SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-23, 09:00 PM   #5311
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Well even if he doesn't win the nomination, I looked forward to enjoying your emotional response to his continuing political presence as we creep towards election two years from now.

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-23, 09:31 PM   #5312
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
Well even if he doesn't win the nomination, I looked forward to enjoying your emotional response to his continuing political presence as we creep towards election two years from now.
Thank you very much, I'll be here all week.
The E Jean Carroll’s civil case is starting April 10th in the Southern District of NY.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-23, 12:11 AM   #5313
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I guess you are talking about little man, and he deserved it. Even the Republican party is slowly moving away from his failed brand now seeing it for the poison everything thing he touches becomes.

You guess huh?

Well I don't want him to run because I don't think he can win and he is too old like grandpaw Biden. I have no problem with his policies and like I've said more than once he pisses off all the right people.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-23, 12:23 AM   #5314
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You guess huh?

Well I don't want him to run because I don't think he can win and he is too old like grandpaw Biden. I have no problem with his policies and like I've said more than once he pisses off all the right people.
So he pisses off the right people, so what? He doesn't offer any thing but worse! He's the wrong guy and his brand is a failure.

David Bowie
Old 03-14-23, 12:57 AM   #5315
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
So he pisses off the right people, so what? He doesn't offer any thing but worse! He's the wrong guy and his brand is a failure.
LOL.... I really got to read Trumps books, (He's been out of office going on 3 years and still living rent free in your head,)Just to figure out how he did it.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-23, 02:13 AM   #5316
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
LOL.... I really got to read Trumps books, (He's been out of office going on 3 years and still living rent free in your head,)Just to figure out how he did it.

That's President Trump's most endearing feature.

Old 03-14-23, 10:41 AM   #5317
Buddahaid

I'll gladly stop talking about Trump when he leaves politics and after the legal problems that are now getting close to trial are concluded.

Trump just blamed Jan 6th on Pence for not going along with the fake elector scheme. Trump is admitting he set it in motion.

David Bowie
Old 03-14-23, 02:39 PM   #5318
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
I'll gladly stop talking about Trump when he leaves politics and after the legal problems that are now getting close to trial are concluded.

Trump just blamed Jan 6th on Pence for not going along with the fake elector scheme. Trump is admitting he set it in motion.

Trump is news and has been for 6 plus years. CNN and the like can't keep away. Trump never admits to anything. Trump will run. He just may pull it off again. As far as Jan 6th, they will use it against Trump as along as the can. Heck, I think Stormy Daniels was back in the news again. It never stops. The news can not credit Trump for anything. Understand, media controls the narrative. Always.
Old 03-14-23, 05:12 PM   #5319
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

While the media directs your attention to what amounts to some schmuck’s personal problems.

The crooks standing right next to you are robbing you blind.

CHEERING SILICON VALLEY BANK BAILOUT, GAVIN NEWSOM DOESN’T MENTION HE’S A CLIENT

At least three of the California governor’s wine companies are held by SVB, and a bank president sits on the board of his wife’s charity.

Ken Klippenstein
March 14 2023, 12:03 p.m.

https://theintercept.com/2023/03/14/...-hes-a-client/

Quote:
ON MONDAY, California Gov. Gavin Newsom praised the Biden administration’s decision to intervene on behalf of Silicon Valley Bank’s clients after the bank was taken over by the FDIC on Friday amid a bank run. The White House “acted swiftly and decisively to protect the American economy and strengthen public confidence in our banking system,” Newsom said in a statement. What Newsom didn’t mention is that it also protected his own companies if they held over $250,000 in deposits.

CADE, Odette, and PlumpJack, three wineries owned by Newsom, are listed as clients of SVB on the bank’s website. Newsom also maintained personal accounts at SVB for years, according to a longtime former employee of Newsom’s who handled his finances, and who requested anonymity to avoid professional reprisal.

“Governor Newsom’s business and financial holdings are held and managed by a blind trust, as they have been since he was first elected governor in 2018,” Nathan Click, a spokesperson for Newsom, told The Intercept in an email.

Newsom also didn’t mention his wife Jennifer Siebel’s professional ties to the bank. In 2021, Silicon Valley Bank gave $100,000 to the charity founded by Siebel, the California Partners Project, at the request of Newsom. John China, president of SVB Capital and responsible for SVB’s funds management, is himself a founding member of the California Partners Project’s board of directors.

Newsom added on Monday that he had been in close contact with the administration about SVB. “Over the last 48 hours, I have been in touch with the highest levels of leadership at the White House and Treasury,” Newsom said of SVB’s collapse in a statement released on Saturday. Asked about the nature of the interactions, the governor’s deputy communications director Brandon Richards did not respond.

NEWSOM, A MULTIMILLIONAIRE who was a businessman before becoming a politician, has been dogged for years with ethics questions about his corporate holdings. When asked during his 2018 campaign for governor if he would sell his companies, Newsom reportedly replied, “These are my babies, my life, my family. I can’t do that. I can’t sell them.”

[Because he knows you the chumps will pay for his failed shady business dealings]

Instead, in December 2018, Newsom announced that he would establish the blind trust and give control of his trust to a family friend and attorney, Shyla Hendrickson. Under the arrangement, his sister, Hilary Newsom, retained her role as president of the governor’s PlumpJack Group, which includes hotels, wineries bars, restaurants, and liquor stores founded by Newsom.

The move echoed President Donald Trump’s decision in 2017 to move his companies into a blind trust that would be run by his sons. Ethics experts criticized the move as misleading, saying it was not meaningfully blind since Trump knew which companies he owned and put his sons in charge of his businesses in his stead. Walter Shaub, then the director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, slammed Trump’s arrangement as “not even halfway blind”.[/B]

[Sooo, someone just like Trump is running California]

Newsom also recently came under fire in the California press for allegedly abusing what are called behested payments: donations requested by politicians for any “legislative, governmental or charitable purpose.” Though California law stringently regulates campaign contributions and gifts to elected officials, there are no limits on behested payments like the $100,000 donation that Newsom requested from SVB for his wife’s charity. Last year, Newsom reported at least $23.7 million in payments to such groups at his behest.

SVB’s implosion on Friday represented the second-largest bank collapse in U.S. history and the first since the financial crisis of 2008. Over 90 percent of the bank’s depositors have over the $250,000 amount federally guaranteed by the FDIC.

The unmistakable class overtones of a bank whose clientele includes many tech investors — and wineries — has made for a bitter debate over the merits of the intervention.

“There is definitely a class element,” economist Dean Baker of the Center for Economic and Policy Research said of the federal intervention in an email to The Intercept. “Look at how easily we can toss tens of millions of dollars at people who couldn’t figure out how limits on FDIC deposit insurance work, but the idea of giving $10k in debt relief to a student who might have used bad judgment in taking out a loan when they were 18, gets so many people upset about moral hazard and individual responsibility.”

Perhaps no one embodied this contradiction more than Larry Summers, former Treasury secretary and a vocal critic of student debt relief. “This is not the time for moral hazard lectures or for lesson administering or for alarm about the political consequences of ‘bailouts,’” he said in a tweet on Sunday.

And the fookin’ OCD drunk Alzheimer’s idiots who are robbed keep shouting: “ya but what about Trump?”

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-14-23 at 09:17 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-23, 06:30 PM   #5320
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Fanatical polarization achieves a new milestone.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...micide-charges

You can always get even more broken.
Old 03-14-23, 07:14 PM   #5321
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Fanatical polarization achieves a new milestone.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...micide-charges

You can always get even more broken.
Oh wonderful the Brit government news paper attempting to persuade Europeans how better off they have it compared to the U.S. Good luck with that.

God forbid there are people who have different views on what constitutes life.

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw decades ago where a person pleading with god to send someone to solve the worlds problems. God responded saying “I do, but you keep killing them”

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-14-23 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-14-23, 08:02 PM   #5322
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
God forbid there are people who have different views on what constitutes life.

