SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-04-20, 07:25 AM   #1951
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
So you can tour Officer's Country initially, but then after a few times, you can't get past the doorway, or is the hatch closed all of the time? What is your mod list now?
No, no! I can go if I want to - it’s that after the first couple of trips the only reason to go is for the music in the Ward Ro;om. I don’t often do that. It (the music) is too distracting at times.

Current Mod List:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.24_EN
101_Patch_v1.2To_v1.26p
399_NoScrollNavMap
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
801_UMark Invisible
901_strategic_map_symbols
1000_Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.1_EN
1001_FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 10-04-20 at 07:37 AM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 08:06 AM   #1952
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
no disrespect here, can you re-count your "sailors" (level 1-3) vs the rates (4-6)?
also, can you confirm that the MaxPettyOfficers is not preceded with a semi-colon in your ActiveUsers file?
lastly, have you tried to release a "sailor" before you attempt to add a PO?
1. Ratings 1,2,3 = 18 (11,3,4 respectively)

2. Ratings 4,5,6 = 50 (37, 9,4 respectively)

3 . Ratings total = 68

4. I tried removing a sailor (rating 1) and adding a PO. Was refused a/c too many POs.

There is NO semicolon in front of the line I quoted from the NSS_Gato.upc. I have not looked in the Activeusers file. I cannot find any such file. The only counts I've seen are in the Submarine upc files.

Old 10-04-20, 10:22 AM   #1953
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56
Default Balao no deck gun again

Yet again when I was upgraded to a Balao, it came with no deck gun, no way to add one.

Still running just FOTRS:UE 1.24.

This was after starting with a completely fresh install, yada yada.

I'll keep my Gato until the end of the war, then.
Old 10-04-20, 01:44 PM   #1954
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

What port are you sailing from, and what is the date of the upgrade offer?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 02:32 PM   #1955
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
1. Ratings 1,2,3 = 18 (11,3,4 respectively)

2. Ratings 4,5,6 = 50 (37, 9,4 respectively)

3 . Ratings total = 68

4. I tried removing a sailor (rating 1) and adding a PO. Was refused a/c too many POs.

There is NO semicolon in front of the line I quoted from the NSS_Gato.upc. I have not looked in the Activeusers file. I cannot find any such file. The only counts I've seen are in the Submarine upc files.
look in your savefolder:
C:\Users\Username\Subfolder\Documents\SH4\data\cfg \SaveGames

you will see subfolders numbered strangely: 00000000. 00000001. etc.
find the most recent folder and drill down into it.
you will see ActiveUserPlayerUnits.UPC and CareerTrack.UPC as well as a few more.

the ActiveUser file has your boat, crew, weapons, ammo, etc...all the good things in life.
in the first few lines of this file, you will see your actual MaxOfficers and MaxPettyOfficers. it should match what you have been seeing all along. let me know if you spot something different.

BTW, the CareerTrack file is a running log of your current career. well, the highlights, anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 03:52 PM   #1956
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
look in your savefolder:
C:\Users\Username\Subfolder\Documents\SH4\data\cfg \SaveGames

you will see subfolders numbered strangely: 00000000. 00000001. etc.
find the most recent folder and drill down into it.
you will see ActiveUserPlayerUnits.UPC and CareerTrack.UPC as well as a few more.

the ActiveUser file has your boat, crew, weapons, ammo, etc...all the good things in life.
in the first few lines of this file, you will see your actual MaxOfficers and MaxPettyOfficers. it should match what you have been seeing all along. let me know if you spot something different.

BTW, the CareerTrack file is a running log of your current career. well, the highlights, anyway.
I found it, and changed the maximums to 70 (POs) and 30 (Officers) just to see.

Last question: If I load that save game (the very last one) and continue the career, will those numbers transfer to the next patrol in that same boat? I mean, do the new maximums stay with the boat from that time forward? I guess I should try it and see for myself, eh?

Thanks for all the good info!

Old 10-04-20, 05:08 PM   #1957
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I found it, and changed the maximums to 70 (POs) and 30 (Officers) just to see.

Last question: If I load that save game (the very last one) and continue the career, will those numbers transfer to the next patrol in that same boat? I mean, do the new maximums stay with the boat from that time forward? I guess I should try it and see for myself, eh?

Thanks for all the good info!
ah....yes. the old parms didn't transfer bug.

so, what were the values before your changed them?

to answer your question: Yes. those parms will stay with THIS boat for the duration.

LAA enabled
Old 10-05-20, 05:02 AM   #1958
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
ah....yes. the old parms didn't transfer bug.

so, what were the values before your changed them?

to answer your question: Yes. those parms will stay with THIS boat for the duration.
18 Officers; 50 POs.

Old 10-05-20, 07:47 AM   #1959
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
What port are you sailing from, and what is the date of the upgrade offer?
Midway

Arrived at base late on July 14, 1943, back in the "office" screen on July 15, no deck gun on my new Balao.
Old 10-05-20, 08:38 AM   #1960
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^I had that no deck gun bug with the balao as well and my home port was Midway, I was using the same fotrs version you're using too, only way to get round it is to reload a save before you entered port and refuse the balao upgrade.
Old 10-05-20, 08:57 AM   #1961
propbeanie

Quote:
18 Officers; 50 POs.
What this tells me is that the Officer's Country updates are overwriting the files in the game, but that they are not making it to the Save folder... Since the file already exists in the Save folder, it it not overwritten with the new data... We'll have to remember this if anyone else encounters the problem with v1.2x versions of the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Midway

Arrived at base late on July 14, 1943, back in the "office" screen on July 15, no deck gun on my new Balao.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
^I had that no deck gun bug with the balao as well and my home port was Midway, I was using the same fotrs version you're using too, only way to get round it is to reload a save before you entered port and refuse the balao upgrade.
OK, so a confirmation of this, again... The boat is "active" on June 01, 1943 in its upc file. It is available at Mare on Jun12, 1943. It is available at Midway and Pearl on July 01, 1943. Missions are available at those locations. So either the game wants more time to get the boat and its equipment from the east coast to Pearl (doubtful), or there is something not being properly overwritten in the Save folder... Still digging. We can kind of explain-away torpedobait's issue with the Officer's Country mods, but we can't explain-away WH4K's encountering it, unless the Save folder wasn't completely deleted ...

