SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-23, 01:56 PM   #91
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Bitting my nails right now...so excited!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 01:36 AM   #92
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
Cheers, lobomarinho.

It is always good to see an old salt from the Happy Times here.
I am sorry to hear about your tough health problems.

I wish that we could release it tomorrow.

However, you know how it is.
It is a massive animal, and because that is so, it has to spend a lot of time in in the big cooking pot.

Things are going very well for us. However, I don't want you to wait on us. It will be ready when it is ready.

Do this for yourself: For now, choose a different mod package and go on patrols. Sink stuff. Get depth-charged. Be inside the sim... and consciously choose to accept things that you might otherwise feel are not what you would hope for.

We have a little experience with our own health problems on the GWX Dev team... and I can say to you that getting immersed in the game itself... even if it is sometimes only sailing on the surface and listening to the wind and waves.... is often GOOD MEDICINE. The distraction, even when you can't always think straight because of the suffering, does a fair job of actually putting some of that pain to one side.

Heck, there's even been a fair bit of research using VR games with burn victims as a form of pain relief.

Don't wait for GWX-KC to do that, fellow Grey Wolf. GWX-KC is coming, but it is huge and ponderous. Each of us on the team has invested hundreds of hours.... if not thousands EACH.... and there remains much work ahead of us.

It can only be ready when it is ready.
Neal Stevens once described GWX as being the 'gold standard' of SH3 modding. What that also means for us though, is that we can never lower that bar. Keep the faith. Keep sailing....

.... and SINK'EM ALL!

To everyone: There is no wish list. We have chosen what we will be doing and our path to accomplish it. We also know that (as in days past) though most of what we are doing will likely be loved, there will also be parts that may become controversial and may not be loved as much. The same is true of any modwork out there.

In the meantime, enjoy yourselves.... don't stress.
Good,Luck and if your in Ukraine. And Zelenskiy is your best bet. Then put your heart in Joe Biden only Joe can save your country.The smartest of not only your own people.Good bye.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 01:46 AM   #93
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
Cheers, lobomarinho.

It is always good to see an old salt from the Happy Times here.
I am sorry to hear about your tough health problems.

I wish that we could release it tomorrow.

However, you know how it is.
It is a massive animal, and because that is so, it has to spend a lot of time in in the big cooking pot.

Things are going very well for us. However, I don't want you to wait on us. It will be ready when it is ready.

Do this for yourself: For now, choose a different mod package and go on patrols. Sink stuff. Get depth-charged. Be inside the sim... and consciously choose to accept things that you might otherwise feel are not what you would hope for.

We have a little experience with our own health problems on the GWX Dev team... and I can say to you that getting immersed in the game itself... even if it is sometimes only sailing on the surface and listening to the wind and waves.... is often GOOD MEDICINE. The distraction, even when you can't always think straight because of the suffering, does a fair job of actually putting some of that pain to one side.

Heck, there's even been a fair bit of research using VR games with burn victims as a form of pain relief.

Don't wait for GWX-KC to do that, fellow Grey Wolf. GWX-KC is coming, but it is huge and ponderous. Each of us on the team has invested hundreds of hours.... if not thousands EACH.... and there remains much work ahead of us.

It can only be ready when it is ready.
Neal Stevens once described GWX as being the 'gold standard' of SH3 modding. What that also means for us though, is that we can never lower that bar. Keep the faith. Keep sailing....

.... and SINK'EM ALL!

To everyone: There is no wish list. We have chosen what we will be doing and our path to accomplish it. We also know that (as in days past) though most of what we are doing will likely be loved, there will also be parts that may become controversial and may not be loved as much. The same is true of any modwork out there.

In the meantime, enjoy yourselves.... don't stress.
Good,Luck and if your in Ukraine. And Zelenskiy is your best bet. Then put your heart in Joe Biden only Joe can save your country.The smartest of not only your own people.Good bye.Sorry Capt.But sometimes with a new, wonderful and sensitive new cognitive we all get lost.Don't me i'm just a guy that lives in the USA.It doesn't mean much here any more.

Last edited by Gorpet; 02-20-23 at 01:59 AM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 04:56 AM   #94
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786
Default OoooKaaay?

Huh?
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 07:03 AM   #95
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Been away from Sub Sims for yrs and am trying to get back into them but for one thing....my eyesight is not as it used to be and I fear I am getting too old to enjoy the game at a young 52.I know many here are getting up there in yrs so I make the suggestion of increasing the size of tools and decluttering them for ease of use as we age.

The below complaints are with the ARB Wide GUI but please don't take offense as I really love it but for my reasons below.

When I click the recognition manual I have a hard time seeing such small letters and on top of that the whole book is really dark.Even if the letters were slightly larger if the book is trying to simulate something by being so dark I just cant read it and the manual is worthless to me.

Next is the U-jagd in upper right corner is small and I cant read the numbers at all.Maybe one line is readable for me.

The compasses have so many lines and letters that I cant make anything out.Its so cluttered and I wonder why so many lines are needed? The small compass in lower right is cluttered with so many lines I must stare at it,squint,try to figure it out and then carefully click the tiniest line.Looking at an actual compass built into the sub and I can find North and everything else super easy.I can quickly set bearing for 30deg or set course for 190deg.The inner ring is a bearing indicator while the outer ring is the actual compass.

Just an example of a gui with a small U-jagd.Why not make it larger as the screen has the room for it.
https://i.postimg.cc/sDFD5HPk/hc-uzo.jpg

EDIT: just fired up stock SH3 and my eyes are not straining.The recognition manual is very legible and very bright and hence easy to read.Looking thru scopes and the heading at top is easily readable.The compass is the simple inner and outer ring and easy to make adjustments.Its the GUIs are trying to add in too much IMO and it clutters it all.

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 02-20-23 at 07:14 AM.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-23, 10:28 AM   #96
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Wolfstriked! after a 9 year 'silent run'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-23, 02:28 PM   #97
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Lord has it been that long? Its good to be back but 9 yrs?? I am kinda shook LOL
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-23, 09:03 PM   #98
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Huh?
I think it's dementia taking its toll.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 06:50 PM   #99
J0313
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3 View Post
I think it's dementia taking its toll.
No, I just don't understand why he's talking about Ukraine when it has nothing to do with the post he was replying to. Besides this isn't a political forum.
Old 02-27-23, 04:06 AM   #100
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
No, I just don't understand why he's talking about Ukraine when it has nothing to do with the post he was replying to. Besides this isn't a political forum.
That’s what I mean.

There seems to be a trend in his posting of late.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 05:03 AM   #101
J0313
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3 View Post
That’s what I mean.

There seems to be a trend in his posting of late.
I see. Sorry I didn't understand you. You are probably right though. Or he's stoned out of his mind LOL! I've actually never heard of the guy before.
Old 03-02-23, 08:56 AM   #102
Steve_i400
Swabbie

Downloads: 17

Hello, I'd like to report a little annoying bug I've found in the current GWX, so you guys can fix it if you'd like for the new update(edition?).
I'll just start off by saying I'm no expert on how SH3 works...
there is a bug when swapping to a new boat keeps the name of the old one, so you get a type 7C "U-11" for instance.
I believe the reason for this is that the new type of submarine becomes available a few months before the real type did, so the game is unable to find a matching name, because none existed at the time, thus the list of available names is empty and the name is not changed from the old type. This could probably be fixed by making it so players unlock new submarines later or messing with some file somewhere that determines which names become available when...
As I've said I'm no expert so this could be very wrong, its just my theory, trying to help.
Thanks for updating this amazing mod!
edit: i should probably add that I only noticed this on the Type VIIC, the type seems to be available 2ish months too soon to have a name.

Last edited by Steve_i400; 03-02-23 at 09:05 AM.
Steve_i400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 02:32 PM   #103
Tigerzhunters
Frogman

Downloads: 96

System Req?

Tigerzhunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 11:47 PM   #104
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Sent some traffic your way!!! A link to this thread has been posted at Wolves of the Kaiser on FB. There was a question if WOTK will have WWII units; I explained my mod is WWI only, but recommended GWX for a great World War II experience.

We do get some subsimmers in the Wolves of the Kaiser group but we also get casual naval sim players; many probably don't use subsim regularly and may not even know about the old GWX versions - let alone this edition. So this will clearly interest them. That's the great thing about subsims; there's something for everyone and every time period.

Aside from what we've already talked about I am eager to contribute more and return to the WWII theater once my workload decreases! All the best.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-23, 01:28 AM   #105
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Very cool of you, Iambecomelife.

Thank you.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote