Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-09-20, 08:42 PM   #916
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Sounds like something I heard recently, Russia and Saudi Arabia decided to flood the oil market and take the US out.

Meanwhile, this Wuhan Flu situation reminds me of Operation Dark Winter.
Like someone in U.S. politics once said: "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 10:16 PM   #917
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

A 32 year-old doctor's assistant in New Jersey who became infected is now hospitalized and in serious condition with pneumonia. He is on oxygen, but his health continues to deteriorate, with only one lung now semi-functional. He had no underlying health problems. Also, he doesn't drink or smoke.

46 workers in a single office and 4 family members infected in Seoul, South Korea.
Quote:
Fifty people tied to a single call center in the South Korean capital of Seoul have contracted the novel coronavirus, health authorities there said.

It is believed to be the biggest single infection cluster in Seoul.

The employees of the call center were not wearing masks when they were working, according to Kwon.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html

Last edited by Traveller; 03-10-20 at 06:38 AM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 06:04 AM   #918
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Coronavirus: UK spread in maps and charts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 06:15 AM   #919
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

https://translate.google.ru/translat...rd%2F3581.html

Moscow regional government FAQ. Note how individual self-isolation is mandatory under certain circumstances.
Old 03-10-20, 06:59 AM   #920
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Looks quite similar to what our CDC is transmitting to the general public. Though tippy top leadership says its the democrats perpetrating a hoax and all will be fine. Reminds me of the days of Baghdad Bob. I swear they must have been separated at birth.

But hey Im heading to Japan I hear that over there everything is just rosey.

Old 03-10-20, 07:05 AM   #921
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)
Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Looks quite similar to what our CDC is transmitting to the general public. Though tippy top leadership says its the democrats perpetrating a hoax and all will be fine. Reminds me of the days of Baghdad Bob. I swear they must have been separated at birth.

But hey Im heading to Japan I hear that over there everything is just rosey.
TBH, I'd rather go to Italy than the US right now. At least, Italy seems to have an idea of what's happening when the US response is more akin to Mao's response to the Great Leap Forward at the height of the famine.
Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 07:48 AM   #922
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Sounds good buddy do let us know how it goes for you in Italy maybe a layover in Japan too? I hear everything is fine and control over there as well. You know what they say no matter where you go the grass is always greener on the other side.

Old 03-10-20, 07:56 AM   #923
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Quote:
Sounds good buddy do let us know how it goes for you in Italy maybe a layover in Japan too? I hear everything is fine and control over there as well. You know what they say: "the grass is always greener on the other side".
Meh, neither Italy nor Japan are pretending that everything is fine, that it's just a big cold and are unable to test their people while having one of the objectively worst healthcare systems of the developed world and maintaining massive electoral meetings all over the country. I kinda doubt anyone outside Pennsylvania Avenue believes there are only 600-700 cases in the States by now. It's kinda like Trump himself: no test means no contamination.

At least, now in Italy, they're reducing or even stopping most movement, which should drastically reduce further contaminations - in two weeks or more, the time the current early cases manifest themselves, that is.
Old 03-10-20, 08:00 AM   #924
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

So I guess you wont be going to Italy then?

Old 03-10-20, 10:57 AM   #925
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

https://yourhealthforumbydrcirino.org/

Quote:
5. With any viral spillover, there are always two outbreaks: Infectious Disease and the Infectious Fear.

An outbreak is an unpredictable process. It can sometimes burn out, even as we are still learning of the risk factors of its spread. As for a respiratory virus outbreak, it is easily transmitted, often leading to relatively silent spread. Containment strategies are often too late. As information emerges from the virus, speculation can create narratives that lead to fear, panic and rapid decision-making.

Reports from the news are often related to deaths and how the viral infection is changing regular life and can be sensationalistic. Online authors and presenters are shaping the news and narratives. The images of the strict containment measures in China tempt us to think about self-preservation from an unknown invader. These fears shape behaviors: cancelling flights, stocking up on masks, cancelling conferences. While it is not wrong that containment measures can help, defining cases can lead to more targeted containment without crippling the flow of a functioning society.

In the unknown of the COVID-19 outbreak, the stock market has seen great losses and is showing volatility. Imposing mass quarantine and containment efforts can have real effects on the economy and productivity. Canceling major conferences can lead to losses that can affect multiple sectors. Even if you decide not to cancel your European trip, strict measures could be applied in the setting of an outbreak, that can limit or spoil your vacation plans.

Stories of vampires, werewolves and zombies go back hundreds, if not thousands of years. The concept of some unknown force overpowering humans and causing them to morph into someone or something else hits the nerve of our self-preservation instinct. In many ways, viruses are the true vampires. They are lifeless forces other than the primitive instincts of self-preservation and self-generation.

A virus’s consciousness is generativity – producing copies to transmit to others. It’s result is a destructive untangling of the fiber of society.

A virus is transmitted through social interactions and an interruptions in these behaviors although may be useful, often results in a significant fallout.

I know it seems Italy shut down their entire country. But what besides spaghetti and meatballs do they really offer the global community? Plus if it gets too bad for them they'll just get Germany to bail them out. Can you imagine if the leaders in global economics and stability such as the U.S., China, Russia, South Korea, Japan, and others all barred their doors at the same time and told everyone to go home for a month or two while this blows over? Exhausted resources, massive unemployment, war, death rates surge, it would make Venezuela's economy look like something to strive for.

Old 03-10-20, 11:01 AM   #926
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

May be of interest

Quote:
Early studies suggest COVID-19 replicates efficiently in the upper respiratory tract. Infected people produce a large quantity of the virus at the beginning of the infection and new research revealed the incubation period of the infection is 5.1 days, where those infected do not exhibit any symptoms, which allows them to carry on as normal and contribute to the spread of the virus. COVID-19 presents in three patterns of infection: It begins with mild illness and upper respiratory tract symptoms, followed by non-life-threatening pneumonia. After about a week, severe pneumonia with acute respiratory distress syndrome can progress rapidly and sometimes require life support.
https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...g8Fxkd5AsdFcYE

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 11:15 AM   #927
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Icon10

Quote:
But hey Im heading to Japan
Do me a favor? Do they still sell the brown cans of Georgia Coffee in the hot vending machines? Drink one for me.

I still have a serious Jones for Georgia Coffee after all these years.

I can buy them here in the states (sometimes), but they just don't taste as good as when they come hot out of the machine.

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 11:45 AM   #928
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Quote:
So I guess you wont be going to Italy then?
Living in France, so I won't have to move to Italy, the situation is coming here pretty soon.
Old 03-10-20, 11:47 AM   #929
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I know it seems Italy shut down their entire country. But what besides spaghetti and meatballs do they really offer the global community?
Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Vespa, the Pope, the God father, Sophia Loren
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 12:02 PM   #930
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Vespa, the Pope, the God father, Sophia Loren
Oto-Melara, AKA the best damn naval guns of the entire solar system, bar none. They're also among the best designers of solid fuel rockets out there.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan