SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-23, 07:56 AM   #5581
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
you did it to me...again...
Well, the Nautilus is a clone of the Narwhal, but even still, is not assigned San Diego until November of 1944 also. The game should not have let you dock there... The Argonaut on the other hand, went from a pre-war patrol off Midway, was sent to San Fran for rebuild, then to San Diego and did some training with Carlson's USMC Raiders, and then went on to participate in the Makin Raid with the Nautilus, which apparently originated at Pearl with another contingent of the Raiders. Details on both boats in this regard are sadly lacking, due to the "top-secret" nature of the mission. When you originate at San Fran with the Nautilus, you are fresh out of the shop, and need to do at a minimum, a set of test dives, then proceed west for the Battle of Midway. From that, a short re-fit was done at Midway, then west to Empire Waters, returning to Pearl in time to get the Raiders and head for Makin... there should be no San Diego assignment for the boat... Even the Argonaut does not go to San Diego in v1.8...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-23, 09:37 AM   #5582
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, the Nautilus is a clone of the Narwhal, but even still, is not assigned San Diego until November of 1944 also. The game should not have let you dock there... The Argonaut on the other hand, went from a pre-war patrol off Midway, was sent to San Fran for rebuild, then to San Diego and did some training with Carlson's USMC Raiders, and then went on to participate in the Makin Raid with the Nautilus, which apparently originated at Pearl with another contingent of the Raiders. Details on both boats in this regard are sadly lacking, due to the "top-secret" nature of the mission. When you originate at San Fran with the Nautilus, you are fresh out of the shop, and need to do at a minimum, a set of test dives, then proceed west for the Battle of Midway. From that, a short re-fit was done at Midway, then west to Empire Waters, returning to Pearl in time to get the Raiders and head for Makin... there should be no San Diego assignment for the boat... Even the Argonaut does not go to San Diego in v1.8...
i agree with you, so why did the stupid-game send me all the way to San Diego?
here is a screenshot of the Nav Map as we begin our trek back to Midway.
notice the date is June 7 (1942).
by the time we arrive at Midway, enough time has passed that our base has been moved to SD...and we were able to end the mission in SD.
i am guessing from here....
we headed to Base-Midway on 6/7.
Base-Midway expired for us on 6/9. Pearl is our new home.
however, because Base-Pearl is not prepared to accept us (refer to my previous post), Base-SD is now home. This cannot be explained by fall-through-logic because Pearl is Flot 1 and SD is Flot 19...and...SD, like Pearl, is not really available for Nautilus until November 1944.
BrisBane (Flot 3) accepts Nautilus 1/1/44 or 4/1/43, depending.
Alaska (Flot 4) accepts Nautilus 4/9/43.

No explainable reason how that happened.
madness.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-23, 06:15 PM   #5583
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
in flotillas, change the start date for the Nautilus to 1942-06-10 and it is good to go. tested and verified.
not sure why the start date was July. have to ask the modder.

[Flotilla 1.UserPlayerUnitType 13]
ID= F1Nautilus
NameDisplayable= Nautilus class
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-06-10, 1943-12-25

LAA enabled
Old 07-07-23, 02:30 PM   #5584
LuckyCapitan
Watch

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Good afternoon. I want to ask. Upon contact with the target, the Battle 1-6 soundtrack plays. May I know where this track is from? I would like to listen in full
LuckyCapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-23, 11:49 AM   #5585
propbeanie

I cannot remember the name, but the whole song is in the Menu_Master LOOP.ogg file.

Old 07-10-23, 02:12 AM   #5586
wzartz
Watch

Downloads: 37

i have 2 monitor, if i alt+tabbing or changing to another monitor will the mod/game still stable or not
wzartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-23, 09:28 AM   #5587
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzartz View Post
i have 2 monitor, if i alt+tabbing or changing to another monitor will the mod/game still stable or not
i can definitely say that alt-tabbing to Windows is a bad thing for SH4 (and any megamod applied to it).

i have read where players have had two monitors, one for SH4 and one for everything else and i do NOT know if that affects SH4 performance in the same manner as the previous use-case (above).

