SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-29-15, 03:34 PM   #1936
Stevelad
Swabbie

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Just glad I didn't fork out for this rubbish and being a non computer person trying to troll through all the tutorial on the MODS spending time doing it as written and then still getting issues just not willing to spend hours days and weeks for there to suddenly be an issue later on and loose my progress .
Happy hunting I'm off to the boozers.
Stevelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 11:32 AM   #1937
edjohnbus
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
Default Not Getting Credit for Completing Missions

My Missions aren't updating total tonnage or badges. It used to, now all the sudden they don't.
How can I fix this? Kinda sucks knowing the game is pointless because I never achieve objectives.
The only mission I get credit for is the Tutorial Mission. After that, I can sink a million tons around Britain and nothing....

Capture.JPG
edjohnbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 12:35 PM   #1938
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjohnbus View Post
My Missions aren't updating total tonnage or badges. It used to, now all the sudden they don't.
How can I fix this? Kinda sucks knowing the game is pointless because I never achieve objectives.
The only mission I get credit for is the Tutorial Mission. After that, I can sink a million tons around Britain and nothing....

Attachment 1592
can u link us your mod list to see there u have installed correctly and in right order the mods....

try to download and install VDR mega mod it's a really good one the link for the mega mod is here
and also u can find really useful things on THEBERBSTER how to thread
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-15, 06:10 PM   #1939
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back > edjohnbus
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel > Adds The Missing Target Identify Icon Back > Wind & Smoke addon Mod
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos

Hi ed
Save yourself a lot of hassle and take a look at the TWOS mega mod.
This is the way forward for SH5 and is constantly being updated by the modder Vecko to get the best out of the game.
The YouTube videos show TWOS in action.
Check out the TWOS post #1 and see if it appeals to you.
I can highly recommend it and is a very stable platform.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 07:56 PM   #1940
FrontierAL
Watch

Downloads: 30

I have heard a strange clinking noise when I am speeding around the seas, and then my sub dies! Like, what? This is really annoying and I would like help ASAP!
FrontierAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 12:43 AM   #1941
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

edjohnbus!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 06:57 AM   #1942
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-15, 04:10 PM   #1943
Zky
Bosun

Downloads: 209

Ahoy Captains, long lost skipper lost at sea but now Im back (for the 4th time or something)

Installed Wolves of steel mega mod with no other mods. I have reinstalled once and before this (running my own mod soup until now) never had this problem.

The problem is that I cant identify ships! There is no option, I lock on with spacebar and then it just says warship so I cant select what ship it is Im seeing. Im probably just doing something wrong that I have forgotten about being lost at sea all this time...

Thanks!
Zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-15, 05:24 PM   #1944
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zky View Post
Ahoy Captains, long lost skipper lost at sea but now Im back (for the 4th time or something)

Installed Wolves of steel mega mod with no other mods. I have reinstalled once and before this (running my own mod soup until now) never had this problem.

The problem is that I cant identify ships! There is no option, I lock on with spacebar and then it just says warship so I cant select what ship it is Im seeing. Im probably just doing something wrong that I have forgotten about being lost at sea all this time...

Thanks!
Aloha and welcome back seems that u didn't read the documentation of WoS

- Where's mine target identify button?!
In this megamod automatic target recognition is disabled due to somewhat unrealistic implementation. There really aren't to many ships to be recognized in SH5 so auto recognition while the ship is 20 km away is a huge gamebraker...Get your AutoReqButton back
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-15, 05:49 PM   #1945
Zky
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
Aloha and welcome back seems that u didn't read the documentation of WoS

- Where's mine target identify button?!
In this megamod automatic target recognition is disabled due to somewhat unrealistic implementation. There really aren't to many ships to be recognized in SH5 so auto recognition while the ship is 20 km away is a huge gamebraker...Get your AutoReqButton back
Thanks Sjizzle! I promise I searched high and low and even read that part a couple of times. But that's not it, if I haven't misunderstood everything.

Here is a screenshot:
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.co...3-39-13-97.bmp

Im missing the option to choose what ship it is that Im seeing, there should be an underline of "I have an unknown warship" but that doesn exist for me it just says "I have a warship"

I also have another UI then the old trusted TDW UI, maybe it just changed with the mega mod or those that anything to do with it?

EDIT: Figured out how to fix the UI with the python file from TDW but no luck with the main problem.

Last edited by Zky; 12-18-15 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-19-15, 05:55 AM   #1946
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Thanks Sjizzle! I promise I searched high and low and even read that part a couple of times. But that's not it, if I haven't misunderstood everything.

Here is a screenshot:
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.co...3-39-13-97.bmp

Im missing the option to choose what ship it is that Im seeing, there should be an underline of "I have an unknown warship" but that doesn exist for me it just says "I have a warship"

I also have another UI then the old trusted TDW UI, maybe it just changed with the mega mod or those that anything to do with it?

EDIT: Figured out how to fix the UI with the python file from TDW but no luck with the main problem.
Also from FAQ...
Quote:
- How do you access a recognition manual that can feed TDC?
Press "E" key or notepad lookalike charts GUI button on the bar near right edge of the screen. Recognition manual's "drag" tab will become visible near left edge of the screen. Stock Rec. manual in XO dialog screen is disabled because it's incorrect and incomplete...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 06:56 AM   #1947
Zky
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Also from FAQ...
Quote:
Quote:
- How do you access a recognition manual that can feed TDC?
Press "E" key or notepad lookalike charts GUI button on the bar near right edge of the screen. Recognition manual's "drag" tab will become visible near left edge of the screen. Stock Rec. manual in XO dialog screen is disabled because it's incorrect and incomplete...

Wait so if I understand this correctly the option to select what ship it is in the dialog is now removed and I know send the information to the TDC with the ship recognition manual? I don't really get any confirmation that the information is sent to the TDC so it's just a bit confusing to me sry!

Sry for being a pain in the ass, must get a bit tedious explaining this again and agian for people like me!
Old 12-19-15, 11:25 AM   #1948
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

I don't really get any confirmation that the information is sent to the TDC so it's just a bit confusing to me sry!
You'll see your confirmation if you click on "range" word in XO dialog menu after you've applied ""send data to tdc" in rec. manual . The Mast height will be updated...
Old 12-19-15, 01:08 PM   #1949
Zky
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
You'll see your confirmation if you click on "range" word in XO dialog menu after you've applied ""send data to tdc" in rec. manual . The Mast height will be updated...
Thanks a lot! Then we have it figured out.

Got a new problem though, the speed of my u-boat is a bit incorrect. In the picture here you can see that I have given the order of "Ahead slow" but it stays at "minimum speed". The speed seems to be delayed by one all the time, and in the end that means I can't stop at all it sits at minimum speed

IMAGE:
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.co...8-53-55-31.bmp
Old 12-19-15, 03:46 PM   #1950
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks a lot! Then we have it figured out.

Got a new problem though, the speed of my u-boat is a bit incorrect. In the picture here you can see that I have given the order of "Ahead slow" but it stays at "minimum speed". The speed seems to be delayed by one all the time, and in the end that means I can't stop at all it sits at minimum speed

IMAGE:
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.co...8-53-55-31.bmp
For that answer you should finally check those FAQ and tips...