SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-09-10, 08:14 PM   #91
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v0.0.5 released. See post #1 for details.

Now I'll try and figure out why torpedoing a carrier results in CTDs. I also have to fix the ship AI remaining in constant alert state after they detect their first contact.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 11:35 PM   #92
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

I am using version 0.05 of this MOD. I noticed that when I am stopped and I set depth to 100 Meters on my VIIC that it only dives to 87 Meters. you may want to ajust this floating issue a bit. I think increasing the submerged displacement value will make the depth more accurate. Currently when submerged moving ahead slow the boat drops from 87 Meters down to 93 Meters so it is taking a lot of extra battery power just trying to keep the submarine down to the specified depth of 100 Meters.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 01:41 AM   #93
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
did the CTD happen as soon as the torp hit the carrier? Was the carrier instantly destroyed by the torp?
Yes, it was as soon as the torpedo hit. When the mod was disabled the carrier did go up with a single hit (strange, but that's a whole different problem ).
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 08:01 AM   #94
Redtail
Seaman

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

TDW, I mentioned this a page or two back.Do the starshells come as part of the remit on the IR AI work? Perhaps you will deal with this under the AI tactics Would be nice as part of the eye candy side side of things
Redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 08:24 AM   #95
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
TDW, I mentioned this a page or two back.Do the starshells come as part of the remit on the IR AI work? Perhaps you will deal with this under the AI tactics Would be nice as part of the eye candy side side of things
once I get the mod stable (no CTDs which currently happens with torpedoing battleships and carriers) then I'll start adding eye candy

EDIT:

single carriers and single battleships don't cause CTDs when you torpedo them. It's only when they are part of a group......

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-10-10 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-10-10, 10:14 AM   #96
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Yes, it was as soon as the torpedo hit. When the mod was disabled the carrier did go up with a single hit (strange, but that's a whole different problem ).
did you have any other mods enabled at the time when this happened? Had you been already detected when the torp hit?
I just ran the single mission 'The Pedestal' and took out the carrier (which was the commander). As soon as the torp hit the planes all went up in flames, the carrier's back broke, and no CTD. Everything was ok
Old 07-10-10, 10:57 AM   #97
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Quote:
did you have any other mods enabled at the time when this happened? Had you been already detected when the torp hit?
I just ran the single mission 'The Pedestal' and took out the carrier (which was the commander). As soon as the torp hit the planes all went up in flames, the carrier's back broke, and no CTD. Everything was ok
TDW,

When I hit my QE yesterday I was also using Uboat killer mod. This may cause some conflicts. I installed that mod first, then yours.
Fattysbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 12:09 PM   #98
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattysbox View Post
TDW,

When I hit my QE yesterday I was also using Uboat killer mod. This may cause some conflicts. I installed that mod first, then yours.
figured out why the mod was causing CTDs on some ships the commander assigns ships to a tactic based on their distance from the enemy contact. Some of these ships have the ability to DC, some don't. Those that don't cause the CTD when they are asked to fire their DCs. I've fixed the problem and I'll be releasing v0.0.6 here soon.
That was one hell of a hard one to find and figure out
Old 07-10-10, 12:42 PM   #99
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
figured out why the mod was causing CTDs on some ships the commander assigns ships to a tactic based on their distance from the enemy contact. Some of these ships have the ability to DC, some don't. Those that don't cause the CTD when they are asked to fire their DCs. I've fixed the problem and I'll be releasing v0.0.6 here soon.
Good to hear you got that one fixed! Of course, I never really doubted that you would fix it

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 02:20 PM   #100
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Well done TDW, fault finding can be one tricky pain in the A**.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 07:59 PM   #101
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

turns out it wasn't the whole DC thing causing the CTD. It was my trying to issue a command for the ship assigned to the tactic to head to the contact's location when the contact was NULL. Game doesn't like trying to figure out NULL contacts
I've been testing this for about 3 hours now and it's stable I've added some new tactics and roles to the ships in v0.0.6. I'll be uploading it here very soon.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-10-10 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-10-10, 08:26 PM   #102
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v0.0.6 released. See post #1 for details.

Hopefully noone will experience CTDs anymore with this
Old 07-10-10, 08:39 PM   #103
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 04:09 PM   #104
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Thanks DarkWraith, this Community is indebted to you. You have made SH5 playable again.
Old 07-11-10, 05:04 PM   #105
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Thanks DarkWraith, this Community is indebted to you. You have made SH5 playable again.
thanks! the motivation for me is to make the game playable. Right now I still don't find it playable and thus more work needs to be done. I have much more to do on the AI yet