SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-13, 07:46 AM   #1
Shkval
Planesman

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Default Sargo tower upgrade - lost SJ radar... again...

Well this becomes tiresome... after all modes and patches I lost my radar after tower refit... tried to reload... even to return from Japanese islands all the way back home again and nothing changed... is there a cure for this?
Running TMO 2.5 + RSRDC+RSRDC patch...
Old 01-06-13, 12:59 PM   #2
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Take a little bit of renown...and put another one on.

Old 01-06-13, 03:22 PM   #3
Shkval
Planesman

Tried also... doesn't work...
Old 01-06-13, 03:40 PM   #4
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Almost every refit I go through I have to re purchase with renown the same equipment I had before the refit. I just add them again and all is good.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13, 03:43 PM   #5
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

I just got a shiny new Balao class submarine...SJ Radar is pretty helpful. I had it on the Gar Class boat I used before.

Radar actually has a use in SH4. In SH3, It was next to useless.
Old 01-06-13, 04:19 PM   #6
Shkval
Planesman

Guys, what I'm trying to say is that there is no radar no matter what I do, buy it, reload, etc etc I had red some old threads about this bug/problem, and there are some solutions involving digging and editing the files but none of this solutions is for my list of modes... there is even a separate mod for this problem but only for stock 1.5 game... will it work for TMO 2.5+RSRDC... anyone tried?
Old 01-06-13, 05:45 PM   #7
HertogJan
Weps

Downloads: 137

Well... euhm....

You have a new tower, the radar installed was not salvageable for the new one due to new measurments, cabling and piping, hens the cost of a new one .

Regards,

Lt.Cdr Fitting
Shipyard 20
Pearl Harbor
HertogJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 01:39 PM   #8
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

I'm running the latest TMO and RSRD together. I had issues in the past with refits not coming out correctly and not being able to apply items. I found I was running an old RSRD with the latest TMO. After I scrubbed all mods and then made sure to initialize the mods one at a time rebooting between activations all is well and there is no refit issues or deck gun issues.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 06:52 PM   #9
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366

I also brought SJ-radar for my Salmon class boat after conning tower refit. It doesn't work when I turn on the switch on the order bar or at the radar station. I have since completed a patrol after the refit and in the middle of another patrol. I don't mind spending renown to the equipment, need to spend to keep the war effort going. I have also read the post earlier, 'Where's my SJ Radar?' (Post#180088 &highlight=Salmon%28). I thought it might be a shot in the dark, but I downloaded and tried CaptScurvy's 'Stock SH4 version 1.5 Upgrades Correction.' Even after reading the readme, I thought it might not work. But, I enjoy this game so much! Thanks to all the skippers that help folks like me to understand how the game works and to the skippers that take time to make the mods that make this game so enjoyable.
My mods are:
TMO 2.5,
1.5 OTC 031212 for TMO 2.5
1.5_OTC_US Radar from Start for TMO
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 07:42 AM   #10
NedLand
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Default Sargo half cut radar problem

Brought my Sargo into Brisbane January 9, 1943. Received the half cut conning tower upgrade, noticed all my radar and deck weapons were gone, purchased new radar and weapons, and shipped out. I cannot turn on my radar, though my equipment list shows it installed. There is no visible radar antenna of either type on the tower. Is there a fix for this? Looking through the UnitPartsSargo6 file there are some options that look promising. Has anyone seen this issue in the past?
NedLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 08:19 AM   #11
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedLand View Post
Brought my Sargo into Brisbane January 9, 1943. Received the half cut conning tower upgrade, noticed all my radar and deck weapons were gone, purchased new radar and weapons, and shipped out. I cannot turn on my radar, though my equipment list shows it installed. There is no visible radar antenna of either type on the tower. Is there a fix for this? Looking through the UnitPartsSargo6 file there are some options that look promising. Has anyone seen this issue in the past?

Unfortunately, it is an old bug that is still present. I have tried to solve it in TMO but am at standstill, but we do have options. Below is a link to the downloads section where you can get instructions on how to fix your current boat.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5726

I am working on putting together instructions for manual refits since game does not do it properly.

You will see in the Data/Submarine/Salmon.UPC the conning tower upgrade dates. Typically for early war boats its 6/26/42. SJ becomes available before this, then the upgrade happens a patrol or two later after June 26, 1942 , usually. Then of course, you have to reequip SJ radar and as you found, it does not work.

I have found best solution is to (using the procedure in the link above) refit the conning tower the upgrade date, before the sim does it on its own and usually prevents losing radar.

If your case, you may have to go back to a previous save, but least you can solve it. While I believe the document says can do it at sea, I prefer to do this while in port.

Make sure to back up current files.

Hope this helps.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote