Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-22, 12:34 PM   #6451
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

The general says around @15:32 what Germany is providing doesn’t always get the best media coverage and IMO is true. Oh, he also said they’ll be sending a colony of well trained and armed German Beavers to help Ukraine. (No, not the small furry kind but the bridge laying tank kind of beavers )

Personally I think some people’s perception of the German response has been on account of the half hearted wish washy responses of Olaf. I’ve notice lately Annalena Baerbock working on damage control trying to clear things up a bit and show Germany has been doing quite a bit more than people realize.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-18-22 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-18-22, 12:47 PM   #6452
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-18-22, 12:51 PM   #6453
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-18-22, 12:55 PM   #6454
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Putin is failing all his military-strategic tasks, he wanted to conquer Ukraine, this will not happen, - Commander-in-Chief of Armed Forces of Great Britain Radakin

The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Great Britain, Admiral Sir Tony Radakin, believes that Russian President Vladimir Putin is "failing" all of his military-strategic goals in the war against Ukraine.

"At the very beginning, we said that this (attack on Ukraine. - Ed.) was a strategic mistake by President Putin, and strategic mistakes lead to strategic consequences. In this case, it is a strategic failure. Putin is failing in all his military-strategic tasks, he wanted to conquer Ukraine, this will not happen," he emphasized.

The British commander-in-chief noted that he was unable to achieve any strategic goal: he did not capture Kyiv and did not weaken NATO, because right now Sweden and Finland are joining the alliance, strengthening the alliance.

"He (Putin. - Ed.) is under pressure, his problems are growing. He has always had problems with the equipment he has. He does not have enough manpower. His forces are weak on the ground," Radakin added.

At the same time, the admiral said that the Ukrainian-Russian conflict is likely to "protract for a long time" despite the recent successes of the Ukrainian military.

It will be recalled that the President of Ukraine Zelensky announced that since the beginning of September, the Armed Forces of Ukraine liberated from the Russian occupiers more than 6 thousand square kilometers in the east and south of the country. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3367935

Old 09-18-22, 01:00 PM   #6455
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

There is no sense in negotiations and meeting between Zelensky and Putin yet - PO

Mykhailo Podoliak, an adviser to the head of the President’s Office, said that there is currently no sense in the negotiation process between Ukraine and the Russian Federation, nor in the personal meeting of Volodymyr Zelensky with Vladimir Putin.

"To put it briefly, there is absolutely no sense in the negotiation process as such, and in the personal meeting of the presidents so far," the politician said.

Podolyak explained it as follows: "Firstly, the Russian Federation still believes that it has enough resources to record some results. Second, any meeting today is exclusively a game of traditional Russian history: we fix the status quo, we are dancing "lying Minsk dances", we are starting a new stage of escalation. An operational pause and more. And thirdly, Russia must answer for large-scale crimes and not hide behind impunity. Therefore, the war must reach the only possible end. There is no other way."

That is why, Podolyak noted, there is currently no topic of a bilateral meeting on the agenda. "Moreover, we are not at all interested in meetings for the sake of meetings or the same banal Russian negotiation "scenario". We are interested in the liberation of occupied territories, significant tactical defeats of the Russian Federation, mandatory large-scale legal processes. Everything else is a derivative of this," he said.

At the same time, the adviser to the head of the OP emphasized that the meeting of the presidents is possible if it is preceded by the complete withdrawal of Russian troops, and the subject of the conversation will be "discussion of post-war life, including the scope of reparations, compensation for damages and the extradition of criminals."

As reported by Ukrinform, during the regional summit in Uzbekistan (SCO and CSTO - ed.) on Friday, Putin promised to continue the attack on Ukraine and warned that Moscow could intensify attacks on Ukraine's infrastructure if Ukrainian troops strike targets in Russia Then Putin stated that the "liberation" of the entire eastern Donbas is Russia's main military goal and that he sees no need to revise it. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3367960

Old 09-18-22, 01:49 PM   #6456
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Are you sure they aren't receiving their marching orders?
Old 09-18-22, 04:05 PM   #6457
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
The general says around @15:32 what Germany is providing doesn’t always get the best media coverage and IMO is true. Oh, he also said they’ll be sending a colony of well trained and armed German Beavers to help Ukraine. (No, not the small furry kind but the bridge laying tank kind of beavers )

Personally I think some people’s perception of the German response has been on account of the half hearted wish washy responses of Olaf. I’ve notice lately Annalena Baerbock working on damage control trying to clear things up a bit and show Germany has been doing quite a bit more than people realize.

