SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-21, 02:30 PM   #1
Pagan_PL
Watch

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default Shaking water after instal 1.5 PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello!

I need Your help guys! I have a problem with graphic bug known as "Jelly Water" or just "trembling water". When I move camera otside of the sub in "free mode" all water is shaking as hell. Please help. I recently bought my copy of the box edition of Uboat missions (1.5) (I am very happy about that BUT : in the sh4 standalone with patch 1.4 I did not had that problem - Now after reinstal and instal again with 1.5 (all original) there is shaking water everywhere!

Again, please advice!

Thank You.
Pagan_PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 06:05 PM   #2
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4483
Old 07-28-21, 10:02 AM   #3
Pagan_PL
Watch

Thank You, but I tried it earlier - not working for me It seems that Uboat Missions cause this. Funny thing is - I bought UM now, after 15 years of play :O Bought it to eliminate few major bugs that occures in SH4 1.4 - Can You imagine my frustration?
Old 07-28-21, 10:30 AM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan_PL View Post
Thank You, but I tried it earlier - not working for me It seems that Uboat Missions cause this. Funny thing is - I bought UM now, after 15 years of play :O Bought it to eliminate few major bugs that occures in SH4 1.4 - Can You imagine my frustration?
Odd.. as I have SH4 v1.5 & have no issues with the water being or acting like.. jelly.

What, by chance... is your source for your copy of SH4 ?

Could be, if it is Steam or Ubi, that you may need to run their 'validate files, possibly... just a possibility.

M. M.

Old 07-28-21, 12:09 PM   #5
Pagan_PL
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Odd.. as I have SH4 v1.5 & have no issues with the water being or acting like.. jelly.

What, by chance... is your source for your copy of SH4 ?

Could be, if it is Steam or Ubi, that you may need to run their 'validate files, possibly... just a possibility.

M. M.

Hello!
I have old box edition (from 2006 or 08) can't remmember - it is from "Superseller" edition - 2 days ago I ordered the last original box edition from allegro - all standalone installers - No Steam, no Ubi needed. But I see the same install methods the same installation procedures etc - I mean these are perfect match cd's. I played for over 15 years without 1.5 - Now I was soo happy to have the original U-Boat... And after instal I have shaking water effect - but only nearest water - that is - When I have the free camera at the most upper point that "glitch" is less painful, but when I move the camera forward just on the surface - where the splash effect ocures - there is epilepsy-making shake ....
Old 07-30-21, 06:07 PM   #6
Pagan_PL
Watch

Ok, this topic is for close... I'm going down with my ship...
Old 07-31-21, 08:59 AM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

SH4 is rather persnickety when it comes to graphic settings. Your video stream should match, as much as possible, from the display's "native" resolution (Windows will note it as "(recommended)"), to the graphics card being set to that, to the game matching that. If you don't have an exact match in the game, get a smaller ratio, such as you have a 16:9 display, use a 16:9 resolution in the game. It is best if you do not "overdrive" your display with a larger resolution. You can also experiment with the Graphic Settings in the game on the Options menu, and try different combinations.

A really big, big issue when dealing with any sort of an "update" in your game files is to be certain you do it as Ubisoft instructs. If you had a v1.4 of the game, and applied a v1.5 U-Boat Missions Add-On, you MUST do it the way they have it outlined in the update ReadMe. If you had a v1.4 and want to use a v1.5 Gold Edition over the top of the old install, you shouldn't. Un-install the old, delete the old folders, and install the new.

Also, be certain that you have deleted the old data out of the Save folder, which by default will be in "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" or from the short-cut in File Manager. It might be something as simple as that.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 10:26 AM   #8
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Sometimes I have that effect...DVD Uboat mission. I resolve it putting TC to an high value in external view (x32) and return to TCx1. The effect is gone. Try it.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 10:27 AM   #9
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

This mod is for no trembling underwater effect.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 12:21 PM   #10
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

fitzcarraldo is correct on both accounts, as always - If you use a search engine, and type in "site:subsim.com/radioroom jello water", you will find quite a few hits, and a goodly portion mention the use of high time compression. What "high time compression" actually is, depends upon your computer and its "efficiency". Another issue is "shelling-out" into Windows while the game is running, which also confuses the game and can lead to other "odd" behavior. Another "technique" to possibly alleviate the problem is to change to an interior view, then back to the outside view. If using windows while the game is running, you could also try to Save the game (with a unique name), exit, re-enter the game and load that Save.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 10:27 AM   #11
Pagan_PL
Watch

Hi!

Thank You guys for the replies! Sadly, I tried ALL that "sollutions" - Still nothing I gived up. with the environment stock 3 mod that jello effect is 80% less painfull to watch
Old 10-01-21, 12:41 AM   #12
ApeGorrillo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan_PL View Post
Hi!

Thank You guys for the replies! Sadly, I tried ALL that "sollutions" - Still nothing I gived up. with the environment stock 3 mod that jello effect is 80% less painfull to watch
It appears that there is currently no solution to this "jello/jelly/jiggly/shaking/shaky/trembling" water issue we are having, at least not that I have found. Unbelievable that no one can figure this out. If I ever discover a fix for this I will be sure to repost it here.

Last edited by ApeGorrillo; 10-01-21 at 07:50 PM.