SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-20, 06:31 AM   #1
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

I just want to let you know Kapuhy that your new ship pack has revealed for me few hidden problems in some previously imported TWoS v2.2.19 units.

I have already solved the problem and updated existing v2.2.19 installer and the update but I will officially announce the changes in the next update...

Namely, several dat imported units (recently added type XIV sub, Japanese subchaser and probably Modern Cargo Ship) had few remaining old SH3 controllers which could (from some reason) clash with your files and cause CTD when rendered in the same playing session.

As I said , the problem is now solved and it can be avoided for current TWoS v2.2.19 users simply by re downloading and applying v2.2.xx to v2.2.19 update again.

Once again, great work and thank you!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 10:08 AM   #2
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1

Looks very great!
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 06:31 AM   #3
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I have already solved the problem and updated existing v2.2.19 installer.
Do i still need to install the Little_ships_v_1_0_TWOS_2_2_19_fix?

Michael
Old 07-11-20, 06:48 AM   #4
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin-nl View Post
Do i still need to install the Little_ships_v_1_0_TWOS_2_2_19_fix?

Michael
If you use TWoS, yes - this file is not for fixing conflict vdr1981 mentioned, but to add to my ships features that only work with TWoS (custom TWoS damage zones and roster/group entries for countries and groups that do not exist in stock game).
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 06:55 AM   #5
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant

Downloads: 246

Thanks Kapuhy
Old 07-12-20, 10:40 PM   #6
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

All of the ships look excellent. the details are very well made.

Also, I've noticed that even many professional game designers tend to get the proportions of ship's parts wrong - here everything looks properly sized.

And that's an unfortunate story about the "Kanal", I guess it shows all the weird things that can go wrong when you are on the water....!
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-20, 07:21 AM   #7
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

I need a small advice Kapuhy.
Do you know will any of of ship/effects functionality will be lost if I change "unknown" class settings to "none" in fx files?

I'm asking this because I've noticed that the only way to add new version of Rosomaha's C3 ship to TWoS is to do previously mentioned tweak in your new small ships files...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-20, 12:12 PM   #8
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Uploads: 3

Quote:
Do you know will any of of ship/effects functionality will be lost if I change "unknown" class settings to "none" in fx files?

I'm asking this because I've noticed that the only way to add new version of Rosomaha's C3 ship to TWoS is to do previously mentioned tweak in your new small ships files...
I didn't try to do that, but only thing I imagine might be affected is SH5-style fireworks.

As far as I understand them (someone correct me on this if I got it wrong) fx files are responsible for SH5 fires/explosions. Each hull part has one huge SH5 style damage zone, nodes in FX gr2 file govern where an effect will play and I guess what kind of effect will play is decided by whatever follows "ObjectCtrlsRef@" in text fx file.

Since I relased the pack before I learned how to move the fx bones (the trick, it appears, was to change one line in Shipname.1st file...), I disabled most of the SH5 effects anyway, except for those that coincidentally were in right places despite hull shape change. Only exception is Large Fishing Trawler - since in this case ship shape didn't change much I kept most effects from original.

From my tests before, ships will function just fine even if you outright delete all fx related stuff - including breaking up, that is not dependant on fx file as well. They will just have less fires and explosions while sinking.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-20, 07:20 AM   #9
Rosomaha
Loader

Quote:
...I'm asking this because I've noticed that the only way to add new version of Rosomaha's C3 ship to TWoS is to do previously mentioned tweak in your new small ships files...
Hi, captains.
I didn't understand what is the connection between C3 and Little Ships of SH5. Why is it necessary to change something in kapuhy ships because of C3? Can someone explain in more detail?
Old 07-19-20, 10:30 AM   #10
Rosomaha
Loader

Quote:
I think I'm beginning to guess what you're talking about ... at the editorial office .fx files in GoblinEditor in addition to merging key files, you need to restore the communication to the effects file. I.e., perform a "Merge” of open fx files with Baza_FX. dat. in this case, “unknown " will get their names in the list of the program window, they are available for selection, and will even be visible in the view. if the communication ("Merge”) is not set, changes to one conroller can reset all other values to Null – Yes, if I remember correctly this could happen… if of course we are talking about the same phenomenon.