SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-27-14, 06:32 AM   #421
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Herr Berbunch,

RECOMMENDED CAR LIST

[edited. See updated list at the bottom of the thread]

There are more mod cars, but not all of them are of the same recommendable quality, but these I found to be outstanding so far. To my best knowledge none of them is an illegal rip,m but all are made new from scratch. The Jaguar is visually not fully finalised (see the dwarfd driver ) , but it drives - well, put it into a race with RUF CRT, F40, Shelby Cobra, Lambo Miura, and see yourself. They all have something in common: they are very difficult to drive, lose traction easily, but also are very satisfying.

===================

The next big mod thing coming: Lucca Ring. This video shows what the Beta will look like.

AWESOME achievement.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-05-15 at 05:14 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-14, 07:29 AM   #422
Skybird
Soaring

RECOMMENDED TRACK LIST

------

I remind you that Kunos is not inactive either. Another version of historic Monza and Silverstone seem to be upcoming, maybe historic Spa, Nordschleife in January, and Barcelona and Zandvoort are being worked on - and laser-scanned.

Old 12-27-14, 03:23 PM   #423
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Cheers Sky!

I've just done a lap and a half of Nordschleife. For some reason I could get no further.

Old 12-27-14, 04:49 PM   #424
Skybird
Soaring

Center the steering wheel, and you should be fine again.
Old 12-27-14, 05:24 PM   #425
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Whilst you're about, I've added the RS500 to the content/cars folder but it's not showing in game. Any ideas?
Old 12-27-14, 07:16 PM   #426
Skybird
Soaring

"Envelope" folder moved into folder?

Check folder structure.

Added cars before?

I assume you have moved just one folder "RS5000" moved to the car folder, inside which are two subfolders RS5000. Take these two out and move them into car folder. Leave the "envelope" out of it.

You should get a Ford-logo in the game's car selection screen.
Old 12-27-14, 07:43 PM   #427
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
"Envelope" folder moved into folder?

Check folder structure.

Added cars before?

I assume you have moved just one folder "RS5000" moved to the car folder, inside which are two subfolders RS5000. Take these two out and move them into car folder. Leave the "envelope" out of it.

You should get a Ford-logo in the game's car selection screen.
It's so simple when you say it like that.

I've added Nordschleife, obviously, but no cars until now. Too late to test now, I'll try tomorrow evening but that should be it.

Also trying Cadwell, my local track. We'll see.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-14, 09:08 PM   #428
Skybird
Soaring

Herr Berbunch, if you have not tried some mods so far, you really have missed a world. Have a little trust, some of these mods are really extremely good! If I list you just 3 or 4 tracks, would you try them? I say: Salzburg, Brno, Donington, Lippo Village. Nice variety in there, all rocksolid quality. That should be enough to convince you to be more open for the big wide world out there. A second wave of downloads could include Transfagarasan Hillclimb, Barbagallo, Gentrack1, Aosta.

Have a trackday setup: race full weekend, practice to 90 minutes, and then use the practice session exclusively. Have a car field of 15-20 street cars, one of each only, that makes it most interesting. I play either GT-races - or this kind of trackday setup almost exclusively.

Regarding cars, the one I listed (except the correction I explain at the end of this post) all are very good. The Miura is about sound and feel, but very difficult to drive. I tried many more car mods, but many are out there that are mediocre only, or construciton sites. The ones listed really are the cream de la cream currently.

I add the Seat Leon Euro Cup 2014 Race Car to the list off recommended cars. Very polished ex- and interior, a race car with hilarious downforce, very friendly to beginners, because it is a relatively slow racing class. It is a very polished, complete package already, in all regards, including what to me seems to be an acoustic brake load indicator.

Noteworthy is that the download comes with a full set of 38 racing skins already.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downlo...cup-2014.4525/

However, said bad mood probably also had me messing up my first assessment of the Jaguar, which I now officially must rate "terrible" after having had a second try with it. What I first considered to be nice recreation of past time physics, I now would rate as "in no way completed physics". The car maybe improves with further work, but right now: not recommended.

And did I say the Ford Cosworth street version is so la la? I apologize, I just have been in a bad mood when testing it first. I just had it in a very mixed trackday setup at Lippo Village Street Track, and got rewarded with plenty and plenty of endless, not ending dogfights with 2, 3 and 4 opponents involved, lap for lap. An outstanding experience.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-27-14 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-28-14, 04:34 AM   #429
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

I wish I could handle 15-20 cars, even with quality dropped I suffer lag. Particularly online, did a few laps of Nordschleife and every time somebody got near me the stuttering became so bad I always went off. Shall look at port-forwarding later, might help as router was reset a month ago and I've not redone it since.

Failing that I'll have to start saving for new PC, core2duo has been flagging of recent. not going to be an easy one to sell to the wife. Build or buy, money is an object.
Old 12-28-14, 07:00 AM   #430
Skybird
Soaring

Core2duo indeed is a bit thin between the shoulders now. I know its their minimum specs given for AC, but who trusts in minimum specs working at all? I'm surprised that you can even run the game.

Promise her to go shopping with her for new shoes, that might do the trick... BTW, a GTX 680 card as I use it, is sufficient to run the game on my i5 2500k@3.3GHz. One does not need the newest of the newest and the really expensive hardware for AC. On Kunos' default tracks I can run all car fields at their maximums (=number of pitboxes). I would never buy the latest and newest technology generation, it is hopelessly overpriced.
Old 12-29-14, 07:41 AM   #431
Skybird
Soaring

Just tried the new Beta for Assen, v0.5 . Already now a very pleasurable experience, the tracks already looks decent, is fully drivable, has a very good AI line and trackside as well as helicopter camera. Could become one of the really outstanding mod tracks, already is very good.
Old 12-29-14, 07:56 AM   #432
Skybird
Soaring

I just added two more tracks to the recommended list, which both are conversions, but by all what I know and can say, and what hinted at me by somebody in emails, seem to be tolerated/authorized. Since these tracks were in very high demand and taken fore themselves are very nice conversions, I m glad that I no longer leave them out: Brands Hatch, and Suzuka.

And I add a third track as well, a conversion that got applause by the original author, so he seems to be okay with it: Melbourne. The texture of white lines on the tarmac are a bit wishy-washy, but else the thing looks and drives very well.
Old 12-29-14, 01:09 PM   #433
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

I tried Donington last night, fantastic recreation. Much better than Cadwell which requires more work.

Is it Brands Hatch full GP or Indy? Or even both?

Looking forward to Suzuka.
Old 12-29-14, 04:26 PM   #434
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
I tried Donington last night, fantastic recreation.
I told you so.
Quote:
Is it Brands Hatch full GP or Indy? Or even both?
Both. Two links listed. It is a conversion of a mod for another sim, but by all what I can say it is okay, means either tolerated or authorized by the original author. It is a very fine piece of work.

Plenty of ripped content has flooded AC's track market, and with cars it seems to be even worse. One really needs to be on guard. Justice is done at least with cars, since almost all of the rips are of bad quality, which often is true for the tracks too, but not always.

Think I will start to collect illustration videos for each track in the list.
Old 12-29-14, 07:55 PM   #435
Skybird
Soaring

Videos of AC Tracks