LAA enabled
Old 07-10-23, 08:27 PM   #5588
propbeanie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i can definitely say that alt-tabbing to Windows is a bad thing for SH4 (and any megamod applied to it).

i have read where players have had two monitors, one for SH4 and one for everything else and i do NOT know if that affects SH4 performance in the same manner as the previous use-case (above).
It does still affect the game, but seemingly not as badly, at least on my system. I <Pause> the game first, and then click on the other screen, or use the <Windows> key. However, while a player with one screen will usually see issues after a couple of jumps to windows, you might only get one more, and get three or four, but you will eventually see the graphics anomalies, or hear the audio issues also. As soon as you do, Save the game under a new name, exit, and then re-start the game and load that Save. You should be good to go for another while. When I am doing a serious run, I will use the desktop for my game, as per usual practice, and use the laptop for any of my Windows work needed while playing. I have an "L" shaped desk, so the turning to the other computer is like turning to the tracking table... at least that's my excuse... lol - It would be nice though, if the game did a proper pause and swap to Windows... sigh

Old 07-10-23, 11:01 PM   #5589
wzartz
Watch

ah i see.. well as long as the bugs are not game breaking i think i can handle it ..
welp the best that i can do is to have another rig for my other activities

btw i have another question and correct me if im wrong.. one thing i noticed the difference between american tdc (SH4) and german tdc (SH3) is that the german tdc can follow the periscope movement.. i mean using persicope to target ship's engine, amunition, bow/aft is superior than using PK+spread setting , so is there any mod that mimick the german one or i really need to accept the reality as american skipper and deal with it
Old 07-11-23, 07:09 AM   #5590
frankazero1
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 16
Default FotRS freezing on opening load screen.

I've done the major thingys (not in Programs). I get to the main load screen, the red load bar goes right to the end there's a Window's "chime" sound and then it freezes. What have I done wrong?
frankazero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-23, 08:17 AM   #5591
propbeanie

You don't have to Lock a target in the US boats to shoot. In the below vid, I initially Lock on and hit the PK, letting it run while I ready the torpedoes. Find where the target is on the NavMap with the bearing tool attached to my boat, raise the scope, point & shoot. I allow the boat to pass the wire and shoot at different points on the ship. I could also move the scope and use the PK to adjust the angle of the look and shoot, such that I shoot mid then aft then bow and by pressing the PK on each shot, it would adjust the "aim"...

Old 07-11-23, 11:08 AM   #5592
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

wzartz!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-23, 06:10 PM   #5593
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

Icon14

You don't have to Lock a target in the US boats to shoot. In the below vid, I initially Lock on and hit the PK, letting it run while I ready the torpedoes. Find where the target is on the NavMap with the bearing tool attached to my boat, raise the scope, point & shoot. I allow the boat to pass the wire and shoot at different points on the ship. I could also move the scope and use the PK to adjust the angle of the look and shoot, such that I shoot mid then aft then bow and by pressing the PK on each shot, it would adjust the "aim"...

Hey Boss Greetings...
with all due respect, though some may not like it
I like the second Torpedoes what a clash...ammunition bay..!!
Here mission torpedoing which works perfectly...LoL not like in Enhanced TmO BH I stop or I'll be insulted...!!!.!!!

Hey Beanie what patience ... my god with all the explanations that are given here and elsewhere... it's all the same incredible these installation problems when do you think??? you are priceless patience subjected every day to severe test Boss take vacations and without the family...!! no god...
People should call tchatGPT Beanie......reading is too hard..using a pen don't even think about it..lol....lazy maybe..this new world is great Ha ha ah

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 07-11-23 at 06:37 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-23, 10:44 PM   #5594
wzartz
Watch

ok this is pretty new to me,.. in the vid i assume u already did the speed and AOB first right? Permission to save the vid Sir. Thanks A Lot
Old 07-13-23, 09:53 PM   #5595
propbeanie

Quote:
ok this is pretty new to me,.. in the vid i assume u already did the speed and AOB first right? Permission to save the vid Sir. Thanks A Lot
BeaniechatGPT response follows... ( ) :
That vid demo is auto-targeting, and no, I did not do any tracking, other than locking-on, starting the PK, and then shooting. I did do one mark on the ship, but since it was so close, it was not necessary to determine a course, especially in light of it being the Submarine School Targeting scenario, so I already knew where the ship would go, which is practically a "Fast 90" attack anyway. That was just a demonstration of the TDC, and that it tracks the target for you, even when you are not looking at it. Now, I could have "Locked" onto the target, started the PK, and kept the scope up, and the TDC would have moved the periscope and updated the bearing. But as you see, they start shooting at your periscope if you leave it up very long, and that includes shooting torpedoes at you (in FotRSU only)... You can "Save" any vid that you see with the "Smug Gupolus" name (which was a misfortunate throw-away name choice years ago). When you want to get into the details of targeting, especially the German side of things, check-out some of Bstanko6's or derstosstrupp's postings, of which I cannot find any right now... derstosstrupp just did a really concise write-up in the SH3 areas... There are similar, older postings for SH4, but again, I cannot find them...