Fact is that German deeds are not up to German words, that many claimed deliveries in fact are projects that may or may not be realised in the future, that promises to Ukraine that they could - at their own bill - order from the German industry directly what want and the chancellor will allow it, were lied, and that the relevance of weapons demanded by Ukraine reflect the need of the current pohase of the war, with its hcnagign chgarcateric challewnges and demands. Thats why they desperately demanded IFVs for example for their offensive, did not get them - and so have to moive hiuge treoops contignents in unprtected tehjcncila sna minivans instead - not a pleasure when driving in range of Russian artillery and machine cannon fire. Fact also is that Schoolz is constantlky showing off with how great a man he is and what Germany all does - he seriously claimed we were the biggest weapon supplier to Ukraine, mind you. The statistics are known, German ranks only on 16th rank, and most of the money it promised to the Ukraine has not been paid out, too.

I am not abpout equipment formt he Budnesxwehr. It is clear that the Germna army is in such a shabby shape that it is prqatcially impossibloe to give away any more stuff from iuts own reserves, but we talk about deals with the industry and delieveries form idnustry pools, not the armed forces, deals the Ukraine was told months ago it could sign and do and that would be accpeted by the giovenrment - and then get endlessly blocked by the chancellor since months and months without reacting to Ukrianians questions about it.

What use is that ultra-modern german air defence system (one), that is not even in service with the German forces, that egts dleivere dnot before Decembre, if not later? New artillery that gets delivered not before late 2025? Tank and IFVs they need to push their offensive and thenm hold the ground retaken over winter, that do not get delivered, never? Instead only armoured mionivans and minitrucks? Fine, Diungos are said to have nice mine protection. But artillery fire, machine cannon fire, RPGs...???

Germany always delivers too late, and onyl after maximum pressure by all others, and only when it has no other chance to escape, and Scholz constantly lies about the reaosns and the weight of the German deeds. While at the same time boasting and posing to the max, its ridiculous - and embarassing. That Biden doe snto doleuver Abrams, is due to the midterm elections, he cannot need those pictures in the press right now. But germany? Everybody is püressing the Germnas to send Leopard-2A4 formt he insutry ad, and Marders formt he indiustry. Scholz doe snot do it - becasue he is inti8mdated by Russian thgreats of nuzckear war, and becasue he hopoes that after the war Germany'S energy worries will be eased again by more deliveries from Russia again.

That he extends the war with his hesitation instea dof dpoing all he can to cut it shorter by dleivewr8ing Russia a crushing defeat earlier, comes not to his mind.

So, really, no need to defend the German government here Germany. "Who demands leadership from me, will get leadership form me", Scholz boasted earlier this years. "Germany is willing to take a military lead role in NATO and Europe", says his clueless carricature of a defence minister just days ago. And while the 100 billion budget already has been watered down again, Scholz boasted two or three weeks ago that Germany is on the way to become Europes biggest and most capable military within his current term. The Greens confront him. The FDP confront him - and these are his coalition partners! The CDU opposition confronts him. The Nazis and the SED of course say we should stop support for Ukraine and buy gas from Russia again, but these are the usual suspects of whom you do not expect anything different.

I wanr you and everybody of Scholz (I always did). He is a dazzler and a loudmouth. A diffuse, endlessly shape-shifting and never clearly identifiable cloud of fog made of Teflon-coated glossy particles that cannot be grasped, named, defined, and that is panic-stricken by the fear of doing anything or appearing as anything for which it would have to take responsibility and for which it might later actually be held accountable. Nothing Scholz wants to do less than to lead. He just wants to appear to be doing it without taking responsibility for real leadership. A coward and a weasel. Already as mayor of Hamburg. Already as minister of finance. Now as chancellor. He ahs ntio chnage,d and he has not grown with the office. Like he did in the past years, so he does today today.

And I predicted exactly this, and nothing else.

