SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Should I review the RA mod on Youtube?
Yes 19 90.48%
No 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-15, 11:48 AM   #16
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Abberton View Post
Do anyone know if any of the Red Storm Rising missions have been re-written anywhere to make use of the non-playable platforms additions to RA?

It would be nice to see more Foxtrots, Tangos, etc. in the missions like in the Book, rather than all Victors and Akulas.
I was just thinking of doing this. I've really been wanting to get my feet wet with mission editing and I've thought of this and some other things that I'd like to do. It would be fun to make the campaign more relevant to its era.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-15, 01:09 PM   #17
freijon
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

I recorded the first mission of the RSR campaign: Calm Before the Storm. You can find the playlist here:

The first mission doesn't have a lot of action, so be prepared to hear a lot of blabbering without a lot happening ;-)
If you like it I'll continue with the following missions. Please let me know your honest opinion, I'd be happy to try to incorporate your feedback into future videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Shoot me a PM if you're interested in learning my video-creating workflow. If others are interested in the video-creating workflow, I could add that to my already backlogged tutorial queue haha
Thanks for your offer. Actually I just sent you a PM on Youtube regarding just that. I'd be happy if you could share some of your experience.
freijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 03:15 AM   #18
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Nice videos

Maybe you could explain more stuff in the beginning (for instance what DW is all about and more details about the RA mod (bug fixes, AI improvements and so forth)
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 03:28 AM   #19
freijon
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
Nice videos

Maybe you could explain more stuff in the beginning (for instance what DW is all about and more details about the RA mod (bug fixes, AI improvements and so forth)
Thanks for your feedback.
A small DW introduction would have been nice. Maybe I'll do that in my second mission. Regarding the bug fixes and AI improvements: I figured I'll explain this when you can actually see it in the video. I hope there will be enough occasions where I can demonstrate these kinds of things.
Old 01-02-16, 05:30 AM   #20
ghostdog688
Swabbie

Downloads: 58
radar

I've been following your lets play so far and it's really good work so far!
I also would like to start playing the campaign, and have been trying to organise a multiplayer session. I'd really like all the big guys on YouTube who play DW to play a mission and then we can sync up the footage and watch everyone's perspective. If you all wish to this, I'd love to organise such a session. I'm sure it would pull quite a few DW players out of the woodwork and really show sonalysts the value in updating/supporting this game for us!
ghostdog688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 01:41 PM   #21
freijon
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog688 View Post
I also would like to start playing the campaign, and have been trying to organise a multiplayer session. I'd really like all the big guys on YouTube who play DW to play a mission and then we can sync up the footage and watch everyone's perspective. If you all wish to this, I'd love to organise such a session. I'm sure it would pull quite a few DW players out of the woodwork and really show sonalysts the value in updating/supporting this game for us!
I would love that! If anyone is up for that I would be happy to join!
Old 01-06-16, 03:15 PM   #22
ghostdog688
Swabbie

Downloads: 58

I've added you through steam. contact me and we will find a time to organise a mulitplayer session!
ghostdog688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-16, 05:23 AM   #23
BattleRabbit
Watch

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog688 View Post
I've been following your lets play so far and it's really good work so far!
Funny seeing you here .
It was my first multiplayer session in a long time and I had a lot of fun, still can't believe that the stupid torpedo got me.

I recorded the session and will uploaded it to YouTube.

EDIT:

Last edited by BattleRabbit; 01-08-16 at 05:07 AM.
BattleRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-16, 07:10 AM   #24
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Well if you ever need an over agressive Soviet SSN/SSGN driver to do some ASuW work, call me
Old 02-03-16, 03:56 PM   #25
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27

A review on RA would be really great since there aren't many videos out there. Here are a few of my comments based my experience with the mod.

Something I don't really like about the mod
1. Rip off speed for Towed Array on subs is too low. Even FFG can drag TA at 29kts without issue, sub TAs can only sustain 24kts. Given TA takes about several minutes to fully reel in, by the time you increase to flank, the attacking the enemy torp is well on its way to find you. I like 30kts as portraited by some other mod out there (I forgot the name of it).

2. Spherical array is less useful than LWAMI. Practically useless in ASW fights.

3. Spherical array less accurate. Sometimes a contact bearing jumps around even though the target didn't do anything. I can understand when this happens to a TA, but not spherical

Those are just my 2 cents. You can see for yourself.

Otherwise the mod is great. I really liked it.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 01:24 PM   #26
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

Post removed.

Last edited by Polak2; 02-07-16 at 05:12 AM.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 02:22 PM   #27
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
Possibly some problem with RA's 688 LA Active Sonar Intercept screen and operation. Or, I should better consult the manual to operate it? Anyone care to take a look to confirm or deny? Thanks.
You'd probably have more luck making a new thread. This post isn't relevant to this thread.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-16, 12:40 PM   #28
freijon
Swabbie

I'm sorry that there are no more videos at the moment. My laptop keeps freezing when playing games. Seems to be a GPU issue. I just ordered a new one and hopefully I'll be able to continue the series with the new computer.
Old 02-13-16, 03:03 PM   #29
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

ghostdog688! Well named U slipped past (almost ) the welcome committee! Forgive our oversight!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-16, 10:54 AM   #30
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim ghostdog688

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
dwx, review, youtube