SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-21, 02:45 PM   #61
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default Win10 Blocking SH4 Exe

I long ago gave up on the SH Icon. I use the SH4.exe in the base folder. After I reinstalled from the CD things have worked. I didn't try to launch the Vers 4 upgrade and am content using SH4 with TMO but I'm not sure TMO is actually running. Is there a visual indication to know when a mod like TMO is running or not?
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 08:57 PM   #62
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by l02turner View Post
I long ago gave up on the SH Icon. I use the SH4.exe in the base folder. After I reinstalled from the CD things have worked. I didn't try to launch the Vers 4 upgrade and am content using SH4 with TMO but I'm not sure TMO is actually running. Is there a visual indication to know when a mod like TMO is running or not?
If I am not mistaken, TMO should have a loading screen image that will say it's TMO.

If I have this right, the loading image should be located as follows:

C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN remix\Data\Menu\Loading (using as an example here... replacing the 1st part of all this with /TMO (or what name for the folder you are using here) basically folder structure according to how you have SH4 installed & working from there.)

The loading image will be in this part of the main folder for SH4 that you're using the TMO mod in... \Data\Menu\Loading

In the Loading folder the file you're likely to be looking for should be tagged as:

intro_logo_bkg (I do believe... )

Hopefully this info is correct since I do NOT have TMO installed & set up... though I think I still do have the mod set up unzipped in My 2ndary hard drive... & shall take a look & see (though there were a couple of integrations of TMO to be frank about it, but.. the basic file location... should be the same as here, I do believe.)

Upon investigation the TMO I have is v2.5 & the location of the main loading image, is indeed located in Data\Menu\Loading & is tagged as ''intro_logo_bkg''

Hopefully this helps...

M. M.

If on booting up your TMO modded SH4... you should then see that image, if you're NOT.. then soething is not set up right.
Old 08-06-21, 02:20 PM   #63
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Default Fix for W10 blocking SH4

Hey MM -
Thanks for that detailed explanation, but if it requires that much effort to launch TMO I'll probably pass, but I need to study your comments more and decide what to do.

Thx again -
Larry
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 05:16 PM   #64
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by l02turner View Post
Hey MM -
Thanks for that detailed explanation, but if it requires that much effort to launch TMO I'll probably pass, but I need to study your comments more and decide what to do.

Thx again -
Larry
It's not that difficult... just open up the folder you have SH4 in (that is modded with TMO)... go to the 'Data' folder, open that, find the 'Menu' folder, open it then find & open the final folder 'Loading'.

Once that last folder is opened up, is a simple task to locate the file 'intro_logo_bkg' & veiw it... either inside the folder in the preview pane... or using any picture viewer app you either have with your operating system or 1 you downloaded & installed... it's NOT that difficult to do.

It just looked so, due to all the explaining I did... is all.

I over explained it, in the effort to try & be as clear as where the screen you should be seeing, when you start your TMO modded copy of SH4... is located. So as to know for definite that the mods are working as they should.

Sorry about that... I tend to get motor mouthed (well, in this case fingered) in detailing how to find/fix/correct things... I do try to curb it but.. well, it has a tendency to slip out...

M. M.

Old 10-05-21, 12:20 PM   #65
Sosondowah
Watch

Downloads: 20

Just in case anyone is still giving a damn on this issue ...

This is how this particular registry key should look like:

https://ibb.co/SXMgG5d

And this is how the SH4.exe file proprieties should be:

https://ibb.co/mXFkKpJ

Sosondowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 11:04 PM   #66
BrassMonkey
Seaman

Downloads: 1129

Thank you🥇😉
BrassMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote