SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-23, 04:08 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default UBoat - The Silent Wolf VR

It seems the other forum sections do not cover the imminent release of this title?!
Tomorrow, Novembre 30th, they will release it for Quest 3 (2 as well, I assume...), Steam has it for a later PC release as well. I do not know much about it, nothing to be precise, they write at Steam it has a single player mode, is a mix of role playing and system simulation, and is also for up to 4 players in coop.
I am not certain about the single player aspect, I mean one player running up and down inside the boat to cover the many stations and systems? Well, I will get it anyway and check it out at weekend or so, I have several dates htis week, happens not often that I am under time pressure, but this week is one such rare week.

As said, Quest goes first, tomorrow. I'm fine with that. Quest price is currently around 18 coins.

edit:

A correction maybe is due, an older trailer says at its end it is Quest 3. No mentioning of Quest 2. Would make sense, since Quest 3 almost doubles the processing power of the Quest 2.
Old 11-28-23, 05:58 AM   #2
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Trailer would have been so much funnier if they'd made the dude in the sweatshirt a fat slovenly waddling fellow.
Old 11-28-23, 06:47 AM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Thanks, will check it out.
Old 11-29-23, 03:24 AM   #4
wynarator
Nub

Downloads: 2

This game looks suspiciously similar to IronWolf, also they use exact same logo as UBOAT game by Deep Water Studio:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/494840/UBOAT/

I am worried that this is an asset flip, but if it's as good as IronWolf then I will surely get it on PCVR when it's released.
wynarator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-23, 03:45 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

I have not yet played it, I am tired, but the game is out and in 33 player feedbacks until now almost all, except one guy, gave a 5 star rating. See here:

https://www.meta.com/de-de/experienc...8925843825801/
Old 11-30-23, 05:06 PM   #6
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Played a bit of this tonight lots to do with ballast tanks, dive planes, loading torps, morse code, engine controls, deck gun, AA gun, much more a real U-boat like than that found in Iron Wolf, targeting is simplified but fun and there are lots of ports to visit and an open world mode too.

The tutorial is well done as a series of missions walking you though the various controls etc and multiplayer for up to 5 players on the same boat is possible, overall for the tiny price and the incredible ‘you are there’ feeling that VR delivers it really is worth experiencing. The current version runs directly on the Quest 2 & 3 and is only about 1.7GB, a PCVR version is also in the works.

As an added bonus… I got a good workout trying to fix the leaks and pump out the bilges so a bit more belly reducing than your average PC subsim
Old 12-03-23, 08:55 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

I'm having fun with this, its very, VERY immersive, the uboat is nicely modelled and detailed, and you really have to physically work for your laurels .

Old 02-01-24, 04:56 PM   #8
WillRockwell
Cadet

I am new to this forum. I joined because I recently purchased Silent Wolf and have become engrossed in it. It seems to me the main difference between this SIM and others that I have seen is that Silent Wolf gives you the entire submarine. You can walk from room to room and adjust almost anything.
WillRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-24, 11:23 AM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

WilllRockwell!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-24, 02:06 PM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

What I found unbelievable when walking through the VR submarine (which is a type VII, I think), is that these had a crew of 42-46 (Wikipedia).

In that limited space...? I would freak out already on day one. And completely.
Old 02-04-24, 11:39 AM   #11
dino_owl
Cadet

Default How to reach maximum speed?

Hi, in single player the sub reaches 17 knots, but in multiplayer I get around 9 knots even with fuel pump running on max, max coolant, and being on the surface. Is it something missing?

And how to dive without engines running and using dive planes? All water tanks are full.

And how tobsurvive depth charge attacks? Even on 100+ meters ships aim is so precise I almost always die. Should be easier to survive.

Otherwise very fun game
dino_owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 12:30 PM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

dino_owl!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 06:53 AM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_owl View Post
Hi,

1. in single player the sub reaches 17 knots, but in multiplayer I get around 9 knots even with fuel pump running on max, max coolant, and being on the surface. Is it something missing?

2. And how to dive without engines running and using dive planes? All water tanks are full.

3. And how tobsurvive depth charge attacks? Even on 100+ meters ships aim is so precise I almost always die. Should be easier to survive.

Otherwise very fun game
1. That could be a bug, I never noticed it, however, since I never go online with this.
2. Again I never tried to dive while standing still. Will check next time.
3. That should not be, and it has not happened with that consistency to me. Maybe you manouver too noisy?

I have not played this too much, however, I mainly stick to sports games in VR: racket&ball games, and golf. I have not much experience with this game.