SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-27-22, 10:17 AM   #1
Rebel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0
Default the way I played the game

the game is silent Hunter three with GWX. I've never played the game, without GWX. So all the work, that the gray wolves team put into change. I can't identify what they did. capt LEAMAN did a great job of coordinating all the different people and things that they did to make, what I am now experiencing is a beautiful smooth run videogame. I'm, older now, life doesn't move as fast. I play at 100% there are different ways to play at 100%. Everything that can be placed at 100% is at 100% and the I in the sky is off. taking the time to slow down . I'm playing a career out of the second flotilla,out of WILHENLMSHAVEN. I played the other career options they're all have a learning curve. I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to the GWX people, some of which , I met. All be in the light
Old 09-28-22, 03:55 AM   #2
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
the game is silent Hunter three with GWX. I've never played the game, without GWX. So all the work, that the gray wolves team put into change. I can't identify what they did. capt LEAMAN did a great job of coordinating all the different people and things that they did to make, what I am now experiencing is a beautiful smooth run videogame. I'm, older now, life doesn't move as fast. I play at 100% there are different ways to play at 100%. Everything that can be placed at 100% is at 100% and the I in the sky is off. taking the time to slow down . I'm playing a career out of the second flotilla,out of WILHENLMSHAVEN. I played the other career options they're all have a learning curve. I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to the GWX people, some of which , I met. All be in the light
Rebel, I'm so glad you are still enjoying what we all built... and I'm really glad that we were able to meet and talk in Houston!

Just to let you know, of all unexpected things, I've managed to draw a great team together and we are working on GWX once again.

Hang in there, old friend.

Sink'em ALL!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 02:05 PM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Hi George, great to know you're okay my friend.

Permit me to second everything Kpt. Lehmann posted above.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 09:51 PM   #4
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93

The work the team did looks and sounds stunning more than a decade later.

It is a testament to how it compares well to other titles coming out that people are still working on installers, mod managers, hardware interfaces like wide screen support.

Truly a legacy to be proud of.
Old 10-03-22, 11:56 AM   #5
Rebel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 77
Default i am looking to play

putting in my two cents. How about a nightclub when the first patrol ends, make the women look good
Old 11-08-22, 10:32 PM   #6
Captain Drastic
Seaman

Downloads: 614
Default GWX still my choice.

I tried Living Silent Hunter when it first came out. The different ship types and the detailed port experiences were awesome. However, after extended play I noticed that being attacked by aircraft in the Bay of Biscay was noticeably rare, to the point where I just ran surfaced for a few days in the Biscay in 1944 and still no aircraft! Plus, the convoys did not zig-zag, and the GWX v6 mod has convoy zig-zag. So, I went back to GWX for more realism. All those extra ships in LSH just end up wrecked and burning when you come back to port anyway, darn that bug.
Captain Drastic is offline   Reply With Quote