SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-19-10, 04:02 AM   #1
Captain Sub
Gunner

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default US orders complete blackout over torpedoing of d.w. horizon oilrig

Looks like the controlled mainstream press is spewing as much BS here as they did on the Kursk disaster like as if the oilrig somehow magically sunk by itself or jet fuel melting steel frames LOL.

Here is a more plausible report i.m.o.

http://www.eutimes.net/2010/05/us-or...exico-oil-rig/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

kind regards,

Paul
Captain Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 06:05 AM   #2
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14

So, is there any actual irrefutable engineering analysis of the oil rig disaster linking it to a North Korean torpedo attack...OR...am I going to find some tinfoil hat BS from a bunch of basement dwelling conspiracy theorists who don't actually understand what they're talking about?

Subnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 10:19 AM   #3
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

The real BS being spewed by the mainstream media is all the hype about the impending biggest enviromental disastor of all time.

Yet a month later still no signs of oil ashore or oil covered birds etc. The media went crazy over some tar balls that washed up in key west. However they turned out to not be from the DW site.

I grew up in South Florida and I distincly remember tar balls washing up on the beach some 40 years ago. Nature leaks oil all the time.

Meanwhile BP is bending over handing out tons of cash and working hard (sucessfully by the way) to limit the leak yet they are still a 'villan'.

If I was going to buy into any conspiricy theroy it would not involve Korea.

Why is this not in General Topics by the way?
Old 05-19-10, 11:42 AM   #4
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I love that newspaper, its always good for a laugh.
Old 05-19-10, 01:08 PM   #5
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamWake View Post
The real BS being spewed by the mainstream media is all the hype about the impending biggest enviromental disastor of all time.
lol, when have they NOT done that about anything? In a few months something else will go wrong and they'll be all over it like ants to a cake.
Old 05-19-10, 01:55 PM   #6
Captain Sub
Gunner

Downloads: 8

Quote:
conspiricy theroy
Could it get any more childish?

My god, what the hell is with peoples' minds these days. Thank you, Fox News.
Captain Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 02:54 PM   #7
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
incendiary torpedoes
Hey this is right up your alley! We can put this next to the US Armor Piercing Mk48 that sunk the Kursk.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 03:26 PM   #8
msxyz
Engineer

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Hey this is right up your alley! We can put this next to the US Armor Piercing Mk48 that sunk the Kursk.
That's nothing....

Imagine the uprising when the public opinion will discover that Deepwater Horizon was torpedoed by a lone German Uboot from operation Drumbeat.

These guys are fighting a war already lost for over 60 years!!! Apparently Doenitz ordered to the crew of that particular uboot to maintain absolute radio silence so they missed the news back in May '45

PS: On a more serious note, why it's so difficult to accept that sometimes a disaster is just a case of bad luck mixed with human errors? It's not the first oil rig that bursts into flames, too bad this time it happened on a sea platform sitting atop of a well deep in the ocean.
Old 05-19-10, 04:48 PM   #9
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
My god, what the hell is with peoples' minds these days.
Perhaps they read too many papers that have headlines like "darkie charged for shooting at bus load of humans" or "white extinction".
Steamwake was being kind just calling your topic conspiracy theory as your link is actually full of extremely vile racist tripe.
Old 05-19-10, 07:25 PM   #10
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by msxyz View Post
PS: On a more serious note, why it's so difficult to accept that sometimes a disaster is just a case of bad luck mixed with human errors? It's not the first oil rig that bursts into flames, too bad this time it happened on a sea platform sitting atop of a well deep in the ocean.
What? You don't believe that the oil companies have been supressing the invention of the 200-miles-per-gallon carburetor for the last fifty years?

On a serious note myself, and inlike with your "bad luck mixed with human errors" comment, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'll always believe screw-up before I believe cover-up.
Old 05-19-10, 08:45 PM   #11
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
On a serious note myself, and inlike with your "bad luck mixed with human errors" comment, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'll always believe screw-up before I believe cover-up.
Pfft, that's just the kind of thinking that's kept us from hovercars and alien interaction.
Old 05-20-10, 08:36 AM   #12
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Yet a month later still no signs of oil ashore or oil covered birds etc. The media went crazy over some tar balls that washed up in key west. However they turned out to not be from the DW site.
That's because the scumbag thugs at BP are blocking people from filming it: http://www.energyboom.com/policy/bp-...public-beaches.

Quote:
Meanwhile BP is bending over handing out tons of cash and working hard (sucessfully by the way) to limit the leak yet they are still a 'villan'.
Awww, poor poor BP. Reckless disregard for safety standards, doing long term damage to an entire ecosystem and destroying the livelihood of thousands of Americans, and they're so unfairly looked upon as villains. Give me a break.

EDIT: More evidence as to why you're utterly and completely full of sh*t: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...na_shores.html

BP can go to hell. Their CEO should be set adrift on a flaming barge in the middle of their oil spill.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.

Last edited by mookiemookie; 05-24-10 at 10:06 PM.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 01:21 PM   #13
WarlordATF
Frogman

Downloads: 105

I have read alot of crap over the years, but this one is really near the top of the list. Obama could use a Nuke to stop the disaster? Um... Can i have some of whatever that author is smoking? Setting off a nuke in the gulf would be far worse than any oil spill.

I have lived/fished/swam in and around the Gulf since i was 7 years old and i have to agree with Steamwake that tar balls do show up from time to time, be it from a natural leak or rotting wrecks. This leak is a very bad thing, but the media is making it sound far worse than it really is. There will be some damage done, but in the long run the oil will seep back into the earth. This isn't processed fuel with tons of chemicals added, its crude and it naturally occurs and the enviroment will absorb it just like it has done for millions of years.

Sure wildlife and fish will be effected and like i said its a bad thing, but the real disaster is that it was more important to siphon the oil to waiting tankers instead of stopping the leak. It could have been stopped fairly quickly, but there was more money in it to allow it to flow while they figure out how to capture the oil and make money off of it.