SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Submarine Scale Models: Subs, Naval, Tanks, Planes, Trains, Space & Other
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-09, 04:29 PM   #1
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Default My little collection

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, if not then the best place would probably be the air-sim room down below.

Let me start with a little bit of background. My other half collects model kits of something called zoids, they're (for the most part) fairly easy to assemble, ready painted kits which have had a big following in Japan since the 1980s.
Now, when I say collect, I mean she has near on 200 of them. Thankfully some are at her parents, but a good majority imigrated with her a couple of years back. It took me a year and a half, but finally I got one of my shelves back in the bedroom

This has become my aeroplane shelf:

(Left to right:
MiG-29, Vulcan XH588, Sopwith Camel, Boeing 747, Spitfire, Hurricane, Sopwith Camel, Sea Harrier, Bf-109, F-117, B-2 Spirit, cockpitless A-10, F-117, AH-64, P-38, two F-14s, an F-18 and a SPAD S. XIII )

The jigsaw puzzle behind it is a thousand piece puzzle that my mother did and then we glued it onto some board and I thought that the shelf would make the perfect place for it.
It's nowhere near as detailed or as artfully made as the kit-built models seen elsewhere in this section, I have done Airfix kits many moons ago, but just haven't got the patience for them at the moment, but it's my little collection, and I am proud of it

(And yeah...they need a dust... )
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote