SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-19, 07:04 PM   #1
podunkpete
Sailor man

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0
Default Where's My Base???

Tired, weary, but ever dedicated I left Lorient Sept. 1 1944. (Note: In an attempt to survive the war I enabled unlimited fuel and oxygen.) Heading west I set out for my patrol zone, with near continuous contacts with air and surface units. How the destroyers picked me up devil knows, how they didn't sink me only the lord knows. Anyhow, I managed to FINALLY complete the mission, and gratefully headed for home for much needed rest and especially repair. But where is my base? Lorient is no longer indicated as a base! Searching the map from England to Australia I can't find my headquarters icon! Granted, another base will provide what I need, but what about my missing perks (promotions, transfers, upgrades)? I've gone through the radio messages and found nothing to indicate where to head to. Have I become the Ancient Mariner?? Am I in charge of the Flying Dutchman?? Note - Running OM. After docking at St Nazzaire and heading back to sea, the saved game I made crashes a few minutes after loading. Sigh, not another career start for crying out loud!!!

Last edited by podunkpete; 06-30-19 at 07:18 PM.
podunkpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 08:33 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Well... Most of the boats at Lorient do not transfer. The base ends operation 1944-09-01, so you left "home" on that last day. The IXC boats of the 4th Lorient Flotilla do transfer to Flensburg, north and west of Kiel. The 2nd Lorient Flotilla transferred to Penang / Jakarta in 1943, and the 10th Flotilla Lorient boats either "die" (retire) or go to Flensburg. If you are in a boat that does not transfer, that might be it for your career... There should be something better than a CTD for the end of the game though...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote