SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-13, 06:39 PM   #1
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658
Uploads: 0

Wow, you guys have been busy.

After see the charts one question. Where safety lines modded in so the crews won't be blown overboard?

I'd try it out when you get a link posted but I'd have to start all over again with my campaign. Not going to happen for a while I'm afraid, but I will download it and have it in a safe place for later on.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 06:42 PM   #2
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Wow, you guys have been busy.

I'd try it out but I'd have to start all over again with my campaign. Not going to happen for a while I'm afraid, but I will download it and have it in a safe place for later on.
Hi Gary,

If you were using Dynamic Environment v 2.1, you can enabled the new version any time
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 07:31 PM   #3
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Gary,

If you were using Dynamic Environment v 2.1, you can enabled the new version any time
By that I take it you mean I wouldn't have to start a new career? And yes I do have the Dyn Env v2.1 mod installed right now. Just uninstall 2.1 and install 2.9 in the same lines where 2.1 was?

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 08:22 PM   #4
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushTheBus View Post
Gap, stupid question. Can you enable Breeze, Gale & Hurricane sub mods to encompass all wind conditions?
Hi RushTheBus, sorry for the late reply.

The naming of DynEnv's submods have probably misleaded you into thinking that they apply to different wind ranges, and that they can therefore be enabled together. I and stoianm could have actually called them "normal version", "very high waves version" and "high waves with abnormal frequency version". They all, especially the last two, are sort of experimental, as they try to address a limitation of the game engine (which limits the wind speed to max 15 m/s) by increasing dramatically wave strenght leawing wind speeds unaltered. The settings of the three of them are found in the same file, and enabling more than one would mean that only the one enabled last would be applied. On the other hand, their merging into one file, would require a delicate averaging/finetunig of parameters from different version applying to the same wind speeds, rather than a simple copy/paste process.

Waiting for a proper wave mod, I suggest you sticking to one of the following:

- breeze version (as included in DynEnv's package);
- gale version with Fifi's improvements (available as an external download at post #1);
- sobers wave mod (also available from post #1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
By that I take it you mean I wouldn't have to start a new career? And yes I do have the Dyn Env v2.1 mod installed right now. Just uninstall 2.1 and install 2.9 in the same lines where 2.1 was?
yep, v 2.9 is an optimization of v 2.1, but core files are mostly unchanged. More in general, not being saved in save games, environmental parameters can be edited during campaign with relative safety. This is on the pro side, the cons being that on game reload, weather is never the same as when you saved it
Old 03-02-14, 02:58 PM   #5
R1fl3M4n
Gunner

Downloads: 86

installed the mod, everything looks ok but underwater i see lots of white textures, what did i miss?!

LE: installed the critical update and everything is fine ! nice graphics ! nice mod! 10/10 !!!!

The Merchant season is open!
R1fl3M4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 04:10 PM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1fl3M4n View Post
installed the mod, everything looks ok but underwater i see lots of white textures, what did i miss?!

LE: installed the critical update and everything is fine ! nice graphics ! nice mod! 10/10 !!!!

Since you are enjoying the mod so mutch, you might be pleased knowing that it was started as a solo project by a country mate of you. I take the occasion for praising (once more) our friend stoianm and all the subsim buddies who have contributed to it!
Old 03-02-14, 04:18 PM   #7
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

A Big Thank you to Stoianm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

Since you are enjoying the mod so mutch, you might be pleased knowing that it was started as a solo project by a country mate of you. I take the occasion for praising (once more) our friend stoianm and all the subsim buddies who have contributed to it!
Old 04-22-14, 03:43 PM   #8
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

[SeaType #]
WindSpeed= the wind speed that each sea type applies to
ScaleX= main wave width. In game units? (1 unit = 10 m)
ScaleY= main wave height
ScaleZ= main wave length
ScaleNormal= ?
BumpScaleU= how many times waves' bump map (which file is that?) is sampled over a square of sea surface (in width) (?)
BumpScaleV= how many times waves' bump map is sampled over a square of sea surface (in length) (?)
NormalSharpness= ?
BumpScale= the size of the sea surface square that the bump map is sampled on (in game units?)
BumpStrength= bump map sharpness?
FarWavesScale= this could be a wave scale (X, Y, and Z) modifier, applied to waves far from player's sub (?)
FarWavesStrength= this could be a wave strength (the force applied to seagoing vessels) modifier, applied to waves far from player's sub (?)
FresnelBias= applies to water reflections
FresnelPower= applies to water reflections
LargeWavesArmonics= max number of large waves travelling in a string (?)
LargeWavesCoef= ?
SeaSpeed= how fast waves are travelling compared to wind speed (?)
WaveChoppinessFactor= self explanatory
ReflectionIntensity= self explanatory
ReflectionDeformation= self explanatory
TransparencyDistance=? Transparent water distance from the players view . Wider or narrower view . When looking over the side of the sub you could make the water transparent 18 mts deep by a few meters wide etc . or 25 mts deep x 100 meters wide view . You will get the same view with external camera . stoianm did a transparent water altering the shaders but that made the entire water transparent .
TransparencyDistanceUnder= ? Transparent water distance from the players view . Depth of transparency .
SpecGlossiness= specular reflections glosiness
SpecIntensity= specular reflections strength
SpecSpread= specular reflections angle of spread (?) shape of specular glossiness http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.c...lour-of-water/
UnderSpecGlossiness= ?
UnderSpecIntensity= ?
ExtraSpecGlossiness= ?
ExtraSpecIntensity= ?
ExtraSpecSpread= ?
HeightColorFactor= ? You can give the trough of waves a darker appearance giving the impression of depth . Too much and it looks terrible

Last edited by THE_MASK; 04-23-14 at 06:19 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 05:40 AM   #9
gap
Navy Seal

Thank you sober. Please keep your comments coming
Old 04-26-14, 08:59 AM   #10
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
[SeaType #]
WindSpeed= the wind speed that each sea type applies to
ScaleX= main wave width. In game units? (1 unit = 10 m)
ScaleY= main wave height
ScaleZ= main wave length
ScaleNormal= ?
BumpScaleU= how many times waves' bump map (which file is that?) is sampled over a square of sea surface (in width) (?)
BumpScaleV= how many times waves' bump map is sampled over a square of sea surface (in length) (?)
NormalSharpness= ?
BumpScale= the size of the sea surface square that the bump map is sampled on (in game units?)
BumpStrength= bump map sharpness?
FarWavesScale= this could be a wave scale (X, Y, and Z) modifier, applied to waves far from player's sub (?)
FarWavesStrength= this could be a wave strength (the force applied to seagoing vessels) modifier, applied to waves far from player's sub (?)
FresnelBias= applies to water reflections
FresnelPower= applies to water reflections
LargeWavesArmonics= max number of large waves travelling in a string (?)
LargeWavesCoef= Drag coef. introduced to the vessel when it hits large wave, O-no drag, 1- shiping goes nowhere...
SeaSpeed= how fast waves are travelling compared to wind speed (?)
WaveChoppinessFactor= self explanatory
ReflectionIntensity= self explanatory
ReflectionDeformation= self explanatory
TransparencyDistance=? Transparent water distance from the players view . Wider or narrower view . When looking over the side of the sub you could make the water transparent 18 mts deep by a few meters wide etc . or 25 mts deep x 100 meters wide view . You will get the same view with external camera . stoianm did a transparent water altering the shaders but that made the entire water transparent .
TransparencyDistanceUnder= ? Transparent water distance from the players view . Depth of transparency .
SpecGlossiness= specular reflections glosiness
SpecIntensity= specular reflections strength
SpecSpread= specular reflections angle of spread (?) shape of specular glossiness http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.c...lour-of-water/
UnderSpecGlossiness= ?
UnderSpecIntensity= ?
ExtraSpecGlossiness= ?
ExtraSpecIntensity= ?
ExtraSpecSpread= ?
HeightColorFactor= ? You can give the trough of waves a darker appearance giving the impression of depth . Too much and it looks terrible
Small digression...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 06:54 PM   #11
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Congratulations my friend!

It was really Global work!

User guide is similar to the user manual for launching ballistic missiles
I'm afraid I'll need more than a day to read it all

Thank you Gabriele!

PS: why v2.9?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 07:22 PM   #12
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Congratulations my friend!

It was really Global work!

User guide is similar to the user manual for launching ballistic missiles
I'm afraid I'll need more than a day to read it all

Thank you Gabriele!

PS: why v2.9?
Thank you Volodya for your encoragement and your contributions to this mod!

This new version doesn't contain substantial new features (thus the number version 2.9), but it is aimed to consolidate Dynamic Environment with several improvement which had been released as separate patches since its last "official" release, and to make it more accessible to any player in therms of easy dowload and installation, compatibility with other mods, and good performance on any computer.

Imo, the most important feature is that I and stoianm agreed in making Dynamic Environment into a "community mod" (as stated is 'Authors' section of the readme, we don't consider it anymore as "our" mod), thus making it even more open than before to anyone's contribution. I strongly hope that our modders will accept our invitation

Unfortunately, my convolute English didn't help me in making the user guide as easy as, as I hope, is the rest
Old 02-25-13, 07:34 PM   #13
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

I see new vegetation does not yet implemented in this version?

PS: my contributions? a drop in the ocean

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 08:24 PM   #14
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I see new vegetation does not yet implemented in this version?
No, not yet, but it is still in my todo list.

Implementing this feature implies a lot of graphical work on the raw map used for setting the different ecoregions, and on the textures to be rendered in game (not only tree textures: seabed, terrain and rock textures can be customized as well for each region ).

It means a lot of work. I will consecrate to it once we finish with our other project, which I hope to work on full time, now

Quote:
PS: my contributions? a drop in the ocean
drops is exaclty what oceans are made of. Many drops. Any singular drop may appear insignificant, but it is not
Old 02-25-13, 07:38 PM   #15
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

Gap,

What's the weather change factor? As in ...does the weather change at some random interval....or does it change after X number of hours? Does the Medium Fog reload bug follow the same weather change factor?
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
climate, dynamic environment, environment, environmental mod, fog, weather