SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-12, 11:54 PM   #31
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTrekMike View Post
I hope that once SHO fails (and it will, lets not lie to ourselves), Ubisoft does the right thing and releases the franchise to another developer that is more willing to put the time and effort into it and give us a great new addition to the franchise.

Honestly, I don't even know why Ubisoft still bothers to hold the copyright, it seems that many companies would rather just sit on a franchise and keep it dead than let a more willing company take over and produce something for the market they clearly have no interest in.
This is my thinking. We have a better chance of getting a good subsim from some new outfit than from Ubisoft.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-12, 09:10 AM   #32
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189
Uploads: 0

Oh really? You people said the same thing back when UBI dropped all support for SH5. Didn't happen. Why would it now?
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-12, 10:59 PM   #33
USS Virginia
Swabbie

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
This is my thinking. We have a better chance of getting a good subsim from some new outfit than from Ubisoft.
So, please read this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...12#post1927512
USS Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12, 10:57 PM   #34
thebeasle
Watch

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 1

Good thread. MS Flight was a failure but it didn't upset me because I knew it would be terrible. I never got my hopes up for it. Same thing with Silent Hunter Online. If SHO gets 90+ on MetaCritic I might try it. I'm not holding my breath. Game looks terrible right now. Same thing is going on with the new SimCity game if anyone's been following that game's development.

I've said several times on subsim I'd like to see an X-Plane type hardcore simulation for subs (I bought XPlane 10 and prefer it to FSX btw). Easy for me to request a hardcore sub simulation, I'm not a programmer.

I hope someone will take that risk some day. Or maybe I'm overestimating the market of potential buyers. I have faith that if there is truly a market need for a hardcore sub sim, some company or group of programmers will step up to fill it.
Old 09-06-12, 04:45 PM   #35
SilentOtto
Engineer

Downloads: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeasle View Post
I hope someone will take that risk some day. Or maybe I'm overestimating the market of potential buyers. I have faith that if there is truly a market need for a hardcore sub sim, some company or group of programmers will step up to fill it.
There has been very interesting talking about that some time ago in subsim here, and I started a new thread trying to get people thinking of a crowdfunding project recently here.

But to tell you the truth, the response hasn't been as big as I'd thought, and if you don't get a lot of people wanting to buy, beg, borrow or steal a new hardcore subsim here in subsim, well, I don't know where you can get them!
SilentOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 05:08 PM   #36
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2

it teaches us to stop making crappy f2p game aimed at the mainstream. ubisoft apparently missed the lesson.
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-12, 02:29 PM   #37
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOtto View Post
.. and I started a new thread trying to get people thinking of a crowdfunding project recently here.

But to tell you the truth, the response hasn't been as big as I'd thought, and if you don't get a lot of people wanting to buy, beg, borrow or steal a new hardcore subsim here in subsim, well, I don't know where you can get them!
Not surprised that the response is low - Crowdfunding is a risky business (although a fad at the moment) and can be abused by the 'owner' - another pyramid scheme maybe ?

Nothing like the good old business model that is flawless. You produce a working product then we buy it, if we like it !!
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-12, 07:09 AM   #38
malkuth74
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 20

You guys are barking up the wrong tree. UBISOFT has never listened to its customer base..

Its sole reason it still exist is because of things like Assassins Creed... Thats about it.

Because all its other core Name brand games have gone to crap.. And they brought them there.

They didn't listen about online activation and constant online connection.. And they won't listen to anyone about Silent Hunter.

They will run everything into the ground... And once they are done with running the Assassins Creed Franchise into the ground.. They will basically become a joke...

In fact I dare say that Assassins Creed is the only ting keeping the UBI name on the books. But that milk cow is running out.

malkuth74 is offline   Reply With Quote