Old 10-05-20, 11:45 AM   #1962
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

No mission text East of Kurile islands, can't remember exactly which one it was but it did say don't sink any russian ships, haha, there wasn't even a bloody iceberg up there never mind a ship.

russian image hosting

Something else I've noticed as well, I dropped on another split merchant that was stationary in reasonably calm waters, this is the 3rd one since I've been using the 1.26p version and if I remember rightly there were some ships in the same boat in the fotrs 1.21 one, are you looking into this phenomenon Mr beanie?.

Lastly, I can't remember when I last saw a convoy icon on the navmap, there's plenty of merchant and taskforce ones appearing now and then but the convoy ones..... not even a tiddly little one. Could you tell someone how to rectify this feature because I'd like to at least know the rough whereabouts of these shipping routes so I can jot it down in my head for future reference.

I'm due a balao upgrade soon so I'll test it out when I get one offered and let you know if you've fixed the problem with the deck gun.
Old 10-05-20, 05:51 PM   #1963
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
18 Officers; 50 POs.
ok, so......to what value did you change the parameters and........most importantly.........was the value change effective in allowing you to add Petty Officers?

LAA enabled
Old 10-05-20, 09:24 PM   #1964
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83

I am sorry if I am not thinking, but I cannot seem to activate the external cameras. I am am trying to work out some of silverwolf's subs. I need to be able to see the out side of the subs. If anyone can point me in the right direction would help. Thanks

comder
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 07:16 AM   #1965
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
No mission text East of Kurile islands, can't remember exactly which one it was but it did say don't sink any russian ships, haha, there wasn't even a bloody iceberg up there never mind a ship.

(pic)

Something else I've noticed as well, I dropped on another split merchant that was stationary in reasonably calm waters, this is the 3rd one since I've been using the 1.26p version and if I remember rightly there were some ships in the same boat in the fotrs 1.21 one, are you looking into this phenomenon Mr beanie?.

Lastly, I can't remember when I last saw a convoy icon on the navmap, there's plenty of merchant and taskforce ones appearing now and then but the convoy ones..... not even a tiddly little one. Could you tell someone how to rectify this feature because I'd like to at least know the rough whereabouts of these shipping routes so I can jot it down in my head for future reference.

I'm due a balao upgrade soon so I'll test it out when I get one offered and let you know if you've fixed the problem with the deck gun.
I have discovered a typo for that particular mission, and it should display the summary text fine in the next version...

The split merchants and other vessels have been being scrutinized for "failure to comply", and I have not seen one yet. I have found them near anchorages, of which their settings are proper, either "Docked=true", or the speed is set low. I have not found any in the middle of the ocean. I have seen, especially later in the war when there is more / closer Allied support, where CV-based planes attack convoys, and end up "disabling" a vessel, usually with a resultant fire. I have seen those go dead in the water, but I have not seen any that hadn't had a little extra "help". I have also seen them "run aground" trying to get away from me and my stellar "skill" at attacking ( ) - and missing. I am still looking though, and I am suspecting this might be related to "backward compatibility" not really being 100% between the v1.2x copies of the mod. As witness, the deck gun loss when going to the Balao as an upgrade. I don't know though, since I have been unable to replicate the issue, even when using v1.2 and the v1.26p patch, while doing test career missions that give me a Balao before its time. I still get the boat, and it comes with a deck gun. We will keep trying though, as we're working on the next version, which will NOT be backwards compatible. The next version will take several weeks at a minimum.

We can also bump-up the reports from the convoys, to simulate the "Ultra" reports, of which it was mid to late 1943 before the Japanese merchant marine codes were cracked, and locations of some convoys were rather easy to obtain. Prior to that, "sightings" was the main way of getting the reports. The "old reliable" convoy route map is available on most boats, in various locations. Maybe we'll dig into the details of each boat for how to find that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
I am sorry if I am not thinking, but I cannot seem to activate the external cameras. I am am trying to work out some of silverwolf's subs. I need to be able to see the out side of the subs. If anyone can point me in the right direction would help. Thanks

comder
If you use the menu buttons, and cannot get the external camera to function, other than the usual Bridge View and the like, as well as the use of the <,> (comma) and <.> (period) keys for "Previous" and "Next" unit, then it would be suspected that you do not have the external camera enabled in the Gameplay options. On the Main Menu, using the "Options" choice, then "Gameplay Settings". This area only controls the War (Quick) Patrol, Multiplayer, Single (Quick) Missions and Submarine School on the Main Menu. For any of the career starts, you set the Gameplay options from the Captain's Office menu, which in the US side of a career is accessed by clicking on the wooden radio console to the left of screen by the windows on top of the cabinet, while on the German side, it is the small four-drawer filing cabinet by the Exit door, center-right of the screen. Once on patrol, you cannot change that setting.