SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-31-11, 02:38 PM   #16
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post

Orpheus - you are the guy for making this a mod
We have all read your writting skills "SH5 - re-review"

You know you could start this with some simple changes (im thinking OHII related). You have looked at the speech script page and some of these could be edited to be more relevant to the campaigns.

Yeah it's definitely something I want to take a look at, and it'd be nice to contribute a mod to the community. Currently I'm bogged down with writing a Dissertation for Uni (mature student, lol), trying to kickstart a career in games journalism and find a job that will allow me to fund a Masters Degree in Creative Writing next year at the tune of £9000 for a year's course with enough time to actually study... but when all this starts to settle down I'll have a lot more time to focus on it. OHII seems like a perfect place to start, too.

You might find me tapping you up for help converting the new dialogue text into a workable format though, as the actual text is separated by various code sections which I don't understand! Would probably have to convert it into a more coherent doc to do the work, then back to a coded document for mod use

(btw, I won a prize for that review - free copy of Starcraft 2 - and it's actually led to my first offer of actual paid games journalism! Without subsim & SH5, it would never have happened, so thanks guys! There's a link in the review thread to the award announcement page )
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 02:40 PM   #17
Kaicokid
Watch

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

I think the answer to the question of this thread is we will have to wait and see.You don't have to look very hard on this site to see there appear to be massive break throughs been made as we speak.
I believe the future of SH5 has never looked more promising and given another year or two will be head and shoulders above all the previous versions,including the Grey Wolfs.
We can only hope that more and more modders apply their talents to this game and help speed up the process.
Kaicokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 02:52 PM   #18
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
Yeah it's definitely something I want to take a look at, and it'd be nice to contribute a mod to the community. Currently I'm bogged down with writing a Dissertation for Uni (mature student, lol), trying to kickstart a career in games journalism and find a job that will allow me to fund a Masters Degree in Creative Writing next year at the tune of £9000 for a year's course with enough time to actually study... but when all this starts to settle down I'll have a lot more time to focus on it. OHII seems like a perfect place to start, too.

You might find me tapping you up for help converting the new dialogue text into a workable format though, as the actual text is separated by various code sections which I don't understand! Would probably have to convert it into a more coherent doc to do the work, then back to a coded document for mod use
I think I counted that with Mighty Fine Crew I have almost 30 crewmembers
and I wondered if it is technically feasible to add dialogs to all of them, or only the ones which are available now.

In either case this would be a very interesting mod because in this case the original idea was very good - add a feature to interact with individual crew members, quite exciting in combination with the walkable interior. It was used only sparsely and the dialogs are not that good, but when I imagine this with other things like blankets, crewmembers playing cards or the bare chested guy in the intro, it would be quite impressive.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 02:53 PM   #19
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaicokid View Post
I think the answer to the question of this thread is we will have to wait and see.You don't have to look very hard on this site to see there appear to be massive break throughs been made as we speak.
I believe the future of SH5 has never looked more promising and given another year or two will be head and shoulders above all the previous versions,including the Grey Wolfs.
We can only hope that more and more modders apply their talents to this game and help speed up the process.
sounds good!

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 03:24 PM   #20
Halface
Bosun

Downloads: 135

You know you can also tweak the graphic on your side and end...but settings in the card drivers...then you have OC of cpu grapfic etc etc......

off topic but i have now managed to get my AMD Pheneom black edition 965 2 stepping to run over 4000MHz after lots of blue screens and tests i been running SH5 for 28hours...then the damn power went

but OC is a read the forum thingy.....and you need a good cooler...preferable water colled...to bad my 590GTX isent watercooled yet.........

i cant mod any thing...but i can OC and tweak...pluss take the elevator

but if you look at stock SH5 versus a right modded SH5 you have two diffrent games....SH5 modders are great they all give and do their best to improve and make more improvments......

and to keep to topic to wich extent...s far you want it to go i imagne....

and yash my english typing suck since me no english speaking ....

well 4000Mhz didt pass the prime95 testing so meh........runned prime for 18 hours then bosded "blue screen" so back to a lower mode......

Last edited by Halface; 10-31-11 at 06:08 PM.
Halface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
future modding, hardcoded bugs, modding capabilities, modding ideas, outlook