Do not trust Germany.
Old 09-18-22, 05:23 PM   #6458
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

They ask the correct question

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 09-18-22, 09:25 PM   #6459
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Fact is that German deeds are not up to German words, that many claimed deliveries in fact are projects that may or may not be realised in the future,…
Do not trust Germany.
Not gonna argue, if anyone ought to know it would be someone living there having to deal with it every day. I’m just a bystander on outside looking in.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 09-19-22, 04:52 AM   #6460
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Fact is that German deeds are not up to German words, that many claimed deliveries in fact are projects that may or may not be realised in the future,…
Do not trust Germany.
The problem is chancellor Scholz and people like Sarah Wagenknecht.
While even the 'greens' Habeck and Mrs Baerbock are FOR sending main battle tanks and letting nuclear plants run longer (the latter is difficult to convince your voters with, if you got voted by promising to end this), but it is Scholz who blocks it every time.
From the US statement there is no Nato order to "only send tanks if all Nato does it", to trying to help Ukraine win and end the war, it is always Scholz intervening.
I think the german problem is that our chancellor Scholz is Putin's man, even more than Trump who was just too dumb to see through it. Scholz is not, and he had and has the contacts.
And maybe Putin could just destroy him by publishing the Cum-Ex scandal and Scholz' involvement.
Yeah i know it's all conspiracies

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 09-19-22, 06:22 AM   #6461
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Fact is that German deeds are not up to German words, that many claimed deliveries in fact are projects that may or may not be realised in the future...

Do not trust Germany.
Very well put Sky

I'd go one step further and threaten Germany with expulsion from NATO but we all know that will never happen.

Old 09-19-22, 06:25 AM   #6462
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Putin Tells Europe To Undo Sanctions For Gas: 'If You Have An Urge, If It's So Hard For You, Just Lift The Sanctions'

Russian President Vladimir Putin said that if Europe wants more gas, it should lift sanctions on the Nord Stream 2 pipeline.

What Happened: While speaking to the media at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit in Uzbekistan on Friday, Putin said Russia had nothing to do with Europe's energy crisis. He blamed the EU for its "green agenda" causing the energy crisis and said the Kremlin would fulfill its energy obligations.

"The bottom line is, if you have an urge, if it's so hard for you, just lift the sanctions on Nord Stream 2, which is 55 billion cubic meters of gas per year, just push the button and everything will get going," he said, Reuters reported.

Nord Stream 2 was built a year ago and is laid on the bed of the Baltic Sea, almost parallel to Nord Stream 1. However, days before Russia invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24, Germany decided not to proceed with the project.

Following the invasion, Russian supplies declined, leading to soaring gas prices in Europe. Now, the escalating standoff between the West and Russia over the latter's invasion of Ukraine is expected to push sky-high European gas prices up even further.

Brussels has often accused the Kremlin of weaponizing energy supplies in retaliation for Western sanctions. At the same time, Putin's government has also blamed those sanctions for causing gas supply problems.
https://www.benzinga.com/government/...ce=parsely-api

Old 09-19-22, 06:41 AM   #6463
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ukraine claims control of key Oskil river on front line

Ukrainian forces say they have regained control of the east bank of the River Oskil, seen as the front line with Russian troops in north-east Ukraine.

Russia's army has been almost completely pushed out of the Kharkiv region and a regional leader said the next target would be neighbouring Luhansk.

President Volodymyr Zelensky said the next offensive was being prepared.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62952641

Old 09-19-22, 06:47 AM   #6464
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russian pop megastar Alla Pugacheva condemns conflict

One of Russia's most popular singers, Alla Pugacheva, has called on the Russian authorities to declare her a "foreign agent", in solidarity with her strongly anti-war husband Maxim Galkin.

A showbiz star too, he was labelled a "foreign agent" on Friday after condemning Russia's attack on Ukraine.

On social media Pugacheva called her husband "a true incorruptible Russian patriot, who wants... an end to our lads dying for illusory aims".

She has been a big star for decades.

She said the Kremlin's "illusory aims" in Ukraine "make our country a pariah and the lives of our citizens extremely difficult".

Galkin, a comedian, TV presenter and singer, wanted "prosperity for his motherland, peace, free speech", she added.

The label "foreign agent" has been applied by the Russian government to various media organisations, campaign groups and individuals openly critical of Kremlin policies.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62948146

Old 09-19-22, 06:55 AM   #6465
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Closed Thread