SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-22, 12:09 AM   #4441
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

No, I don't, but I think it was a formality and it was Garland, not Biden, pushing it.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-22, 08:10 AM   #4442
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The point is it isn't a trivia burger and I don't believe I ever read any of your "headlines" anywhere. Pretty much anyone but Trump would now be arguing from inside a jail cell. He made the dung pie and now whines because he has to eat it.
Every media event, committee, accusation and investigation leading up to this event has been nothing burgers, boondoggles, dog and pony shows. It’s all been created and dreamed up in peoples heads by creative writing and tv drama. But not this one huh? Ya got’em now! Holdin’ on tight to that one are ya? You never know though, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-11-22 at 11:53 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-22, 12:00 PM   #4443
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
C'mon now, you can't seriously be arguing that Garland or any other Attorney General would have raided the house of a former US President without the knowledge and approval of his boss in the White House.
Exactly. What an embarrasing moment in US history. The sad thing is no one on the left sees that event as something bad. What's next? The Democrats see nothing wrong with the use of force to further their agenda.

I don't believe for one second that Garland didn't run this by the Chief Executive, his boss. And if he didn't what does that say about him? It was one thing to do that to Roger Stone, but a recent sitting President. It clearly shows that Biden, Garland, the DOJ and the FBI are now the American version of the KGB.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-22, 12:05 PM   #4444
Buddahaid

Your words, not mine.

Apparently a new GOP plan to win in 2024 is raising the voting age back to 21 to keep those 16 somethings away from the polls. Too bad it's fixed in the 26th amendment.

https://constitution.congress.gov/co.../amendment-26/

David Bowie
Old 11-11-22, 12:26 PM   #4445
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Your words, not mine.

Apparently a new GOP plan to win in 2024 is raising the voting age back to 21 to keep those 16 somethings away from the polls. Too bad it's fixed in the 26th amendment.

This talk of raising the voting age back to the original age of 21 has been going on since it was lowered to 18 in 1971.

As an adult looking back to the time when I was 18 years old, it’s probably not a bad idea to consider as this 2018 opinion points out.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/02/27...g-age-back-21/

Old 11-11-22, 12:33 PM   #4446
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Apparently a new GOP plan to win in 2024 is raising the voting age back to 21 to keep those 16 somethings away from the polls.
What Republican law maker is saying this? And what chance would a law like this have of clearing the President's desk before the 2024 election?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-22, 01:34 PM   #4447
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
This talk of raising the voting age back to the original age of 21 has been going on since it was lowered to 18 in 1971.

As an adult looking back to the time when I was 18 years old, it’s probably not a bad idea to consider as this 2018 opinion points out.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/02/27...g-age-back-21/
As an adult looking back to the time I was 18, I recall the drive behind it was if you were old enough to be drafted and die in Vietnam, you were old enough to vote for those who sent you there.

David Bowie
Old 11-11-22, 01:37 PM   #4448
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
As an adult looking back to the time I was 18, I recall the drive behind it was if you were old enough to be drafted and die in Vietnam, you were old enough to vote for those who sent you there.
Yes that was the reason, but it doesn’t make 18 year olds any more mature or knowledgeable. Tuff call. Even so, I don’t ever expect it to change no matter what the tv drama and creative writers would have me or you to believe. It’s another nothing burger.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-11-22 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-11-22, 06:43 PM   #4449
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Your words, not mine.

and according to biden and some dems every article of the consitution including the bill of rights can be change revoke or pee away if we don't like it
Old 11-11-22, 07:07 PM   #4450
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
and according to biden and some dems every article of the consitution including the bill of rights can be change revoke or pee away if we don't like it
Riiiight.

Looks like everyone is serving up nothing burgers today.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-11-22 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-11-22, 11:01 PM   #4451
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

“I respect the culture and the tradition and the concerns of lawful gun owners, Biden said from the White House. “At the same time, the Second Amendment, like all other rights, is not absolute.”
Old 11-11-22, 11:15 PM   #4452
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
“I respect the culture and the tradition and the concerns of lawful gun owners, Biden said from the White House. “At the same time, the Second Amendment, like all other rights, is not absolute.”
He's 100% correct, so what's the problem?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-22, 11:18 PM   #4453
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
He has a point, most rights do indeed have limits particularly when they collide with the rights of others. You have a constitional right to bear arms. Until you unlawfully brandish it which I think is illegal in all 51 states because it may cause others to become afraid. Then take for instance slavery, it is unlawful for anyone to enslave you. But guess what happens when you are convicted of a crime and sent to prison for brandishing a legally purchased firearm in public disturbing the peace and causing fear and panic? Your constitutional right to freedom just ended with the drop of the judges hammer and you become enslaved.

Read the entire sentence. Biden said he respected the culture, tradition and the concerns of LAWFUL gun owners. (That’s a good thing for any president to say regardless of party affiliation). Then the part where he says “At the same time, the Second Amendment, like all other rights, is not absolute.” Which is lawyer legalese speak for, don’t break the law because if you do. Not even the second amendment can save you. At least that’s what I got out of it.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-11-22 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-12-22, 01:35 AM   #4454
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
He has a point, most rights do indeed have limits particularly when they collide with the rights of others. You have a constitional right to bear arms. Until you unlawfully brandish it which I think is illegal in all 51 states because it may cause others to become afraid. Then take for instance slavery, it is unlawful for anyone to enslave you. But guess what happens when you are convicted of a crime and sent to prison for brandishing a legally purchased firearm in public disturbing the peace and causing fear and panic? Your constitutional right to freedom just ended with the drop of the judges hammer and you become enslaved.

Read the entire sentence. Biden said he respected the culture, tradition and the concerns of LAWFUL gun owners. (That’s a good thing for any president to say regardless of party affiliation). Then the part where he says “At the same time, the Second Amendment, like all other rights, is not absolute.” Which is lawyer legalese speak for, don’t break the law because if you do. Not even the second amendment can save you. At least that’s what I got out of it.

What I took from that is Biden thinks constitutionally guaranteed rights can be infringed upon. He's talked repeatedly about gun bans and other infringements. I don't buy at all that he was referring to law breakers.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-22, 07:12 AM   #4455
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I've mentioned it before. According to your 2nd Amendment you are allowed to carry a weapon.

Nowhere in the 2nd Amendment can I read what kind of weapon it has to be. Which for me indicate that it's up to you to decide what kind of weapon you want. On the other hand it also give the government carte blanche to add law to your 2nd Amendment saying Americans are free to carry only 9 mm pistol. Owner of bigger gun has to go through exercise and other things(Here I'm thinking psychological test and other test)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote