SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-14, 05:26 PM   #1
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0
Default Need some mod advice...

I watched a silent hunter tutorial video about playing with celestial navigation

While I'll never be ready for that (for me that much details moves it from a game to work) I

was very impressed by the GUI that the guy was using.

I'm just starting this game and pushing 60 and the standard GUI is just not working for me.

I'm guessing that the way things are set up adds to the realism in that it feels

claustrophobic as any WWII submarine experience was I'm sure.

However how many 60 year-olds commanded a submarine?

1) Every time I try to open the ship identification manual at night I'm blinded. nm! Found a mod for that.

2) That damn chronometer pops up every-time I take a shot, messing up my prep for round two. Is there a good GUI mod that allows on to opt out of the clock popping up?

3) Is there a mod that moves the chart tools outta my way a bit? If I were in command of a U-boat I'd find some way to clear that stuff off my chart table. Maybe even put some of the less frequently used tools in a drawer?
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-14, 05:50 PM   #2
mitsvan
Swabbie

Downloads: 32

Try to find info there

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193974

I have read your post about celestial navigation and i google it, as a cadet i am very excited if i am able to use my skills in game, maybe i do not make the best answer but i am interested also in a similar mod, SH3 in my case so i will commence a search for it
mitsvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-14, 06:15 PM   #3
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

You can drag the clock anywhere you want.... Not sure what all mods, but most supermods shrink the tools down it seems...

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-14, 10:38 PM   #4
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post

1) Every time I try to open the ship identification manual at night I'm blinded. nm! Found a mod for that.

2) That damn chronometer pops up every-time I take a shot, messing up my prep for round two. Is there a good GUI mod that allows on to opt out of the clock popping up?

3) Is there a mod that moves the chart tools outta my way a bit? If I were in command of a U-boat I'd find some way to clear that stuff off my chart table. Maybe even put some of the less frequently used tools in a drawer?
#1 - agree. I think there is a mod that darkens the rec. manual.

#2 - agree. The way the chrono comes and goes is irritating. Don't know if anything can be done about it.

#3 - There is a mod that makes the tools smaller.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 04:44 AM   #5
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Default Thanks for the advice so far and...

I guess each man is the captain of his fate and the master of his soul, but I need a bit more control of the environment in my boat.

Still needing a way to suppress the pop up chronometer. It gets in the way too often. And I know where the button to call it up is when I need it.

Also... Is there mod that deals with a better location for the crew messages window? No matter where I move it, it always is in the way for whatever I want to do next.

Captain of the U 789 and curmudgeon-in-chief
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig
Old 12-16-14, 06:25 AM   #6
HertogJan
Weps

Downloads: 137

I simply drag the message bar to the middle bottom part of my screen between the order bar and the dials and lock it there.

Same goes for the chronometer, I just place it between the order bar and the message bar.

Have to redo it every time you start the game but its no big deal. I just do it after I set sail again.
HertogJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 07:34 AM   #7
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Default Thanks That Crew message sugestion will work.

That will work! Course my biggest problem was playing on a monitor with too low resolution. I kicked it up to max here and reduced some other things and now there's just more screen real estate to go around. Guess I am still just getting my bearings around here.
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig

Last edited by Havan_IronOak; 12-16-14 at 07:45 AM.

Tags
mod request, modding ideas