Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-08-18, 08:12 AM   #1921
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Try sleeping in the crypt instead of the bedroom

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-18, 08:54 AM   #1922
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Went to the doctor yesterday for a routine appointment. Got home and started feeling sick. I doubt there's any connection, but I went to bed at 1600 hours and slept until midnight. Still felt lousy so back to bed for two more. Up for a couple and back to bed again. I've been up about an hour now, and not feeling too bad, but not to good either. I'll just have to wait and see how the day goes.
Old 08-09-18, 04:26 AM   #1923
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Take plenty of fluids Steve and if no improvement after 24 hours....you already know the rest

Old 08-09-18, 06:38 AM   #1924
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Jim you been doing another one of your rain dances?

If so thanks, moderate light on going rain here.

Trimming of the bushes will have to wait still Friday. Caught up on some house work today and now having a cup of coffee.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-18, 10:38 AM   #1925
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Nah, still hot and sunny up here but I may polish up the tan on the sunbeds in a few weeks time in preparation for my visit to hurricane country.

You never know, I might be spending a fortnight in some hotel basement

Old 08-09-18, 11:34 AM   #1926
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon9 THE NEW NORMAL

^....still 'hot and sunny 'here as well but the ash from the
combined Mendocino fires is overcasting the California skies. It's a perverse benefit; like the Spartans at Thermopolae, our armies of firefighters ''can (literally)have their fight in the shade''!
Concurrently, 'spare the air'' is in effect... so no bbq'd burgers tonight! ATTENTION RESIDENT ARTIST EICHHÖRNCHEN: PAINT THIS BAD BOY :
<A CLASSIC STUDY IN RED ORANGE AND GREEN IMHO. I'VE TWICE DRIVEN INTO THE FIRE TO EVACUATE MY EIGHTY YEAR-OLD BURMESE CAT BREEDER: A FRIEND SINCE THE AGE OF 22, WHO IS SEVERELY HANDICAPPED. CAPTURING HER SEMI-FERAL CATS IS DIFFICULT AND GETTING THEM INTO CARRIERS FOR EVAC IS SCRATCHY WORK AND MY FORARMS SHOW IT!... SO FAR SHE'S ON 'STANDBY'. THE CAR IS LOADED WITH THE GARAGE DOOR LEFT UP IN CASE OF POWER FAILURE AND THE CATS ARE CAGED IN THE BACK SEAT WITH THE TRUNK FULL OF CAT FOOD AND KITTY LITTER. FORTUNATELY THE WINDS ARE FROM THE WEST SO IT LOOKS GOOD SO FAR..... ; AFTER MY FORTNIGHT TWIXT THE TWO 2017 NAPA FIRES, I'M GETTING USED TO THIS CRAP!!!.....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-09-18 at 12:44 PM. Reason: GRAMMATIC ERRORS TOUCHUPS
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-18, 11:58 AM   #1927
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Got everything crossed for you, Aktung
Old 08-09-18, 12:36 PM   #1928
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

cool TOIL, TRUCKIN', AND CAT-SCRATCH FEVER!

^ O THANKS! I HAD JUST MOVED THE FRIEND ON THE 'GLORIOUS' FORTH OF JULY (LAST MONTH) TO HER NEW HOME IN UKIAH FROM HER FIVE ACRES WITH A 'CATTED OUT' MOBILE HOME IN GEYSERVILLE 30 MILES TO THE SOUTH WHICH SHE WAS EVACUATED FROM IN THE 2017 FIRES. I DROVE THE HUGE RENTAL BOBTAIL TRUCK-(BEING AN EX TRUCKER NATURALLY....) WITH ALL HER STUFF AND A GROUP OF DEVOTED BURMESE CAT FRIENDS HELPED OUT. CAPTURING ALL THE CATS FOR TRANSPORT ON THAT OCCASION WAS A 4 HOUR CHORE AND I LITERALLY NEEDED ANTIBIOTICS AND PLENTY OF ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL SWABS FOR 'CAT SCRATCH FEVER' AS THEY BITE AND CLAW RIGHT THROUGH ANY GLOVES...WE WERE SINGING THIS AS WE RELENTLESS PURSUED THE FERAL FELINES WITH A HUGE RUBBER FISHNET...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 08-11-18, 05:03 AM   #1929
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2561232&postcount=1843 WHILE SAILING TODAY I NOTED THAT THE RED OAK VICTORY IS STILL MOORED AT THE MARITIME ACADEMY JUST ACROSS FROM MARE ISLAND AND IS APPARENTLY BEING REPAINTED AS THE SUPER-STRUCTURE WAS BEING SCRAPED BY CREWMEN. HER 2 BABCOCK & WILCOX HEADER TYPE BOILERS WERE FIRED UP, EMANATING STEAM, AND HER FLAGS WERE FLYING!... DOUBTLESS AFFORDING THIRDMATES AND SHIP'S ENGINEEERS-IN-TRANING AN OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY OLD-TIME WAR WINNING TECHNOLOGY AND SCRAPE PAINT-USEFUL MARITIME SKILLS! SEVERAL TIMES WE HEARD THE SHIP'S MIGHTY HORN SOUNDED AND DOES IT EVER RESONATE ACROSS THE WINDY CARQUINEZ STRAIT. < FROM THE SS AMERICAN VICTORY; ALSO A MUSEUM SHIP AT TAMPA, FLORIDA

Old 08-11-18, 05:09 AM   #1930
Chris K
Gunner

Downloads: 0

^ Take care Aktungbby!
Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 05:18 AM   #1931
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default IN SORE 'STRAITS'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
^ Take care Aktungbby!
YOUR CONCERN IS ....DULY NOTED>

Old 08-11-18, 05:20 AM   #1932
Chris K
Gunner

Downloads: 0

^Fine boat with company...and beer or wine.
Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 09:38 AM   #1933
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Currently trying to find some reasonably priced holiday insurance cover....there is so much out there

Old 08-11-18, 12:09 PM   #1934
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

cool "YOU'RE A BRAVER MAN THAN I GUNGA DIN"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Currently trying to find some reasonably priced holiday insurance cover....there is so much out there
https://www.comparethemarket.com/travel-insurance/content/mexico/

Quote:
tap water: not generally safe to drink or use to brush your teeth. Only drink bottled water and avoid ice in your drink. currency: the currency is the Mexican Pesos (M$). ATMs are plentiful in big cities, but due to the risk of being a target of pickpockets, you’re best off finding one inside a bank

Old 08-12-18, 09:10 AM   #1935
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ One of the sites I'm looking at cheers