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw decades ago where a person pleading with god to send someone to solve the worlds problems. God responded saying “I do, but you keep killing them”
"The fact that we lack morality in many parts of the human race - its an indictment by and large of many religions, and so I leave it at that and I really exhort it as a public policy that we really really concentrate on that we keep religion out of politics and keeping a very very strong separation between church and state. Otherwise you will take the oppressive nature of the state, marrying it with the oppressive nature of religion, and that is the ultimate oppression on human beings." - Sen. Gravel, 2008

Old 03-14-23, 08:29 PM   #5323
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

No doubt much of the world’s ills can be attributed to organized religion.

From my own experiences and personal thoughts. I could care less about what religion or politics has to say. In my own opinion once flesh is conceived in the womb that new life is deserving of protection. To kill a life in the womb and then dissect it in the name of science is not oppressive? I think it’s closer to slavery than anything else. There’s big money in abortion and it doesn’t have jack squat to do with ‘pro choice’ or the health of the mother.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-14-23 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-14-23, 09:42 PM   #5324
Skybird
Soaring

An unstructured accumulation of cells is not an already organised organism with senses, stimuli perception and stimuli processing, no to mention awareness and self-awareness.

Obviously from a certain level of organisation and complexity on, this changes. And where to set the critical treshhold is the only thing I am willing to discuss. But to treat a tablespoon of slime with cells as a human, or animal, imo is grotesque. Mind and awareness need certain self-emerging, self-organizing cellular preconditions. Where this networking komplexity of specialsed cells lacks, there can be no mind. No awareness. There is only cosmos, but no logos. Such comlexity in a network must not necessarily be neural cells and their axions, maybe. Possible that it can also be the roots of trees in a forest, scientific research opens a perspective that such things maybe indeed are possible.

A drop of cellular slime however is not a realised human being. And potentials do not count, else we end up with arguing with the rights of children whose parents have not even been born yet.
Old 03-14-23, 09:58 PM   #5325
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
An unstructured accumulation of cells is not an already organised organism with senses, stimuli perception and stimuli processing, no to mention awareness and self-awareness.

Obviously from a certain level of organisation and complexity on, this changes. And where to set the critical treshhold is the only thing I am willing to discuss. But to treat a tablespoon of slime with cells as a human, or animal, imo is grotesque. Mind and awareness need certain self-emerging, self-organizing cellular preconditions. Where this networking komplexity of specialsed cells lacks, there can be no mind. No awareness. There is only cosmos, but no logos. Such comlexity in a network must not necessarily be neural cells and their axions, maybe. Possible that it can also be the roots of trees in a forest, scientific research opens a perspective that such things maybe indeed are possible.

A drop of cellular slime however is not a realised human being. And potentials do not count, else we end up with arguing with the rights of children whose parents have not even been born yet.
Any assumption regarding the presence or absence of awareness in any human animal remains just that: an unsupported as­sumption. I assume conception brings about awareness, you don’t. So then, at what point in the process do you draw the line where human life achieves awareness? When is it OK to kill it? Save the planet! But kill the unborn when convenient. How sick, twisted and demented we have become. Does Wendy, when she has just beaten Onkle Neal at a game of Texas Hold’em feel elated? I believe not. But there is nothing I can do to shore up those assumptions either.

Its been shown not a tablespoon but a fookin’ SINGLE CELL protozoa took hold of the end of a fibril, and backed off at an angle, as though to tear it loose. When the fibril would not give, the SINGLE CELL protozoon came in again, then backed away at a new angle, working the fibril loose, much as a dog might have done, working loose a chunk of meat. Watching that SINGLE CELL at work, not to anthropomorphize. Did it know what it was doing?

I could care less about religion and politics. Is a fetus as you say just a tablespoon of cells? Or are those cells aware and feel the pain and agony of it being ripped out from its mother’s womb? Do tell! As for me until proven otherwise I believe they should be protected.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-15-23 at 12:22 AM.