SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-12, 10:58 AM   #91
Gezoes
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Nice read Neal, thanks for going there. Fun to see their faces too

BBT states some fine points btw

So, SHO looks heavy on the arcade side, but there's too little to judge it yet. For now, hey, at least there is something new coming, and that, in itself, is awesome. Battlestar Galactica did an outstanding job in a browser, so it is more than possible.

I think they know what we want and what we would accept to make it more accessible to casual players. Question is if they are able to strike that balance. But I'm open minded in this. (Free to play) MMO's are dominating right now, so the choice is sound. It also allows for more support and continued development. I'm not sinking it before I get to play/test it.
Old 08-02-12, 03:35 PM   #92
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

I wouldn't say it looks arcade. Arcade to me is something like the mobile version of Silent Hunter or that abortion of an X360 sub game that came out a couple years ago.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 06:28 AM   #93
SilentOtto
Engineer

Downloads: 71

I had to google "snarky" but then I learned a new word!
SilentOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 01:37 PM   #94
BigBANGtheory
Officer

Downloads: 98

Personally I would be prepared to pay $200 per year for the right submarine simulation, the one that immerses me in the role that I choose to play at any given time, against the opponents I choose to play against (AI or otherwise), patches the bugs & mistakes over time (cos nothing is perfecy on day 1) and keeps pace with modern PC hardware.

Could I suggest that between SHO and Subsim that we have a polite (and moderated) ask the dev team thread?
BigBANGtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 11:03 AM   #95
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBANGtheory View Post
Could I suggest that between SHO and Subsim that we have a polite (and moderated) ask the dev team thread?
I'm guessing we could try, but I think I'd rather they concentrate on getting things right than answering our questions. Perhaps we should, if they agree, have a 'collect the questions' thread and pick a handful per fortnight for them to peruse and hopefully answer.

Neal?
Old 08-16-12, 12:54 PM   #96
Grun Teufel
Watch

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezoes View Post
Sehr gut! Looking forward to it I have to be honest. When SH5 was out, who expected a new game. I sure didn't. I like the fact that we can have multiple subs we earned in our subpen. SHV's mission area style seems to be in, but can I sail off without it. Very important.

Why shouldn't I bring a mission along, but say, I'm in port and people chat that they found something. Maybe I just want to see the coast of Scotland. Random, open world stuff has to be in. Meeting up with other players, out there into the blue, random prey. Missions will get you more credits, xp etc. but I want that good old SH freedom. Essential.

And a subs vs destroyer PvP element of course. Those will probably be just missions, being able to pick either a U-boat or a destroyer could lead to some tricky side switching in the open world I suppose
I totally agree with about the open world thing. Sometimes, it's nice to stretch out a bit and just roam freely.
Grun Teufel is offline   Reply With Quote