SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-21, 05:38 AM   #11
lonehawknz
Mate

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonehawknz View Post
Cracking stuff Sir! It is probably just me - as you say! Thanks for the tips. Merry Christmas!

It was me! The TF's for both actions are there and perform as expected. RSRD had them travelling slightly different tracks. Yours are more accurate.

In "my" Java Sea, Haguro was disabled by Exeter, who was promptly sunk herself, along with De Ruyter and Houston. Java and Perth escaped. Desdiv58 were absolute monsters and sank Harusame and Ushio as they tried to attack me! Four-pipe heroes indeed!

I delivered the coup de grace on Haguro which was pretty much dead in the water, so felt a bit cheaty - but not so different to what happened to Lexington in real life of course.

And just to clear up the earlier comment - I wasn't saying it was unrealistic to represent these battles in the sim. Of course not. Just that a sub commander of the time would of course not have had knowledge of exactly where the encounters would occur, whereas I of course do!! Crystal Ball!

Doesn't alter the fact that, like you, it's the part I enjoy most - watching these battles unfold. Great work Commander!