SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-12-23, 12:25 PM   #1
Martin11
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default TMO BH 2.0 Installation Help Needed

Hello everyone,

I apologize if the thread is in the wrong place (this is my first ever forum post on subsim), however I have been having a lot of trouble with installing TMO BH 2.0. I am no stranger to playing SH games, having already poured hundreds of hours into TWoS and at least 40 hours in FOTRSU, however I am still having trouble. I do not wish to sound insulting, but the installation instructions for TMO BH fall short of their intended goal and I find myself rather confused as to what I am supposed to do to get the mod running. This has lead to me installing TMO BH incorrectly as, even after following the installation instructions to the best of my understanding, the game crashes after trying to enter the watch deck or even on startup.

I have taken all necessary precautions (including deleting the saves folder and the steam folder after cleanly reinstalling the game), yet I am still at a loss as to what I am doing wrong.

Does the mod in question have to be installed on top of the default TMO v2.5? How does one go about installing the additional required mods in the README?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Martin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-23, 02:09 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Quote:
I do not wish to sound insulting,
Martin11! Welcome back to the surface after a long 6-year 'silent run'! If no help comes your way shortly, a PM to the everhelpful Propbeanie in SH4 matters will get the job done. As for "sounding insulting " that is considered an art form at

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-13-23 at 02:19 PM. Reason: hyphenating,crossing 't's, & dotting 'i's
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-23, 02:55 PM   #3
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin11 View Post
Hello everyone,

I apologize if the thread is in the wrong place (this is my first ever forum post on subsim), however I have been having a lot of trouble with installing TMO BH 2.0. I am no stranger to playing SH games, having already poured hundreds of hours into TWoS and at least 40 hours in FOTRSU, however I am still having trouble. I do not wish to sound insulting, but the installation instructions for TMO BH fall short of their intended goal and I find myself rather confused as to what I am supposed to do to get the mod running. This has lead to me installing TMO BH incorrectly as, even after following the installation instructions to the best of my understanding, the game crashes after trying to enter the watch deck or even on startup.

I have taken all necessary precautions (including deleting the saves folder and the steam folder after cleanly reinstalling the game), yet I am still at a loss as to what I am doing wrong.

Does the mod in question have to be installed on top of the default TMO v2.5? How does one go about installing the additional required mods in the README?

Hey Martin hi...
Help with installing TMO BH 2.0 needed
Welcome my guy...
First of all, I suggest you read here in order to fully understand the steps as well as the mods that you are going to use...
Read here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250635
the solution is already in hand if I may say so friendly Kal Maximus U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-23, 05:59 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin11 View Post
Hello everyone,

Are you using JSGME to activate the mod(s), and is it in the game folder? Run JSGME, and use "Tasks..." in the middle of the app window, and choose "Export activated mod list to -->" and then "Clipboard". Then, in the text window here for your reply, use the <Ctrl><V> key combination to "paste" the clipboard here. That will show us where your game is, and what mods you have activated. One big thing to remember when activating mods, even if all else has been done properly, is to empty the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) before playing the newly modded (or unmodded) game. The game runs off of the Save folder data, but any existing data of a same-name will not be overwritten by a mod activation. When you empty the Save folder, that forces the game to re-create the structure, using the newly modded game files. You do lose all current game progress and settings, but you cannot use them in the new config anyway...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote