Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Republican cancel culture in action.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60254327
REALLY? Qanon, closes the National Butter Fly Center? That’s what you’re going with, keeping that Blue anon dream alive huh?

I’m inclined to think it has more to do with the U.S. Government, eminent domain, land acquisition and the Centers proximity to illegal immigration. Though stopped the plans to build the wall through those lands still exist I also read Border Patrol is going to light that place up at night. But you keep looking for those q-anon I keep hearing there everywhere, incognito I’m sure.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-03-22 at 08:03 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-22, 08:19 PM   #3092
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

You obviously have an ass hole like everyone else.

"The move comes after an emergency three-day closure over the weekend, sparked by a nearby rally over border security called We Stand America.

One week before the rally, two women showed up demanding to "see the rafts with the illegal crossing", the centre said in a statement last week.

They said that one person struck National Butterfly Centre executive director Marianna Trevino Wright and nearly ran over her son with their vehicle.

The person, who they identify as a political candidate in Virginia, can be heard claiming that the centre permits child rape, according to audio of the encounter provided to reporters.

The decision to close was made after a local Republican official warned her that the weekend event would feature a motor convoy, known as a "Trump train", that would probably stop at the centre."

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-22, 08:23 PM   #3093
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Threatening. Intimidation. Violence.

Fascism. Germany. 1930s.

Trump. USA. 2020s.

Threatening. Intimidation. Violence.

The names change. The patterns stay the same.

If somebody still wonders how a great cultural nation like Germany could have derailed so terribly 90 years ago, just look at the USA today, there you see the Why in action.
Old 02-03-22, 08:33 PM   #3094
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Not only does it seem eminent domain land acquisition, wall plans and close proximity to illegal border crossings, legal battles took its toll. Butterfly center is a private organization and relies on private donations. So I’ll add lockdowns, loss of business, personal income, inflation etc etc probably nailed the coffin shut.

But if you all want to go down the conspiracy theory road of fascism, Trump, q-anon, and right wing extremism have fun

Old 02-03-22, 08:40 PM   #3095
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

That BBC story is long on innuendo, and short on verifiable facts.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-22, 08:53 PM   #3096
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not only does it seem eminent domain land acquisition, wall plans and close proximity to illegal border crossings, legal battles took its toll. Butterfly center is a private organization and relies on private donations. So I’ll add lockdowns, loss of business, personal income, inflation etc etc probably nailed the coffin shut.

But if you all want to go down the conspiracy theory road of fascism, Trump, q-anon, and right wing extremism have fun
Of course they did, but the wall is not there.

And yes, it is just reporting that needs to be fact checked, but I have no trouble believing it is basically factual.

And as far as the closure goes, don't cops justify discharging their firearms by stating they felt threatened even when it turns out there was no threat at the time? Who gets to rate how much somebody should feel threatened before acting?

David Bowie
Old 02-04-22, 07:51 AM   #3097
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

It’s right up there with the AP headline of how Russia is weaponizing cuddly puppies.

Can’t wait for the congressional inquiry to begin. They’ll get to the bottom of this caper! Any day now, tic toc tic toc, low hanging fruit and all that jazz.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-04-22 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-04-22, 09:17 AM   #3098
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

What Was Chuck Schumer Thinking?

Quote:
I think Senate Democrats must still be digesting the absolutely bizarre signed, written arrangement Schumer reached with Manchin back on July 28 — which laid out detailed if (sort of) nonbinding terms for Manchin’s engagement with the Democrats’ social-spending bill that both senators then kept secret from most other Senate Democrats for two months. I can’t think of a more imprudent and downright strange move by a party leader in the modern Congress.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...umer-thinking/

Quote:
CNN’s Edward-Isaac Dovere and Manu Raju report that the agreement was even more secret than it seemed:

The Senate majority leader, though, didn’t tell House Speaker Nancy Pelosi about the document, who later made clear that she felt blindsided. As has never been previously disclosed, Schumer also didn’t tell President Joe Biden or top White House aides. They didn’t find out until after months of work and drama trying to get a $3.5 trillion bill written even though Manchin told Schumer his limit was $1.5 trillion.

Looking back, many involved in the negotiations wonder if that was one of the fatal flaws that now leaves them without the President’s signature legislation and headed into midterms with a narrative of dysfunction
Quote:
So Chuck Schumer may turn out to be personally responsible for the collapse of the Democrats’ agenda to a degree we’ve never really seen in a leader in the modern Congress. And it’s hard to see what he was even trying to achieve by doing what he did. Just bizarre.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 12:46 AM   #3099
Buddahaid

Guess who next gets to be labeled a RINO?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60266121

David Bowie
Old 02-05-22, 08:22 AM   #3100
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
LOL, The powers that be in this Administration are looking for a scapegoat to explain their failure to pass Biden's bill. Senator Manchin was quite clear and steadfast in his opposition of that bill. His reasons were also public knowledge months before the "final vote" on the bill. It was up to Biden to compromise if He wanted that bill to pass.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 01:31 PM   #3101
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

I still haven't even bothered to find out what this QAnon thing is. I guess I should as I'm probably viewed as a member, or the FBI has me on it's rolls as a member or some such. I do kind of like the headdress though.

I'm probably listed on the new enemies list as being part of some militia for fat guys too.
Old 02-05-22, 01:42 PM   #3102
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I know I'm on 1 list and probably MANY more!
I was looked into back when the 'Beltway Snipers' were active.
Old 02-05-22, 03:03 PM   #3103
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
It’s right up there with the AP headline of how Russia is weaponizing cuddly puppies.

Can’t wait for the congressional inquiry to begin. They’ll get to the bottom of this caper! Any day now, tic toc tic toc, low hanging fruit and all that jazz.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 03:31 PM   #3104
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Guess who next gets to be labeled a RINO?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60266121
Except that Pence was a known RINO before Trump even brought him on as Veep. It's only now that the left is trying to raise a stink over it because they think it will exacerbate division within the republican party to match the train wreck of authoritarian minded karens that the democrats have become. Back when he was still in office such a term applied to Pence would have been rejected by the very jerks that are trying to make a big deal about it now.

Unfortunately for them it not going to have much effect. Most of the GoP old guard departed back in '20 along with Pence and have been replaced already and the GoP base is not going to tolerate their return to party power.

Of course you know that in reality Trump never asked Pence to overthrow the constitution, but rather send the electors back to the states for recertification of the results. At most it was a delaying tactic that Pence quite correctly did not pursue as without a willingness by the states to actually investigate claims of fraud, which they obviously were not, would not have changed the outcome of the election anyways.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 03:51 PM   #3105
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

But it is Trump who now calls for Pence to be accused. And while the "democrats" probably profit from the outcome it was not them who now started this "stink". I mean you cannot blame all of the Donald's lies and BS on the democrats?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote