in the double-hatted crew above. Thanks. We are hoping to be able to hand this off for a final check to s7rikeback in a few days and then release a few days later, but don't hold your breath. This has not been a very pleasant modding experience this time around, and as mentioned, in more things than just SH4...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote